PDA

View Full Version : District 20 Playoff Predictions

blue3
10-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Who's gonna go D1, D2....who's gonna win it?

Bellville22
10-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Here are the current standings, remaining games, and a quick note on the scenario for each team, 5 teams with a legit shot to get in...

Rice: 3-0 (@ Sealy; vs. Bellville) Sittin' pretty, but haven't clinched just yet. Two tough games to go.

Navasota: 2-1 (@ Columbus; vs. Sealy) Largest school in the district, and should represent in DI. Big game the final week, as a loss to Sealy could make things very interesting throughout the district. (Currently own tie-breaker over Bellville)

Bellville: 2-1 (vs. Hempstead; @ Rice) Currently in a solid position to grab the 3rd spot. Basically a must win Friday, because going to Rice in the final week will be no easy task. (Currently own tie-breaker over Sealy)

Sealy: 2-1 (vs. Rice; @ Navasota) The loss to Bellville put Sealy in a position where they must win one of the two against the district powers. Beating Rice anywhere, and going into the "Pit" to beat Navasota will not be easy, however Sealy's D matches up as well as anyone against both of these teams. The Tigers aren't done yet.

Hempstead: 0-3 (@ Bellville; vs. Columbus) Must win their remaining 2 games to stay in contention. This is an improved team, with great athletes, so that's not out of the question, but it will be a tough task @ Bellville this week.

Columbus: 0-3 (vs. Navasota; @ Hempstead) Mathamatically alive, but realistically out of the picture. The tough run continues for the Cardinals.

Barring any upsets, Rice, Navasota*, and Bellville would go to the playoffs. This district, however, is still wide open. Sealy has the best chance to knock one of those 3 out if they can upset Rice or Navasota. A very interesting final 2 weeks looms, should be fun

coiled2strike
10-25-2004, 01:59 PM
well written as always 22,
the only thing is that navasota would represent DI

Bellville22
10-25-2004, 02:29 PM
my bad, i'll edit, thanks 'coiled'

Bull's-eye
10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
A Sealy upset of Rice could cause a 4 way tie for first. Rice, Navasota, Bellville and Sealy could all end up 3-1, with one game to play. I don't see this happening, but you never know! One thing for sure, nothing will be decided until the regular season has ended.

Rice can win first by winning out.

Navasota can win first by winning out and Rice losing to Sealy and Bellville

Bellville can win first by winning out and Navasota losing one more time.

Sealy can win first by winning out and Bellville losing one more time.

:thinking: I think this is right, 22 and coiledstrike let me know if I'm not.

Bellville22
10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
ttt

strike hard
10-26-2004, 03:58 PM
All I know is that these next two weeks are gona be exciting. Good luck to all the teams in D20, and hope everyone stays injury free.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Anyone of the top 4 teams could win the district championship or not even make the play-offs.:thinking: