PDA

View Full Version : Hempstead vs. Bellville

Bellville22
10-25-2004, 01:34 PM
The Bobcats come to Bellville with a much better squad than teams are used to seeing. A Bellville win would greatly help their chances to make the playoffs, and would put Sealy in a tough situation.

CheerMom
10-25-2004, 02:39 PM
If the Brahmas continue to play as they have been, I don't see them having a problem beating this team. Good Luck and play safe!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rhs78
10-25-2004, 07:02 PM
bellville should win this game big. hempstead did not show much of any thing against rice last week. everyone has said they have improved. i havent seen it. bellville-42 hempstead-6

BrahmaMom
10-26-2004, 09:53 AM
We play the game to see who wins. The Brahmas try not to take any team/win for granted. Chancellor has taught them "One game at a time"--a great philosphy. Good luck, Brahmas. Here's hoping for an injury-free game.

scrub c
10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
hempstead, up and down, one has to
wonder if grades got them?

Bellville22
10-26-2004, 06:32 PM
After losing a thriller last week to Navasota, Bellville is still in good shape to make the playoffs in D20. This week, however, is basically a must win for the Brahmas, because they simply cannot afford to get in a situation where they have to go into The Swamp next week and beat Rice. Hempstead is still hanging by a thread in the playoff picture, but they need to win at Bellville this week, win next week, and get a little help.

This Bellville team showed all kinds of heart and fight last week as they left everything they had on the field vs. the Rattlers, a game in which virtually no one gave them a chance. They've continued to impove, and I'm proud of the way they've come together. I criticized the defense all year, and although they couldn't find an answer for Smith, they showed me that they were giving it their all, and gained my respect.

I look for them to bounce back this week and take care of business at the Pasture Friday night. Hempstead is stronger than they have been in previous years. They have athletes and can make some things happen. From what I hear, though, most of their kids go both ways, and simply run out of gas in the 2nd half. Bellville is deep in the athlete dept., so I look for this to once again be the case this week, but Bellville to wear them down late.

Both teams have guys that can make plays on offense, so there should be some exciting points in this game. The team who wins will be the team who can limit the big plays of the other. It's crunch time in D20, so I hope that the stands are packed behind the Brahmas Friday night, I'm confident they'll take care of Hempstead and continue on that path to the playoffs.

Bellville 34
Hempstead 20

cunbed10
10-27-2004, 08:19 AM
To much Tradition in Bellville, U guys will take care of business as always, winning is contageous.

BrahmaMom
10-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Go Brahmas! The team has pulled together and, barring injuries, should be able to get the job done this week. The seniors have stepped up, the younger guys have quit being dazed by the Friday Night Lights and it's down to business for the Bulls. I like your prediction, 22, hope it comes to pass. GO BULLS!!

Goldenstick
10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
I think some grades got them! (Hempstead)

Crossblock3tech
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
The Bobcats have all kinds of atheletes, but have been unable to put it together. They can be very dangerous. Their backfield is the district champion sprint relay team. Team wise, they are no contest to the Bulls. This should be an easy win fo Bellville. The 2nd team ought to get lots of reps and be able to rest up for Rice for the district championship.

Bull's-eye
10-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know the status of the injured Bellville players?

punt
10-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Grades didn't hurt Hempstead but they have their thin ranks thinner because of some injuries. Bellville should not have a problem winning this game. Hempstead has scored some points on teams they didn't score against last year. They are probably a year at least away from being competitive in D-20.

Bellville22
10-28-2004, 03:15 PM
'Bulls-Eye', whatcha got for a score? I'll be heading to Whitewright this weekend with my roommate, but I'll keep up with the game via the cell.

Bull's-eye
10-28-2004, 05:23 PM
This could be a difficult game emotionally for the Brahmas. Last week's "barn-burner" and the upcoming Rice game, may have the Bulls a little flat or looking ahead. Bellville coaches must do their best to keep this team concentrating on Hempstead. As 22 posted, this is a must win for the Brahmas.
Hempstead has great speed, so the Brahmas must wrap up on defense. I look for the Bellville offense to keep the ball on the ground and eventually wear out the smaller Hempstead squad.

Bellville 38
Hempstead 17