PDA

View Full Version : Teams who have clinched a playoff spot after Week 8

Keith7
10-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Here are teams that have already clinched a spot in the big show...
Keep in mind just because a team is listed doesnt mean that they are the best team.. and there are ALOT of teams that will clinch a playoff spot with a win this weekend that i wanted to add, but couldnt because mathmatically they could still be eliminated.. Please correct me if i'm wrong about any of these...

District 1
Perryton

District 2
Lubbock Cooper

District 3
Ft. Stockton

District 4
Snyder

District 5
NONE

District 6
Bowie
Gainesville

District 7
NONE

District 8
Glen Rose

District 9
Royse City

District 10
Wilmer-Hutchins

District 11
Mount Vernon
Quinlan Ford

District 12
NONE

District 13
Gilmer
Pitsburg

District 14
NONE

District 15
Van

District 16
Tatum

District 17
NONE

District 18
Marlin

District 19
Rockdale
Cameron Yoe

District 20
Rice Consolidated

District 21
NONE

District 22
Silsbee
Kirbyville

District 23
NONE

District 24
West Orange Stark

District 25
Columbia

District 26
Cuero

District 27
Liberty Hill

District 28
Marion

District 29
NONE

District 30
Sinton

District 31
Zapata

District 32
Port Isabel

Bullaholic
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks Keith...you're a hard-working young man!

shsu62
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Decatur

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Canyon

Keith7
10-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by shsu62
Decatur

Although they shouldnt lose another district game, they still havnt mathmatically made it yet.. and here is why

If they lose thier next 2 games and Bridgeport, Lake Worth, and Little Elm win all the rest of thier games then, that would make the district look like this

Bridgeport 4-1
Little Elm 4-1
Lake Worth 3-2
Decatur 3-2

and if that were to happen then Decatur would of had to have lost to Lake Worth, thus breaking the tie breaker and eliminating them from the playoffs...

get it??

lilt1506
10-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Silsbee

Keith7
10-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by lilt1506
Silsbee

yup i must have overlooked them

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Keith, mathmatically Graham isn't quite in yet either. They have not yet played the two toughest teams in district. Breckenridge still has a shot if they can win in Vernon in final week.

Keith7
10-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Keith, mathmatically Graham isn't quite in yet either. They have not yet played the two toughest teams in district. Breckenridge still has a shot if they can win in Vernon in final week.

Graham has already beaten Breckenridge, so they can lose thier next 2 games and be tied w/ breckenridge, at 2-2 but since they have beaten them then that means that they would get in ahead of Breckenridge

am i wrong??

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 10:09 PM
no you are not wrong, but it is possible for a 3 way tie at second place. If three teams are tied then a point system is used to determine who goes in. Depending on how many points you have won by with a limit of 14 point credit per victory. MATHMATICALLY Graham isn't a lock. If you used your method then Iowa Park is a playoff lock tooo due to a victory over the Buckaroos.

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Don't worry though, Vernon will eat up Breck. Graham Vernon and Iowa Park will represent this district in the playoffs.

j_dog
10-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by lilt1506
Silsbee
I am puzzled by how you figure Silsbee has it locked up. I agree, they are odds on favorites, but are not quite there. I know it is unlikely in your mind, but suppose Silsbee loses to Kirbyville. That is one loss. Suppose Jasper loses to Shepherd. That is two losses for Jasper. Suppose Jasper beats Silsbee and Shepherd wins their last game. Seems to me that KV would be sitting high and dry as district champs, and there would be a 3 way tie for 2nd and third among Silsbee, Jasper and Shepherd. Somebody would be odd-team out on the tie breakers. Or am I just totally missing something here? :thinking: Now if Silsbee beats Kirbyville Friday night, then I will agree that Silsbee has a lock on the playoffs.

It is a long shot that all these things would happen, but they could. Clinching means to me that there IS NO POSSIBILITY of not making the playoffs. :thinking:

Keith7
10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
no you are not wrong, but it is possible for a 3 way tie at second place. If three teams are tied then a point system is used to determine who goes in. Depending on how many points you have won by with a limit of 14 point credit per victory. MATHMATICALLY Graham isn't a lock. If you used your method then Iowa Park is a playoff lock tooo due to a victory over the Buckaroos.

Even Graham loses thier next 2 and breckenridge, and vernon and Iowa Park all win thier games then that would make the district look like this

Vernon 4-0
Iowa Park 3-1
Graham 2-2
Breckenridge 2-2

and since Graham has beaten Breckenridge.. that means Graham would get in ahead of Breckenridge..

am i wrong??

Bullaholic
10-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Although they shouldnt lose another district game, they still havnt mathmatically made it yet.. and here is why

If they lose thier next 2 games and Bridgeport, Lake Worth, and Little Elm win all the rest of thier games then, that would make the district look like this

Bridgeport 4-1
Little Elm 4-1
Lake Worth 3-2
Decatur 3-2

and if that were to happen then Decatur would of had to have lost to Lake Worth, thus breaking the tie breaker and eliminating them from the playoffs...

get it??

