PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Shepherd

Hupernikomen
10-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Who is going? I should be there. Good visiting with J_dog and JDog94 at the ColdCity game. Was hoping to meet Dawgmom and some of the other Jasper posters.

This is a big game for the Dogs. Win and we are in. Lose and we in trouble. I been watching Shepherd for the last seven years being in their old district and there has never been a year that they should have been able to compete with Jasper. Honestly, this year should be no different, but with what happened against Kirbyville I don't want to take Shepherd for granted. I have said for last few weeks that Shepherd has a good club. The QB is very poised and the running backs are tough to bring down. The defense line and LBs play the run well. The have some skilled players with speed. New coach has the kids and community excited. They know if they lose their playoff dreams are over. With the game being in Shepherd they will be excited and ready to play. If we hear a lot of bells ringing we are in trouble (quite a few of their fans have them).

Good luck to both teams and hope to see the rest of you dawg fans at the game.

spiveyrat
10-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Go DAWGS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

southern_thunder
10-25-2004, 08:47 AM
After what happened with kville I am not making any predictions but Jasper should win this one.

JasperDog94
10-25-2004, 09:26 AM
I'll be there. After all, it's only a 30 minute drive for me.:D

Hupernikomen
10-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
After what happened with kville I am not making any predictions but Jasper should win this one.

Is that a prediction?

shortbag33
10-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Jasper will win this one. Shepherd will be rolling out the basketballs shortly. Kirbyville and Silsbee will be the game of the week.

BlueBlood
10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Jasper in a blow out. Shepherd runs out of steam.

Bulldog_12
10-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Im saying nothing. Last time I had Jasper winning by 114. Im not gonna say anythin. Unless provoked of course.:D

j_dog
10-25-2004, 09:05 PM
I will be there! :) Jasper by ........... enough to win! :)

lilt1506
10-25-2004, 09:41 PM
I think Shepherd is going to win they are a better team than people think

Whiskers
10-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Im sure Shepard is a good team, but I don't see them beating the Dawgs. As long as Jasper comes with their A-game and everyone healthy, they should come out big in this one.

lilt1506
10-25-2004, 10:45 PM
I think Jasper is going to be overconfident like they were against Kville

JasperDog94
10-25-2004, 11:03 PM
I think that you just don't like Jasper.:)

JHS_c/o_06'
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Jasper will win by a few...umm...i say 3 td's. We will have a few more ppl back in the game, Weatherspoon will be back....i talk to him every day....it hurts him not being out there....he's very hungry...and Shepherd is the game back. Malone will be back in the swing of things fully...even though it looks like he never missed a beat...Gilder will be at 100%....that can NEVER hurt you...Patton won't be back till the first round of playoffs...but at the coldspring game....our QB showed for the first time i think since he's played on varsity that he can throw the football (not that there was any doubt..cause ive seen him in practice...but his first big chance). They called one play and it was about an 80 yard TD pass in the endzone to Gilder. Kirbyville was a wakeup call, we are pissed and we are ready to fight to get to week 16. But we'll see how it goes.

j_dog
10-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by lilt1506
I think Jasper is going to be overconfident like they were against Kville
And overconfident like they were against Coldsprings, Buna, Bridge City, Newton, Central and WOS? Jasper may lose the game, Shepherd is tough as you say. But it will not be because Jasper is not focused on this game! If Jasper wins, they are in the playoffs; lose and it is then a maybe to make the playoffs. I think Shepherd is going to be in for the toughest game they have seen all year. :) I can hardly wait! :)

Hupernikomen
10-25-2004, 11:52 PM
don't let lilt rile you up..his last 10 post has been that Shepherd will be Jasper I bet he is no where to be found come saturday morning and the dust settles on this game.

lilt1506
10-26-2004, 12:50 AM
will I or will u be

southern_thunder
10-26-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Is that a prediction?

