PDA

View Full Version : Funny team names!

Old Cardinal
11-05-2003, 05:40 PM
I just returned for a trip to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. While driving around the Florida panhandle countryside, I saw a very unique HS sign. It read "Laurel Hill Hoboes" all the way! At first I thought it was a trick and someone had changed Loboes to Hoboes on the sigh; however, after seeing several other signs, I became a believer.....Have you seen any unique team names in your travels?

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 05:49 PM
I always thought the Hutto Hippos was a little funny, till we met them on the field. I dont know what they have now, but back in the late 60's they used to wup the Bertram Panthers pretty good. I always wondered if the circus was passing through town when they chose their mascot.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

JasperDog94
11-05-2003, 06:52 PM
I'm gonna have to say the Taylor Ducks. *quack, quack*

And we all know how scary ducks can be... eek!

Buckeye80
11-05-2003, 07:09 PM
There's a team in the mountains near Copper Mountain, Colorado called the "Gold Miners". Not that funny, but still pretty unique I would say.

jason
11-05-2003, 07:11 PM
when i was in High School, my summer league basketball team was know as the 'Garland Knuckleheads'...we made a Colorado Springs Newspaper when we played there the summer before my Sr. year...people feared us...lol, actually most teams laughed at our torn blue/white reversible jerseys and mismatched shorts and then we carried on to beat the tar out of just about everybody....with the exception of a few teams of course... :D

Brahma73
11-05-2003, 07:17 PM
In vet school, our intramural teams were called the Nads. Our cheer would hence be, "Go Nads, Go!" (A rather nutty reference, wouldn't you say?) :o

BigChamp05
11-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Our summer baseball team is the Texas Snappers. We're like the frickin ninja turtles.

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 07:23 PM
I don't know about funny, but the New Braunfels Unicorns does not strike fear into my heart.

sharpie
11-05-2003, 07:32 PM
How about Deer Park Deer, Tivy Antlers, Mason Punchers, Or my favorite the Falls city Beavers!!

Buckeye80
11-05-2003, 07:34 PM
PPHSfan:
I don't know about funny, but the New Braunfels Unicorns does not strike fear into my heart.I wonder if they're horny! wink wink

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Buckeye80:
"You sons of an electric donkey bottom biter!" .
What scene is that from? I am a Grail Connoisseur and I don't remember that line. :p LOL

Ranger Mom
11-05-2003, 08:01 PM
My niece cheered for the football team in Carlsbad, New Mexico.....they are the Carlsbad Cavemen.
(I guess because of the Carlsbad Caverns???)

District303aPastPlayer
11-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Nothing like the Progresso Fightin Red Ants and the Robstown Cottonpickers...Also personal faves of mine:
Bishop Badgers
Austin High Maroons
Central Catholic Buttons
Incarnate Word Angels(co-ed HS)
Alamo Heights Mules

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-05-2003, 08:10 PM
As a matter offact, there was a circus in Hutto that escaped andthe locals chose that beast for the school mascot.he must have been a mean mullygrubber to catch!Of course that was back in the day.

Old Cardinal
11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Boy, There is some really funny stuff on here! I remember visiting Telluride, Colorado one time and they had a local music group called "THE UPPER CRUSTATIONS".

Da Mules
11-05-2003, 09:08 PM
some people get a kick out of the Muleshoe Mules... whatever. I for one would like to change the touchdown song to a few bars of the theme song from "Hee Haw." Salllute!

VWG
11-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Let us not forget the Lake Worth Bullfrogs.
In 5A, how about the Weatherford Kangaroos.

Or the Breckenridge Buckaroos.

GWOOD
11-05-2003, 10:26 PM
My hometown, Coleman Bluecats; junior high teams are known as the ferocious Bluekittens

Of course, the Itasca Wampus Cats

But my favorite team is a girls basketball team in Trent, Tx. The football team is the Gorillas and the girls basketball team is the Lady Gorillas

Ranger Mom
11-05-2003, 10:44 PM
GWOOD:
My hometown, Coleman Bluecats; junior high teams are known as the ferocious Bluekittens

Of course, the Itasca Wampus Cats

But my favorite team is a girls basketball team in Trent, Tx. The football team is the Gorillas and the girls basketball team is the Lady GorillasI lived in Coleman for a while!! I didn't know their mascot was the bluecats!!

What class are they??

Buckeye80
11-05-2003, 10:50 PM
PPHSfan:

Buckeye80:
What scene is that from? I am a Grail Connoisseur and I don't remember that line. :p LOLThe French taunting at the final castle.

turbostud
11-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Coleman is 2a I think.

Footballfan25
11-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Don't forget the Winter Blizzards.

