PDA

View Full Version : District 5-3A Playoff Prediction

GreenMonster
10-26-2004, 12:27 PM
District 5-3A will be very well represented this year in the State Play-offs. Graham should go D-I as they are the largest school in the district and a near lock for the play-offs. Vernon should go in D-II as the district champion and are the defending Region I D-II Champion. Iowa Park should fill the final slot and should be a force to be reckoned with much like Vernon. The D-II teams out of this district have a legitimate chance to meet for the Region I Championship.

Blondo
10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
WILL GRAHAM MAKE IT PAST THEIR FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF GAME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Blondo
WILL GRAHAM MAKE IT PAST THEIR FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF GAME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Graham all depends on what the status of Condron. Their stud RB supposidly hurt his knee last week. If he plays, I think they beat Gainesville. If he's out, they probably lose to Vernon and IP and really "limp" into the playoffs.

shortbag33
10-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Blondo, if they play Gainsville in the first round they will.

wildstangs
10-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Someone on the board said he is out for the year. In that case, Gainesville wins.

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Someone on the board said he is out for the year. In that case, Gainesville wins.

I would agree.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:11 PM
My predictions

Iowa park (3-1)
Graham (3-1)
Vernon (2-2)
Breckenridge (2-2)
Hirschi (0-4)

I dont think vernon has the ability to beat ethier graham or breckenridge, Iowa park passed all over vernon and Breck is a passing team, but its time to knock Graham off there 27 straight district win, and iowa park has the talent to do it.
And to say, if my predictions are right, if graham beats vernon, and breckenridge beats them by 3, vernon will not make the playoffs.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:12 PM
thanks GreenMonster, but i gotta thank Keith on the sig!!!

GreenMonster
10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Sorry SoulTaker but you are wrong about Breck- Vernon. The Lions will play keep away with the Bucks just like they did IP in the 2nd half. Also, Breck has nowhere near the talent pool Vernon has. I think the Lions will win by 2TD's.

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SoulTaker_IP
My predictions

Iowa park (3-1)
Graham (3-1)
Vernon (2-2)
Breckenridge (2-2)
Hirschi (0-4)

I dont think vernon has the ability to beat ethier graham or breckenridge, Iowa park passed all over vernon and Breck is a passing team, but its time to knock Graham off there 27 straight district win, and iowa park has the talent to do it.
And to say, if my predictions are right, if graham beats vernon, and breckenridge beats them by 3, vernon will not make the playoffs.

Soul, I read that Condron of Graham is out for the remainder of the season. If that's true, I don't think Graham can beat Vernon, do you? I think Graham loses to Vernon and IP.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Sorry GreenMonster, But Breckenridge will beat vernon, i hate to say it, but they will..... Heatly is a great quarter back, and the only reason why vernon had the ball so long is because of a couple of screwed up calls that went their way, It will not be that way against Breck, they will go out there and just man handle vernon

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Mac , 1 player doesnt make the team, if u remeber during the breck game, we started our 2nd QB and he did fine, And i think vernon wont be able to do what they are suppose to, as in take dive, qb, or pitch man, you will see what i mean this friday when the score is
Graham 35
Vernon 17

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Mac , 1 player doesnt make the team, if u remeber during the breck game, we started our 2nd QB and he did fine, And i think vernon wont be able to do what they are suppose to, as in take dive, qb, or pitch man, you will see what i mean this friday when the score is
Graham 35
Vernon 17

you may be right.

one player does not make a team, but we're talking about the mvp of the district. this is not just some guy on the team. i think this is a huge blow to graham.

