PDA

View Full Version : Huffman Vs. Liberty

RBARKER
10-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey all you Huffman and Liberty Fans what do you think about this game? Liberty Lost to Cleveland last week after they detroyed their first two district foes. Huffman still riding high undefeated in district. I think this wil be a good game in fact I'm skipping out on BH this week to go watch it. I got a question though, If Liberty were to win and then BH beat Liberty The following week would Huffman and BH be Co Champs? and if Liberty were to beat Huffman and BH would Liberty and Huffman be Co Champs?

jason
10-25-2004, 03:00 PM
they could be co-champs, or if the district has some preset rules to break a district tie then i guess that would go into effect....as far as playoffs go, it doesnt matter how they finish, just 1 big and 2 small schools, from the top 3....

falcons79
10-25-2004, 03:09 PM
It won't matter because Huffman is going undefeated...Our boys came to BH ready to play, and they are going to Liberty the same way. The game against Cleveland will be our last district game and it will be at home. If you think Huffman made some noise in BH wait until this game, knowing if we win we take district undefeated, the stands will be a rockin.

falcons79
10-25-2004, 03:11 PM
RBARKER,

Who is BH playing this week?

EAGLETOWN
10-25-2004, 03:54 PM
IMHO Liberty and Cleveland shoud be tough contests for the Falcons.

I'll take Liberty and Cleveland over Huffman.

Liberty, well you cant' count out the District Champs.

Pending a lot of turnovers Cleveland and BH could have been a close one.

Their back had around 180 yards against BH in the loss.

If Cleveland can hold on to the ball they will win, just like againt Liberty.

And RB they have gone by point spreads in the past to decide district.

falcons79
10-25-2004, 03:57 PM
I bet you would take anybody over Huffman...Liberty has won against Splendora and Tarkington, not alot of competion. As far as Cleveland our running back has run for over 200 yards in most games, don't think this one's a problem either...

EAGLETOWN
10-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Win a district championship and then, and maybe only then would I pick Huffman over most teams in our District.

Liberty has, and always does have a good team.

If you want to look at Tarkington and Splendora look at the scores not the "W"

They beat Tarkington and Splendora as handlely as Huffman did.

You must have missed my point, your from Huffman, Oh I get it now.

Let me explain it to YA.

HE RAN FOR 180 YARDS IN THE LOSS, hence he is a good back that should not be taken lightly.

He ran for most of that in the second half.

Had Cleveland not had so many turn overs they might have also beat BH.

Kind of like Huffman beat BH, take away the turn overs well you know.

Good game Huffman you will desreve the title IF YOU CAN WIN OUT.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

falcons79
10-25-2004, 05:18 PM
HE HE HE....Sounds like sour grapes...

pantherpop
10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
This game may get quite ugly. With all this size that Huffman has I believe they could really dominate us. Any team that we have played this season that has some big boys on the line has just physically whipped us. I don't see Liberty having any size for at least 2 more seasons. I guess this happens to small schools.

RBARKER
10-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by falcons79
RBARKER,

Who is BH playing this week?

Tarkington. Hey 79 I'm going to yalls game so come say hi. I wont be hard to miss I will be with a group wearing BH hats and shirts. We should stick out in all of that red LOL. Oh and by the way yall still got lucky :D

Panther Ross
10-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Our practices are highly intense with our focus very strong. I watched film over these HUGE linemen and like I thought they weren't the quickest fellows alive. They have a strong running game. We still know we can be apart of the District Champs and have forgotten about Cleveland. Cleveland just now got two new defensive linemen who are GOOD. The one I went against was over 300 lbs! Big kid great athlete with good composure. He is from North Carolina and is a good athlete.

Hupernikomen
10-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

If you want to look at Tarkington and Splendora look at the scores not the "W"....

Does this mean that Tarkington has a chance against BH since we beat Cleveland and Cleveland only had one turnover, and by your own admition you could have been beaten by Cleveland if they didn't have the turnovers. Well they didn't against us and we beat them. Is that what you mean by look at the scores and not the "W" because it doesn't quite add up? Not saying we will beat you guys but trying to understand your logic of why Cleveland had a shot to beat you guys but you have to look at "W" for Tarkington.

Just curious.

EAGLETOWN
10-26-2004, 06:54 AM
No it does not quite add up.

I don't understand it either.

Some things just happen. :doh:

Kinda like Tarkington beating Cleveland and Huffman beating BH,
FLUKES.

