PDA

View Full Version : Will Daugherty ever start at Tech?

huarache18
10-24-2004, 09:39 PM
I have wandered that for the past year because Texas Tech has alot of good back-ups that could easily be starters at other D-1 schools. From watching Daugherty when he was in Bridgeport he was pretty awesome and racked up a couple of records. Will he ever start at Tech?

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 09:40 PM
What's his classification?

wildstangs
10-24-2004, 09:43 PM
I think Tech is loaded at QB. I expect the Ju-Co transfer or Harrell to be running that show, not PD.

huarache18
10-24-2004, 09:44 PM
He is a Red Shirted Freshmen, but I think that the competition is between Daugherty and Ennis standout Graham Harrell(true FR).

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I think Tech is loaded at QB.

They may be loaded, but it is Leach's favorite position. Honestly, they should take some of the scholarship money they're using for the 14 QB's and recruit some defensive guys - Montae Reagor/Zack Thomas type - LB's, free safety, a couple of really mean linemen.

lobo12
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
i think they should go with the jc transfer

wildstangs
10-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
i think they should go with the jc transfer

Your Sand Ags need to do something! ;)

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 10:42 PM
This is PDs Freshman year (after Redshirt last year).

Last info I had was that he was spending time running the scout team this year and would be a soph or likely junior play if he continues to progress... and one of those 14 other QBs don't make a bid... ;)

Enjoyed watching him a lot and wish him the best.

tmac
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
even though hes a bull and big rival i wish him the best and would like to see him play to see if he can cut it,if hes not 2nd string by junior year he should transfer to a smaller school that could use him like unt or rice

Chief Woodman
10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
The guy who is currently starting had to pay his dues befhind some other guy who was pretty good. I hope he gets some playing time but it may be as a JR or SR before it happens. The talent pool there is mighty deep at that position.

KTJ
10-25-2004, 11:51 AM
The way Leach's system works, he'll be starting one day. Possibly his junior or senior year.

The system keeps working for his offense, but the QB is usually the leader of the team. As long as there is a new QB every year, there will never be a "leader" on the Tech team, something they were missing this past Saturday.

lobo12
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
lol come on wildstangs no need in that

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

As long as there is a new QB every year, there will never be a "leader" on the Tech team, something they were missing this past Saturday.

cheapshot :D

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The system keeps working for his offense, but the QB is usually the leader of the team. As long as there is a new QB every year, there will never be a "leader" on the Tech team, something they were missing this past Saturday.

I agree with you 100%. (Everyone mark your calendars...:D )

Gsquared
10-25-2004, 05:29 PM
PD is good, saw him many times his JR an SR years but he will never start at Tech.

Bullaholic
10-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
PD is good, saw him many times his JR an SR years but he will never start at Tech.

Why do you say this Gsquared?

Roll'em up
10-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by tmac
even though hes a bull and big rival i wish him the best and would like to see him play to see if he can cut it,if hes not 2nd string by junior year he should transfer to a smaller school that could use him like unt or rice

tmac, you either don't watch much football or don't know much football. PD will fit well within Tech's system if he is the best man, but Rice! Rice runs an option offense, not the spread. PD was a good runner out of the spread when he needed to, but I don't really think he's the guy for the midline or veer offense.

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2004, 08:18 PM
PD is very well suited to Leach's offense... IF:

1.) He can make the transition from 3A HS Ball to the speed of Div I college.

2.) He is the best QB in a field of several who are all trying to be the man.

I wish him the best and hope he comes out on top...

(By the way... he is a very nice young man and has his head on straight... whether or not he starts or not he is well on his way to a good life.)

CHSBaseball07
10-25-2004, 08:30 PM
If they had a defense.....and could put up that many points....WATCH OUT!! lol

shsu62
10-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Tmac that is not a smart statemnet because like stated rice is an option team and even if he went there or UNT he would have to sit out a year due to NCAA rules. He would have to drop down to a 1-AA or Division II to play that next year.

tmac
10-26-2004, 10:27 AM
rollem up, i know more than you and more than u think,im naming local schools in texas that he would have a chance at,he doesnt exactly have any national attention to go to another pass happy school like hawaii and hes not gona be better than 2nd string at tech so keep on rollin to the next thread,partna

and shsu,maybe sitting out 1 year at unt and getting a shot at startin for a div.1 school might be worth it for someone who may never see the playing field for a div.1 school,especially on a team that has the talent that they have at qb.he can sit out 1 year or 4,wouldnt u take 1???? :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

2.) He is the best QB in a field of several who are all trying to be the man.

Graham Herrel (spelling)

tmac
10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
exactly harrell is a true freshman and will prob be considered over pd so he should transfer

huarache18
10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
PD has always had the talent, I can remember when he lived in Decatur and won the NFL Punt,Pass, and Kick..He should be considered over GH.

huarache18
10-26-2004, 09:00 PM
TMAC your wrong

tmac
10-28-2004, 10:22 AM
huarache im bakin like a toasted cheeser