PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley and Ann Margaret in Viva Las Vegas!

PhiI C
10-25-2004, 11:03 PM
On TCM tomorrow (Tuesday at 10 A.M.). This is a great movie with two great stars. If you can't watch it then get the old recorder out.

Bullaholic
10-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Phil.....you, me, and Sinton66 are probably the only 3 on here who can remember going to the theatre to see this movie when it was first released.

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2004, 11:16 PM
When Elvis was driving around in his car trying to make a name for himself, he played in Gainesville. There was less than 20 people at the show. Remember that was the times when his 'hip swinging' was unacceptable. My mother still talks about how she snuck out to go see him.

Phil C
10-26-2004, 08:53 AM
You are probably right Bull. In fact I was only about 6 but I remember when Hound Dog Man was first released and Love Me Tender first played in the movie theatres. Man those old {old to me then :)} teenage girls were crying when Elvis got killed at the end of that movie.

BJG40
10-28-2004, 06:50 AM
haha I never thought Id see a post about Elvis on here. Yeah he's mainly what I listen to all the guys think its hilarious but what i think is hilarious is when all the guys that listen to " hip-hop" start singin the elvis songs cause theyve heard it so much in my truck. Yep im gonna try and catch that movie.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 08:02 AM
MAN!! back in her day Ann Margaret was a LOOKER!!

Phil C
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
You are right there IHS. Also Elizabeth Taylor was a looker in her day. You should see her in her early movies like Cat On a Hot Tin Roof which also starred Paul Newman. Many of the girls back then had Pual Newman posters in their rooms. And Elvis had a great agent. When he was drafted they made a bunch of songs before he went into the army and over his two years tour of duty they realeased them to the public keeping him in front of the public and when he got out of the service he was still popular and his carreer was still going strong.

Phil C
10-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Unusual times back then. Elvis was a big star and could have easily fled to France or Canada or somewhere and not served and kept his career going from foreign soil. But he didn't dodge the draft and served proudly. I wonder what some of today's stars would do if the draft was reinstated.

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You are right there IHS. Also Elizabeth Taylor was a looker in her day. You should see her in her early movies like Cat On a Hot Tin Roof which also starred Paul Newman. Many of the girls back then had Pual Newman posters in their rooms. And Elvis had a great agent. When he was drafted they made a bunch of songs before he went into the army and over his two years tour of duty they realeased them to the public keeping him in front of the public and when he got out of the service he was still popular and his carreer was still going strong. oh DEFINATELY Phil.....Liz Taylor was BEAUTIFUL in her hay-day. i'll never forget her as Cleopatra...WOW!! :eek:

espn1
10-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I love that Show! Saw Elvis yesterday. He said Hello.
http://www.dropdeadugly.com/dp/uglypics/2-69.jpg