Naw just playin.

I think the Indians are a much better team than they were early on.

Tarkington may have progressed also, but by looking at their last few games it does not appear to be happining.

In most situations the team with the least amout of turnovers win, and I repeat, in most situations the team with the least amout of turnovers win.

So yes Tarkington could possibly beat the Hill if they turn the ball over just like they did against Huffman.

Man that would be worst than losing to Huffman.

Things that make you go :foul:

My point is it is awefull hard to score with out the ball no matter who you are.

You put it on the ground and in most situations you lose.

scrub c
10-26-2004, 07:51 AM
huffman rolls in this one......

they need to get all they can before WOS comes to town.

falcons79
10-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Our practices are highly intense with our focus very strong. I watched film over these HUGE linemen and like I thought they weren't the quickest fellows alive. They have a strong running game. We still know we can be apart of the District Champs and have forgotten about Cleveland. Cleveland just now got two new defensive linemen who are GOOD. The one I went against was over 300 lbs! Big kid great athlete with good composure. He is from North Carolina and is a good athlete.

Our biggest linemen is 6'7" and about 325 he runs a 5.2, don't think our line is that slow. As every college that has talked to us, the one thing they all say is, " don't care how fast a linemen can run because his job is over after the first ten yards". I do think liberty is going to be a good game, but huffman will come out on top.

Jody
10-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Does this mean that Tarkington has a chance against BH since we beat Cleveland and Cleveland only had one turnover, and by your own admition you could have been beaten by Cleveland if they didn't have the turnovers. Well they didn't against us and we beat them. Is that what you mean by look at the scores and not the "W" because it doesn't quite add up? Not saying we will beat you guys but trying to understand your logic of why Cleveland had a shot to beat you guys but you have to look
at "W" for Tarkington.

Just curious.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to look at Tarkington and Splendora look at the scores not the "W"....

He's on crack (EAGLETOWN that is....sorry guys...LOL)

The fact that than ran 180 yards on BH might have had somehting to do with us not playing our starters in the entire second half and letting just about anyone play anywhere they wanted. This is the only reason they even scored.......

I hardly doubt Huffman will have any problem with anyone else in district, particuarely Liberty.

Now I would certainly welcome and state champ Huffman DivI vs. BH Div II rematch....... I don;t think Huffman will get as far as BH, as we just played awful the week of the loss.

EAGLETOWN
10-26-2004, 03:20 PM
:doh:I don't know what game you were watching jody, but in the game I was watching we took our starters out on the offensive side of the ball at the start of the 2nd half, but most of the defensive players stayed in till the middle of the 4th. :doh:

What do you think RB has jody lost his mind or what.

I think he needs to go back to "TIME OUT"!!

Oh that's right you could have been distracted by Marc and his schanagins during the game. :clap:

sahen
10-26-2004, 04:15 PM
it looks liek liberty is gonna get walloped by huffman and the hill....first time they dont make the playoffs in forever...

Eagles52
10-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Falcons79 I am getting so very tired of your trying to chalk everything up to "sour grapes"...you guys outplayed us and deserved the win...but do you think that your team would have won if we dont turn the ball over...you guys were the best team that night (which is all that really matters), but when people are saying the turnovers are the reason for the loss, it has nothing to do with "sour grapes", that is just simply the fact...congratulations on the win and I cant see you guys not winning out, but try not to sound so arrogant that your ignorance is given away

pantherpop
10-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Our biggest linemen is 6'7" and about 325 he runs a 5.2, don't think our line is that slow. As every college that has talked to us, the one thing they all say is, " don't care how fast a linemen can run because his job is over after the first ten yards". I do think liberty is going to be a good game, but huffman will come out on top.

Our biggest lineman is about 5'11 and about 235. Our smallest is about 170. Like I said, it may be a long night.

pantherpop
10-26-2004, 09:26 PM
We may be small but we're slow!!

Jody
10-27-2004, 06:26 AM
:doh:I don't know what game you were watching jody, but in the game I was watching we took our starters out on the offensive side of the ball at the start of the 2nd half, but most of the defensive players stayed in till the middle of the 4th. :doh:

What do you think RB has jody lost his mind or what.

I think he needs to go back to "TIME OUT"!!

Oh that's right you could have been distracted by Marc and his schanagins during the game. :clap:

I can't beleive you would think Marc is a distraction.....LOL Ok....maybe just a bit.