Well I wont make a numerical prediction!! :D

sphinx-1906
10-26-2004, 08:42 AM
I am afraid that Shepherd will finally realize what Jasper can do to a team when they are firing on all cylinders. Kirbyville didn't hurt more than they helped. Jasper is fixin to open a 55 gallon can of whip-butt. I am afraid that Shepherd has got some false hope because of their score against Kirbyville. Shepherd had better get ready for for a Jasper team that is going to prove a point.

Wildcat81
10-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by sphinx-1906
I am afraid that Shepherd will finally realize what Jasper can do to a team when they are firing on all cylinders. Kirbyville didn't hurt more than they helped. Jasper is fixin to open a 55 gallon can of whip-butt. I am afraid that Shepherd has got some false hope because of their score against Kirbyville. Shepherd had better get ready for for a Jasper team that is going to prove a point.

I agree with that.:D :D :clap: :clap:

shortbag33
10-26-2004, 08:52 AM
There is a train a cummin and the Shepherd Pirates are on the tracks.

sphinx-1906
10-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat81
I agree with that.:D :D :clap: :clap:

I got ya wildcat

K-ville BBAll 20
10-26-2004, 10:32 AM
So what!!!

Kirbyville vs. Silsbee

southern_thunder
10-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by K-ville BBAll 20
So what!!!

Kirbyville vs. Silsbee

Silsbee by 2 td's

whatusay2
10-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Jasper will win by a few...umm...i say 3 td's. We will have a few more ppl back in the game, Weatherspoon will be back....i talk to him every day....it hurts him not being out there....he's very hungry...and Shepherd is the game back. Malone will be back in the swing of things fully...even though it looks like he never missed a beat...Gilder will be at 100%....that can NEVER hurt you...Patton won't be back till the first round of playoffs...but at the coldspring game....our QB showed for the first time i think since he's played on varsity that he can throw the football (not that there was any doubt..cause ive seen him in practice...but his first big chance). They called one play and it was about an 80 yard TD pass in the endzone to Gilder. Kirbyville was a wakeup call, we are pissed and we are ready to fight to get to week 16. But we'll see how it goes.

Play to the best of your abilities and we will be proud of you, regardless if you make to week 16 or not. I am sort of happy the lost came when it did. I believe that setbacks can propel you to big comebacks. This team has a special talent for performing above their abilities when the odds are against them. Use your district lost to propel you to bigger things--if not, then you will have gained nothing from the loss. Now get out there and play some football--we will be in the stands cheering for you!

lilt1506
10-26-2004, 08:06 PM
all yall that think i dont like Jasper that not true I just think that they think they cant lose

Port_town_texas
10-27-2004, 03:54 AM
If some of their players I knew the last 2 years wasn't so "big-headed" they would have back-to-back titles right now going for the 3rd in a row.:o

j_dog
10-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
If some of their players I knew the last 2 years wasn't so "big-headed" they would have back-to-back titles right now going for the 3rd in a row.:o
I don't think that is a fair statement to say about last year's Jasper's players. They made it back to the Semi's and lost a close game to a very good Burnet team even after many of their own fans seemed to have given up on them. Now, as for two years ago, you may have a point there.............

Bulldog_12
10-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok, I was gonna really try my best to stay out of this as best as possible, but this statement by Port-town does it. That was the most IGNORANT statement I have ever heard. Were you with the team those two years? Did you go to the practices? Did you go through all of the Great wins and Terrible loses? I don't think so. You have no place to say anything about being big headed. Last year especially was a TEAM that stuck together and came back after being unranked and made it to the semis against all odds. Never ONCE was anyone cocky. Everyone was thankful for each and every win and hoped that they could get another one. That was such a humble group of kids. You have no idea so go back to Port Arthur. And Im done.

Hupernikomen
10-27-2004, 10:54 PM

Those Burnet guys would certainly take exception to this statement. Burnet was a very talented group and it was no shame to lose to them either year IMO.

Port_town_texas
10-28-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Ok, I was gonna really try my best to stay out of this as best as possible, but this statement by Port-town does it. That was the most IGNORANT statement I have ever heard. Were you with the team those two years? Did you go to the practices? Did you go through all of the Great wins and Terrible loses? I don't think so. You have no place to say anything about being big headed. Last year especially was a TEAM that stuck together and came back after being unranked and made it to the semis against all odds. Never ONCE was anyone cocky. Everyone was thankful for each and every win and hoped that they could get another one. That was such a humble group of kids. You have no idea so go back to Port Arthur. And Im done.