Keith.....most likely playoff scenario for District 7:

D1=Decatur (District Champ)
D2(1)= Bridgeport
D2(2)= Winner of Castleberry/Little Elm Nov. 5

Anybody, except maybe Decatur, could lose at least 1 of their remaining District games.

Keith7
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Keith.....most likely playoff scenario for District 7:

D1=Decatur (District Champ)
D2(1)= Bridgeport
D2(2)= Winner of Castleberry/Little Elm Nov. 5

Anybody, except maybe Decatur, could lose at least 1 of their remaining District games.

but technically Decatur can still miss the playoffs right??

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 10:28 PM
what if: ip loses to hirschi, graham loses to Vernon
ip beats graham, breck beats vernon

3 way tie for 2nd. this district uses a screwed up tie-breaker. I think it goes like this: can get up to 14 points credit for a win by 14 or more. graham and ip already own 14 point wins over breck. but all district games are counted. not just head to head. I think anyway. the tiebreaker is kinda squirelly. I do know that as of right now the only thing for sure is Hirschi is out of the hunt. Breck is on the outside looking in needing serious help. Ip has 1 loss but owns a head to head with Breck by 14. Graham and Vernon are looking pretty good. One of those three teams has to lose out for Breck to get in. That ain't happening.

Keith7
10-25-2004, 10:32 PM
what if: ip loses to hirschi, graham loses to Vernon
ip beats graham, breck beats vernon

3 way tie for 2nd. this district uses a screwed up tie-breaker. I think it goes like this: can get up to 14 points credit for a win by 14 or more. graham and ip already own 14 point wins over breck. but all district games are counted. not just head to head. I think anyway. the tiebreaker is kinda squirelly. I do know that as of right now the only thing for sure is Hirschi is out of the hunt. Breck is on the outside looking in needing serious help. Ip has 1 loss but owns a head to head with Breck by 14. Graham and Vernon are looking pretty good. One of those three teams has to lose out for Breck to get in. That ain't happening.

wow i'll take graham off the list just for you thinking up such a wild scenario

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
LOL. :D I know it is crazy but, you said mathmatically. Realistically and mathmatically ar two entirely seperate entities. Breck must beat Vernon for any scenario to happen of course and like I said, Vernon will eat Breck up.

Keith7
10-25-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL. :D I know it is crazy but, you said mathmatically. Realistically and mathmatically ar two entirely seperate entities. Breck must beat Vernon for any scenario to happen of course and like I said, Vernon will eat Breck up.

i know and you are right.. i just didnt think about Hirshi ever beating anybody

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Hirschi is pretty bad. But, Any given Friday.

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2004, 10:54 PM
does anyone have hirschi's record for the last 5 years?

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2004, 10:57 PM
I just found it. Since 1998 they are 29-38. That's not counting this year. They have won more than I thought.

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 10:59 PM
4 and 5 years ago they were decent. Last 3 terrible. I think they are 0 for last 19. must beat IP to stop that run. won't happen. maybe next year.

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2004, 11:00 PM
in 98 they were 8-6 and 99 they 9-3, after that they started losing, and still haven't stopped.

Bullaholic
10-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Keith, I admire your courage in trying to discuss the playoff picture. You can, and did, provide a list of teams which have clinched a playoff spot. Beyond that, the best you can do is make a 'best guess" projection for the rest based on probability. After that, with 2 district games remaining, the discussion would get into "possibilites" and there are still too many variables to be able to list those for all 31 districts.

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 11:04 PM
yea Keith, You da man!!!! I hold you in the highest esteem.:clap:

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2004, 11:06 PM
yea Keith, You da man!!!! I hold you in the highest esteem.:clap:

I thought that spot was reserved for me.:D :D

GreenMonster
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I'll give you some credit too....... Later. LOL. No, really you da man as well.:cool:

Underwater Basketweaver
10-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

Bridgeport 4-1
Little Elm 4-1
Lake Worth 3-2
Decatur 3-2

get it??

Keith, you are not completely wrong, but partially on this one. Being as Lake Worth and Bridgeport play each other this week, one of them must lose. You are correct however that Decatur has not clinched a playoff spot. If all of what you said were to happen (excluding LW and BP winning out), there could be a tie, and it would come down to point spreads and stuff.

scrub c
10-26-2004, 07:40 AM
25 AAA West Columbia (D1)
runner-up TBA
third TBA

26 AAA Cuero (D1)
runner-up TBA
third TBA

SoulTaker_IP
10-26-2004, 08:45 AM
If iowa park beats hirschi they clinch a spot, but thats this friday, so

scrub c
10-26-2004, 09:26 AM
did i mention WEST COLUMBIA

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2004, 09:38 AM
I believe Ingleside has clinched. . . but im not sure. . .

K-ville BBAll 20
10-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Kirbyville!!!

Keith7
10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
ttt to compete