Cleveland was bad. Very bad. The score should have been 90 to 0, but Price sucks too.

EAGLETOWN
10-27-2004, 07:07 AM
:doh: Jody!

scrub c
10-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Our biggest linemen is 6'7" and about 325 he runs a 5.2, don't think our line is that slow.
WOW

that is a large child......

falcons79
10-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Falcons79 I am getting so very tired of your trying to chalk everything up to "sour grapes"...you guys outplayed us and deserved the win...but do you think that your team would have won if we dont turn the ball over...you guys were the best team that night (which is all that really matters), but when people are saying the turnovers are the reason for the loss, it has nothing to do with "sour grapes", that is just simply the fact...congratulations on the win and I cant see you guys not winning out, but try not to sound so arrogant that your ignorance is given away

It's not a matter of being arrogant, all we've heard since you lost is a bunch of excuses. The fact is Huffman did not have a perfect game either, the score should have been higher. One thing I can say about our boys, if they had lost, they would have taken it with class and not tore each other apart about it. They win as a team and they lose as a team.

falcons79
10-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Also you can keep bring up the 3 turnovers, but look at the stats in the Chronicle. Our stats are as good or better in most part then BH. You can keep blaming everything and everyone, but the numbers don't lie.

shellman54
10-27-2004, 10:13 AM
is everyone done now? good, glad to hear it. BH has Tarkington this week, Huffman has LIberty. Good luck to both teams.

falcons79
10-27-2004, 10:23 AM
I am done, I am getting tired of discussing this for almost two weeks, its time to move on. Good luck to all teams this week...

Panther Ross
10-27-2004, 10:26 AM

They may have speed, but the thing is they aren't as quick off the line as I thought they were going to be.

Panther Ross
10-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Our biggest lineman is about 5'11 and about 235. Our smallest is about 170. Like I said, it may be a long night.

Actually I weigh more than Brian Beene our center and taller to.

Jody
10-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Beat them then.....hahahaha

EAGLETOWN
10-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Liberty will. :clap:

falcons79
10-27-2004, 01:23 PM
I will just say what the teams slogan is for this week "give me liberty or give me death.."

EAGLETOWN
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Huffman might have a rough time playing Cleveland if the whole team dies after the game Friday night don't you think.

Or maybe...... they really don't die in the physical just their football spirt dies.

Yeah... that would be a lot better I would hate to read about the entire team having died afer losing the Panthers.

Man can you imagine, that would be terrible.

Its going to bad enough just to lose to Liberty much less the whole team dies too.

I wonder what kind of slogan they are going to come up with to play Cleveland.

What will they have left after leaving it all on the field against Liberty?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

falcons79
10-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Why are you such a huffman hater? Is it just because you lost to us? Last year when BH won we didn't spend two weeks bashing you, I think you need to worry about your own team.

Jody
10-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Huffman might have a rough time playing Cleveland if the whole team dies after the game Friday night don't you think.

Or maybe...... they really don't die in the physical just their football spirt dies.

Yeah... that would be a lot better I would hate to read about the entire team having died afer losing the Panthers.

Man can you imagine, that would be terrible.

Its going to bad enough just to lose to Liberty much less the whole team dies too.

I wonder what kind of slogan they are going to come up with to play Cleveland.

What will they have left after leaving it all on the field against Liberty?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You should ride with me more often to the games, I am sure some of my political correctness will rub off on you. Bashing them poor Falcons like this.....:D

Don't you know? They can't help it...........they are crambed between New Caney and Barrett Station....... :eek:

Just kidding their Falcon.......your guys kicked our butt!

sahen
10-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Liberty would be considered bad arse if they beat Huffman up that badly...but yah...that isnt gonna happen since i think we r supposed to make predictions i say
Huffman: 33 (2 missed PATs)
Liberty: 13 (1 missed PAT)

falcons79
10-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Ha Ha and Baytown and Dayton are so much better...just kidding:thinking: As far as Cleveland, we are not counting anybody out, our boys go out every week ready to play hard. All we have heard all year is Huffman won't be able to do anything with out our rb crew, well I think we showed that wasn't true, there will always be non believers and that is fine it just makes the win that much sweeter..

Jody
10-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I am just waiting on that round two playoff game against Jasper. That is a team I hope we take to the wood-shed. I am not looking past round one, as Anahuac is our likely oponent, but we have already tore their *** up once and will gladely do it again.

If we keep our back-up QB in the game and we use our starter QB in a back-up running capacity behind Clay McWilliams.....boy look out....... Going to be tough to beat.

falcons79
10-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I have no doubt you all will take Anahuac..the funny thing is when we get to the playoffs, huffman will actually be rooting for you guys, as long as we don't have to play you.

panther_pride_04
10-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Post deleted......clean up your act!!!!

falcons79
10-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by panther_pride_04
I deleted the above post, so I am also deleting the quote.

~ Ranger Mom

I don't know where you heard he was 6'4" at the beginning of the season, he hasn't been that since he was a freshmen. I won't get in a sparing match with you, good luck on friday. By the way classy post...

sahen
10-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Ha Ha and Baytown and Dayton are so much better...just kidding:thinking: As far as Cleveland, we are not counting anybody out, our boys go out every week ready to play hard. All we have heard all year is Huffman won't be able to do anything with out our rb crew, well I think we showed that wasn't true, there will always be non believers and that is fine it just makes the win that much sweeter..

im so confused....when did baytown and dayton get into the picture here??

falcons79
10-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Jody
You should ride with me more often to the games, I am sure some of my political correctness will rub off on you. Bashing them poor Falcons like this.....:D

Don't you know? They can't help it...........they are crambed between New Caney and Barrett Station....... :eek:

Just kidding their Falcon.......your guys kicked our butt!

Jody mentioned huffman being crambed between new caney and barrett station, we were just joking...

sahen
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM
oo ok i see now....thanks for clearing that up

LPMMAFIA#2
10-27-2004, 08:43 PM
if u think the job is over in 10 yards thin u will have a mudd hole stompted in the middle of your backs, reciever and your quarterbackby the hard hitting defense that liberty has

Panther Ross
10-27-2004, 09:01 PM
I will just say what the teams slogan is for this week "give me liberty or give me death.."

Ours 24/7 is we bust ours to kick yours

Panther Ross
10-27-2004, 10:25 PM
POST DELETED

Whats up man? Looking forward to the game.

Hupernikomen
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Cleveland has the athletes to play with Huffman.

AggieJohn
10-28-2004, 01:35 AM
It's not a matter of being arrogant, all we've heard since you lost is a bunch of excuses. The fact is Huffman did not have a perfect game either, the score should have been higher. One thing I can say about our boys, if they had lost, they would have taken it with class and not tore each other apart about it. They win as a team and they lose as a team.

huffman? take a loss with class? :rolleyes:

Jody
10-28-2004, 06:11 AM
POST DELETED

Leave it up to someone from Liberty to use vulgar remarks.......LOL. I have news for you, Liberty sucks! Huffman, who I am no big fan of now, will absolutely beat the crap out of Liberty, as will BH come Nov 5th. Get back to your trott lines and crack pipe........

EAGLETOWN
10-28-2004, 07:00 AM
Why are you such a huffman hater? Is it just because you lost to us? Last year when BH won we didn't spend two weeks bashing you, I think you need to worry about your own team.

Yes I am A hater.

I have always been a Huffman hater.

I will always be a Huffman hater.

But it is not just against Huffman, I am a Liberty hater, an Anahuac hater and a Hamphsire Fannett hater also.

Don't take it to personal.

Its only because we are rilvaries.

I know good folks in all of these towns.

If it make any sense I will be at Huffmans game Friday night, sitting on Huffmans side, and cheering for Liberty. :clap:

Only because I think its is going to be a better game than ours, and if Huffman loses either of their last two games we still win district if we beat Liberty.

I think you would do the same for you team, or I hope you would.

If you are a true fan.

I just love to talk smack win or lose.

:thumbsup: I'll see ya there. :thumbsup:

:cheerl: Go Liberty and Cleveland!! :cheerl:

Jody
10-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Yes I am A hater.

I have always been a Huffman hater.

I will always be a Huffman hater.

But it is not just against Huffman, I am a Liberty hater, an Anahuac hater and a Hamphsire Fannett hater also.

Don't take it to personal.

Its only because we are rilvaries.

I know good folks in all of these towns.

If it make any sense I will be at Huffmans game Friday night, sitting on Huffmans side, and cheering for Liberty. :clap:

Only because I think its is going to be a better game than ours, and if Huffman loses either of their last two games we still win district if we beat Liberty.

I think you would do the same for you team, or I hope you would.

If you are a true fan.

I just love to talk smack win or lose.