Truth hurts doesn't it. The only people off of the team 2 years ago that I didn't find cocky was Ricky, Jorie, and Big Red. McQueen used to talk **** through other people and it came back to me when I would be in K'Ville.:mad: and as for talent vs. talent YES Jasper should've beat Burnet 2 years in a row. I would put my money on that.

Port_town_texas
10-28-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
I don't think that is a fair statement to say about last year's Jasper's players. They made it back to the Semi's and lost a close game to a very good Burnet team even after many of their own fans seemed to have given up on them. Now, as for two years ago, you may have a point there............. yep.

spiveyrat
10-28-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
I don't think that is a fair statement to say about last year's Jasper's players. They made it back to the Semi's and lost a close game to a very good Burnet team even after many of their own fans seemed to have given up on them. Now, as for two years ago, you may have a point there.............

I totally agree. The team from 2002 was so loaded with talent that there were probably few teams in the state in ANY classification who could beat them. The 2003 dogs lost something like 32 to graduation. That team had talent, but they had even more heart.

Bulldog_12
10-28-2004, 09:15 AM
TRUTH???? You pointed out one person who talked trash and you are stereotyping the entire team. Even IF that team was cocky, you CERTAINLY can't count last years team with them. That was NOT a cocky team.

j_dog
10-28-2004, 04:41 PM
One more day, then we will see if Jasper's usually explosive offense can solve Shepherd's very tough defense. :)

Port_town_texas
10-28-2004, 11:15 PM
They should maul Shepherd. Notice I said they SHOULD.

j_dog
10-28-2004, 11:32 PM
They should maul Shepherd. Notice I said they SHOULD.
Hope you are right, but I am sure our Shepherd friends do not share your opinion. I understand that Shepherd is good at stopping the run, and everyone knows that Jasper is a "running" team. :) I suspect that Jasper will put the ball in the air a bit like they did last week against Coldsprings. We will soon know.

Port_town_texas
10-28-2004, 11:39 PM
I heard yawls QB has an arm.. how far can he throw?

j_dog
10-29-2004, 12:02 AM
I heard yawls QB has an arm.. how far can he throw?
I don't know. Last Friday I saw him easily throw 60 yards during the game. I doubt that that is his limit by any means.

spiveyrat
10-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Go get 'em tonight, DAWGS!

j_dog
10-29-2004, 10:56 AM
This worries me. Where are the Shepherd posters? Maybe they are cooking up a secret plan. :thinking:

Hupernikomen
10-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Hope to see you there on time tonight J_Dog. Save me a spot. I am bringing my son with me...the one who took the picture with us at WO-S. We will be eating at the Plantation on 321 toward Dayton on the right in Cleveland before the game if you guys want to come by there.

JHS_c/o_06'
10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12

Nicely said Bulldog_12. No one realizes what we go/went through except us.

j_dog
10-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Hope to see you there on time tonight J_Dog. Save me a spot. I am bringing my son with me...the one who took the picture with us at WO-S. We will be eating at the Plantation on 321 toward Dayton on the right in Cleveland before the game if you guys want to come by there.
I'll look for you at the game, same plan as for Coldspring, opposite end from the band. Not going through Cleveland so will pass on that. Thanks. :)

OldSchoolBulldog
10-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I just needed to "pipe in" on this. The reason Jasper lost to Burnet in the first contest (2002) was not due to the players. That loss was due to coaching. The coaches let those guys down. They not properly scout Burnet. They did not adjust. The coaching from Jasper in that game was just incompotent!:confused:

j_dog
10-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by OldSchoolBulldog
.... The coaches let those guys down. They not properly scout Burnet. They did not adjust. ...:confused:
Old School, where you been?

I agree with you! But I think the coaches learned a lesson and have done a better job since then.