GreenMonster
10-26-2004, 10:25 PM
If this is true Mac then Graham loses out and goes one and done in the play-offs. And for you SoulTaker, we'll have to see about that one. I agree that there is potential with Breck having a week off leading up to Vernon game. Gives them 2 work weeks to prepare a game plan. I have taken that into every consideration that I've had before posting this thread. I just truly believe that Vernon has too much talent for Breck to overcome.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:26 PM
It might be , but do you forget that graham's football team are all good, i dont think there is one average person (besides their secondary) on their team, there offense knows how to drive down peoples back side, as you can see all their rushing yards, whats the average 300+ a game

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
My lost post on this thread

To your last post green

WHAT TALENT?
(Besides their officials) :)

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:30 PM
It might be , but do you forget that graham's football team are all good, i dont think there is one average person (besides their secondary) on their team, there offense knows how to drive down peoples back side, as you can see all their rushing yards, whats the average 300+ a game

Soul, I'm sure you have noticed but this is not the same Graham team of years past. They already have 3 losses and they just lost their star RB. I understand you have respect for them and you should, but if there was ever a time to knock them off, now is that time.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:31 PM
I take that last post back, This is my final one on this thread...
Iowa park will be the team to do it, not vernon

GreenMonster
10-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Vernon's 300lbs DT's will stop the dive. Merrill's game plan will stuff the QB. Vernon's athletes on the perimeter will stuff the pitch. The pass will probably be there and Graham will hit on a couple of pass plays but, Lions will play ball controll and will probably bust a couple of big plays of their own. My prediction, Lions 24 Steers 21. Vernon wins on late FG.

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:34 PM
I take that last post back, This is my final one on this thread...
Iowa park will be the team to do it, not vernon

I hope you are right; that means IP wins district, I think...

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
My prediction, Lions 24 Steers 21. Vernon wins on late FG.

Monster, that sounds familiar....

IP_Hawk
10-26-2004, 10:43 PM
one player does not make a team, but we're talking about the mvp of the district. this is not just some guy on the team. i think this is a huge blow to graham. [/B][/QUOTE]

everyones right about one player doesnt make the team. but i dont agree with the mvp of the district statement hes not even the mvp of there team. blake rogers i believe the kids name is. rogers is there leading rusher and scorer. while condron also starts on defence and most special teams i dont think he is the mvp of the district.we have a couple of contenders here in iowa park who would argue that statement with there stats to. Williams has quite a few recieving and rushing tds in district not to mention 4 ints. plus we have swenson who everyone knows what he does.

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by IP_Hawk
one player does not make a team, but we're talking about the mvp of the district. this is not just some guy on the team. i think this is a huge blow to graham.

everyones right about one player doesnt make the team. but i dont agree with the mvp of the district statement hes not even the mvp of there team. blake rogers i believe the kids name is. rogers is there leading rusher and scorer. while condron also starts on defence and most special teams i dont think he is the mvp of the district.we have a couple of contenders here in iowa park who would argue that statement with there stats to. Williams has quite a few recieving and rushing tds in district not to mention 4 ints. plus we have swenson who everyone knows what he does. [/B][/QUOTE]

he was the mvp last year. that was my point.

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm very glad that the IP folks are not too confident about Graham. They should have a healthy respect for them, but I'm telling ya, they are vulnerable this year. They already have 3 losses and I don't think they can beat Vernon or IP with Condron out.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Well Macarthur u have me in the debating mood.....
Who are their 3 losses to??? do u know that... have u seen them play, or the other teams play???? Do you even know who they played? Maybe you should do some research on them before u say that they lost 3 times... Records mean nothing...
I mean..
Decatur(8-0).... there only what... #1 in state????
Marlin... (8-1)A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM
Wylie.... (6-2)when has wylie not beat graham??

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Well Macarthur u have me in the debating mood.....
Who are their 3 losses to??? do u know that... have u seen them play, or the other teams play???? Do you even know who they played? Maybe you should do some research on them before u say that they lost 3 times... Records mean nothing...
I mean..
Decatur.... there only what... #1 in state????
Marlin... A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM
Wylie.... when has wylie not beat graham??

Actually, I am aware of who has beaten them. No question, those are quality teams. Look, all I am saying is that they don't appear to be as good as the last few years. And on top of that, they lost arguably their best player.

I agree that records don't mean anything once you get in the playoffs, but in reality, records do mean something. That's how we measure teams. If records mean nothing, then what is the difference in IP and Hirschi?

BTW, Wylie is not as good as years in the past, either.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:57 PM
THAT HIRSCHI HAS BEEN BEAT THIS YEAR LIKE 400-24 thats the difference

IP_Hawk
10-26-2004, 10:57 PM
graham lost three strait im not sure about one of them but the other two were wylie and decatur. those are two very good teams ive been playing this graham team since 7th grade and they have loads of talent. if condron is out its a blow to there team but i promise they will be able to get buy w/ out him he is a great back not to mention defensive end. but rogers is good also and there backup running back had over 100 yards against breck when condron went down. We (iowa park) have had some trouble with the power run this season but we have also had success and have seen our defence work. i think if we come with our best games and we all do our jobs well be able to take care of business. this is kinda cliche but ive been hearing it my whole life "Its not the size of the HAWK in the fight but the size of the fight in the HAWK."

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 10:58 PM
THAT HIRSCHI HAS BEEN BEAT THIS YEAR LIKE 400-24 thats the difference

But that's not what they print in the newspapers. They print records.

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Mac stop while your ahead.... Graham is a very good football team, deal with it

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by IP_Hawk
graham lost three strait im not sure about one of them but the other two were wylie and decatur. those are two very good teams ive been playing this graham team since 7th grade and they have loads of talent. if condron is out its a blow to there team but i promise they will be able to get buy w/ out him he is a great back not to mention defensive end. but rogers is good also and there backup running back had over 100 yards against breck when condron went down. We (iowa park) have had some trouble with the power run this season but we have also had success and have seen our defence work. i think if we come with our best games and we all do our jobs well be able to take care of business. this is kinda cliche but ive been hearing it my whole life "Its not the size of the HAWK in the fight but the size of the fight in the HAWK."

Fair enough. Guys, don't get me wrong. I don't think Graham sucks. You don't do what they have done the last several years without talent. I just think they are more vulnerable this year than in years past. That's all!

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 11:01 PM
But you said... there 5-3... there more vunerable because of that??? no.... you just dont think their good.. watch them play a game... then we will talk

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Well im gonna call it a night...... im tired of proving you wrong...

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 11:06 PM
But you said... there 5-3... there more vunerable because of that??? no.... you just dont think their good.. watch them play a game... then we will talk

No, that's not what I said. I never said they weren't good. Don't put words in my mouth.

I said they are more vulnerable than in years past. Due to the fact that they have proven to be beatable (granted by tough competition) and they have lost a big part of their team in Condron. In previous years they were 10-0 going into the playoffs. 5-3 looks a little more vulnerable to me than 8-0 going into week 9. Doesn't it to you?

Macarthur
10-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Well im gonna call it a night...... im tired of proving you wrong...

It's easy to prove people wrong when you make up things that they didn't say.

VWG
10-27-2004, 07:41 AM
The three teams in this district to make the playoffs will be the usual suspects. Graham, Vernon, and Iowa Park.
Vernon is playing good football right now. If Vernon gets past Graham then they will win the district. They can beat Breckenridge. The Lions' offense will eat up the clock and with the talent they have in the backfield it will be too much for the Bucks to handle.
Heatly is a great QB, and also only a junior. He will have to have the game of his life to beat Vernon. Vernon has some talent in the secondary which can lead to a long night for Heatly.

Graham has lost Condron for the season. Tough blow for a kid that is in his final season of HS Football.
I agree that one man doesn't make a team, but he was a big part of that team. Just think if Keenum went down for Wylie, or Swenson went down for IP. Those teams would feel the sting of losing those key players, and the Steers will feel the effects of losing one of their best players.
Then again, the key to their offense starts up front and that big O-line is still healthy. Their QB, a junior, is also making better decisions as the games go by... and he is quick, quick, quick.