:thumbsup: I'll see ya there. :thumbsup:

:cheerl: Go Liberty and Cleveland!! :cheerl:

Hey now....you forgot to hate WOS and Jasper. Heck, throw in Silsbee and Bridge City. You know what......I hate all thee A teams except BH....LOL

Panther Ross
10-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Man I always had alot of respect for BH. Never had any problems when I faced them but this is the first I have ever heard such hate for a school.

Hupernikomen
10-28-2004, 12:03 PM
everything is all cordial when they win, but it is through adversity that a person's true colors will shine through. It is easy to win with class, but even BHill teenagers don't like to lose and say things out of anger when they lose.

BH will be just fine and will get back to taking care of their business on the field.

BlueBlood
10-28-2004, 12:22 PM
I love liberty and huffman so much, i hope they both win.

Panther Ross
10-28-2004, 04:45 PM
everything is all cordial when they win, but it is through adversity that a person's true colors will shine through. It is easy to win with class, but even BHill teenagers don't like to lose and say things out of anger when they lose.

BH will be just fine and will get back to taking care of their business on the field.

You are right BH are great people. Never had any problems with them. Even when they are winning big they do not say a word. Great discipline.

AggieJohn
10-28-2004, 04:56 PM

wow that is so true

EAGLETOWN
10-28-2004, 05:17 PM

If you really want to know and if you don't I'll tell you anyway.

If we would have won I would still be a hater.

All it would have taken is someone to ask and Falcon79 did.

Why I, we were haters.

He asked and I told him.

This is one reason why I get on here.

Its just plain fun.

It just so happens we win more than we lose so we don't get to rag as much.

Falcon just keeps coming back and so do I.

Every time I see one of Falcons post I can't wait to get at him.

It was the same with Jet Back.

Where he go! :thinking:

Thanks for the entertainment Falcon I hope I have entertained you also.

Good luke the next two weeks.

I hope all is safe during travel and the game.

Still hope you lose though.

I'll see ya Friday!

:clap: Oh and GO LIBERTY AND CLEVELAND. :clap:

AggieJohn
10-28-2004, 06:39 PM
wow someone likes the return button

Jody
10-29-2004, 06:40 AM

Hey there my friend. I got that BH shirt ready for you. Looks like we might see you in the play-off soon. Are you still up for the shirt swap bet?

EAGLETOWN
10-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
wow someone likes the return button

I got bad eyes.

I like to space it out so I can see it better.

:p :p :p

Hupernikomen
10-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Hey there my friend. I got that BH shirt ready for you. Looks like we might see you in the play-off soon. Are you still up for the shirt swap bet?

I am too cheap to buy a Jasper shirt but I have a Tarkington one that I will bring and give to you if Jasper wins...close enough to the same colors :)

Jody
10-29-2004, 09:29 AM
I am too cheap to buy a Jasper shirt but I have a Tarkington one that I will bring and give to you if Jasper wins...close enough to the same colors :)

Now you know I was the only guy who stepped up a few weeks ago and said good things about Tarkington. I tell you what, I will buy the Jasper shirt if we get to that point.

So, what is your BH vs. Tarkington prediction for tonight?

falcons79
10-29-2004, 09:53 AM
If you really want to know and if you don't I'll tell you anyway.

If we would have won I would still be a hater.

All it would have taken is someone to ask and Falcon79 did.

Why I, we were haters.

He asked and I told him.

This is one reason why I get on here.

Its just plain fun.

It just so happens we win more than we lose so we don't get to rag as much.

Falcon just keeps coming back and so do I.

Every time I see one of Falcons post I can't wait to get at him.

It was the same with Jet Back.

Where he go! :thinking:

Thanks for the entertainment Falcon I hope I have entertained you also.

Good luke the next two weeks.

I hope all is safe during travel and the game.

Still hope you lose though.

I'll see ya Friday!

I have no problems with you, except maybe that you assume I am a man, which is wrong. You can trash talk me all you want I can take it, but when it comes to my boys, I will still defend them till the end. Look forward to seeing you tonight, you can yell for liberty all you want cause we are going to make so much noise nobody will hear you anyway...

:clap: Oh and GO LIBERTY AND CLEVELAND. :clap:

EAGLETOWN
10-29-2004, 12:03 PM
I am not much of a yeller besides I don't like Liberty either remember.

But I do like a good game and I hope it is one.

P.S. Hope yall lose, and good luck.

:D HEE HEE HEE HEE.:D