20dawgz05
11-05-2003, 11:19 PM
i would have to say the llano yellowjackets they are YELLOWjackets but their colors are ORANGE!!! leave it to llano

Footballfan25
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Alvin is the Yellowjackets and they are burnt orange

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Buckeye80:

PPHSfan:

Buckeye80:
What scene is that from? I am a Grail Connoisseur and I don't remember that line. :p LOLThe French taunting at the final castle.Buckeye80,

I really do enjoy your posts and your humor, but you have got some serious wax in your ears. As I said before I am a connoisseur, so I am gonna see if I can remember how it goes. :D

ARTHUR: Halt! Hallo! Hallo!
GUARD: 'Allo! Who is zis?
ARTHUR: It is King Arthur, and these are the Knights of the Round
Table. Who's castle is this?
GUARD: This is the castle of Our Master Ruiz' de lu la Ramper (sp?)
ARTHUR: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God
with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the
night he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
GUARD: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen...
Uh, he's already got one, you see?
ARTHUR: What?
GALAHAD: He says they've already got one!
ARTHUR: Are you sure he's got one?
GUARD: Oh, yes, it's very nice-a [To Other Guards] I told him we already got one.
OTHER GUARDS: [Laughing]
ARTHUR: Well, um, can we come up and have a look?
GUARD: Of course not! You are English types-a!
ARTHUR: Well, what are you then?
GUARD: I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you
silly king!
GALAHAD: What are you doing in England?
GUARD: Mind your own business!
ARTHUR: If you will not show us the Grail, we shall take your castle
by force!
GUARD: You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your
bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called
Arthur-king, you and all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!
GALAHAD: What a strange person.
ARTHUR: Now look here, my good man!
GUARD: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal
food trough whopper! I fart in your general direction! You mother
was a hamster and your father smelt of eldeberries.
GALAHAD: Is there someone else up there we could talk to?
GUARD: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!
ARTHUR: Now, this is your last chance. I've been more than reasonable.
GUARD: (Fetchez la vache.)
wha?
GUARD: (Fetchez la vache!)
[moo]
ARTHUR: If you do not agree to my commands, then I shall--
[twong]
[mooooooo]
Jesus Christ!
Right! Charge!
ALL: Charge!
[mayhem]
GUARD: Ah, this one is for your mother!
[twong]
ALL: Run away!
GUARD: Thpppt!
LAUNCELOT: Fiends! I'll tear them apart!
ARTHUR: No no, no.
BEDEMIR: Sir! I have a plan, sir.

crimson blood
11-05-2003, 11:32 PM
pph, great post :D :D

from my glory days... the south park greenies wink

walkin' the dog
11-05-2003, 11:33 PM
My mom is from Arkansas and her HS rivals were the
Dardanelle Sandlizards.

BulldogGrl64
11-06-2003, 09:16 AM
The Central Catholic Buttons always make me laugh, as well as the New Braunfels Unicorns. :D

Bulldog92
11-06-2003, 09:29 AM
crimson blood:
pph, great post :D :D

from my glory days... the south park greenies wink We used to beat the green out of them too, but I thought that was an imposing name at least. It made em sound like a bunch of backyard bullies. Anyway, some of you know that I left Jasper after my junior year and moved to Colorado. The high school I graduated from in Aurora, CO (suburb of Denver) was called the Gateway Olympians with school with school colors of orange, yellow, and black. It was a huge letdown after so many years of the white and crimson...

BigChamp05
11-06-2003, 09:33 AM
What about schools with two different mascots for the boys and girls. Comfort's boys are the bobcats, but the girls are the deer(or antlers). Why don't they just have one mascot?

sphinx1906
11-06-2003, 09:37 AM
hey walkin the dog, ask your mom if she knows who the Arkansas Tech Wonderboys are. I played for them. Other funny names are the Fighting Russets(potatoes) and the Bananna Slugs in california.

St. Ivender
11-06-2003, 09:46 AM
My mom's alma mater are the Crane Golden Cranes. Really frightening.

Ranger Mom
11-06-2003, 09:49 AM
St. Ivender:
My mom's alma mater are the Crane Golden Cranes. Really frightening.Hey......so is my husbands!!!! :p

GWOOD
11-06-2003, 12:26 PM
I lived in Coleman for a while!! I didn't know their mascot was the bluecats!!

What class are they?? They are 2A now. Have been 3A in the past.

The Bluecats are the only Bluecats in the nation. No one really knows for sure where the name came from. They adopted the name in the 30's.

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-08-2003, 11:34 AM
How about the Frost Polerbears or the Itasca Whompus Cats? I do like the Bullfrogs,though.

Soleus
11-08-2003, 12:21 PM
My personal favorite is the Knippa Rockcrushers