PDA

View Full Version : SLPYBEAR WEEKLY PICK'EM -- Week #10 - Abilene Wylie vs. Snyder

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 07:44 PM
This Week's Pick 'em...

The poll heads west this week and looks for Abilene Wylie vs. Snyder...

I have had a few folks emailing in their suggestions for the weekly pick'em... I am trying to honor as many as I can and try to keep new teams on it each week. If you know of a great matchup, please PM me.

As always, polls close on Fridays.

Last Week's Pick'em...

Last week we picked the Battle of Big Sandy, Bridgeport vs. Decatur. The Eagles were able to cover the spread I threw out there... and the Slpybear wants to thank everyone for voting in his Hometown's big rivalry. The 'low was very successful, with 43 of 56 picking correctly... (76.7%) Our YTD average jumped to 62%.

2004 Season Results...

(Click on a Week to be taken to that thread...)

Week 9 - Bridgeport vs. Decatur W - 43 of 56 - 76.7% Week 9 - 62% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21164)
Week 8 - Southlake Carroll W vs. Denton Ryan - 52 of 61 - 85.2% week 8 - 60.3% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20641)
Week 7 - Cameron W vs. Caldwell - 27 of 56 - 48.2% week 7 - 56.7% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20217)
Week 6 - Graham vs. Marlin W - 36 of 62 - 58% week 6 - 58.0% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19652)
Week 5 - Cuero W vs. Sinton - 50 of 89 - 56% week 5 - 58.0% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19244)
Week 4 - Liberty Hill W vs. Manor - 34 of 53 - 64.1% week 4 - 58.8% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18803)
Week 3 - Decatur W vs. Gainesville - 31 of 58 - 53.4% week 3 - 57.1% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18430)
Week 2 - Liberty Hill vs. Burnet W - 32 of 48 - 66.6% week 2 - 59% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18151)
Week 1 - Jasper W vs. WOS - 33 of 62 - 53% week 1 - 53% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17853)

As always, I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Slpybear

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-24-2004, 07:56 PM
I have to say Wylie at least by 14

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Wylie by 10

Ranger05
10-24-2004, 09:36 PM
wylie by 21 or more

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Wylie by 17 only because Wylie gets a real big lead going into the 4th quarter and pulls some of their starters out and then Snyder racks up a few points in the 4th and will talk about how if they would played better starting in the 3rd quarter they could have won.

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-24-2004, 10:58 PM
haha good point Dre

mustang04
10-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Wylie by 17 only because Wylie gets a real big lead going into the 4th quarter and pulls some of their starters out and then Snyder racks up a few points in the 4th and will talk about how if they would played better starting in the 3rd quarter they could have won.

dude thats wrong haha, but in another sense...its right:D

Stangster
10-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Wylie wins easily over Snyder, much to the dismay of Snyder's fans. Whatever the spin that is put on yet another loss, the fact will remain; Wylie wins, Snyder loses. End of story.

just my onion

Black_Magic
10-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Boy, this could be really fun after the game. If snyder wins I wonder IF you guys will handle it. after all this smart mouthing that is.

TheDOCTORdre
10-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Boy, this could be really fun after the game. If snyder wins I wonder IF you guys will handle it. after all this smart mouthing that is.

If ya'll win, I will be the first one to congratulate Snyder publically on the board, and admit my comments were wrong until then I reserve the right to say what I want, but if ya'll lose please do us a favor and refrain from telling the story of the one that got away

Black_Magic
10-25-2004, 08:17 PM
if ya'll lose please do us a favor and refrain from telling the story of the one that got away do you mean like You guys did after the Sweetwater Wylie game??:kiss:

TheDOCTORdre
10-25-2004, 08:33 PM
No more like the one you keep on telling about ya'll getting beat down by Sweetwater

Redman
10-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Merkel has a story of the one that got away???? It happened last friday night in Snyder, oh well heres my pick.

Wylie wins by 25. Too much team for Snyder to contain.

Black & Gold
10-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Redman
Merkel has a story of the one that got away???? It happened last friday night in Snyder, oh well heres my pick.

Wylie wins by 25. Too much team for Snyder to contain.

How well did Merkel contain them? Oh that's right, they didn't!!! Merkel has a story of the one that got away from them in the first quarter. It was the Merkel/Wylie game.

Black_Magic
10-26-2004, 01:14 PM
No more like the one you keep on telling about ya'll getting beat down by Sweetwater So , you dont want to hear about the "one that got away" from anyone els but sweetwater folks.... ok I got it..... Hypocracy.... I understand . I Guess whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander.:p I think it will be a good game that will be discussed on here regardless of the outcome. I have an idea.... If you dont like the post you can just ignore it. Either way I dont really give a rip what you would like. My advice... Deal with it in any event.

Whsdogs
10-26-2004, 02:17 PM
im goin wylie big in this one..21 plus

mustang04
10-26-2004, 05:02 PM
So , you dont want to hear about the "one that got away" from anyone els but sweetwater folks.... ok I got it..... Hypocracy.... I understand . I Guess whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander.:p I think it will be a good game that will be discussed on here regardless of the outcome. I have an idea.... If you dont like the post you can just ignore it. Either way I dont really give a rip what you would like. My advice... Deal with it in any event.

well u know what, im gonna be a nice guy for ya and go ahead and buy u a box of tissue paper, and make u a lil 3rd place ribbon...this will help the process of YOU dealing with the outcome fri. night....

BUT! if yall do win, i will eat some crow pie and i will personally make a thread congratulating yall and saying how you proved everyone wrong

sometimes i think im too nice to snyder ppl considering the rivalry:rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
So , you dont want to hear about the "one that got away" from anyone els but sweetwater folks.... ok I got it..... Hypocracy.... I understand . I Guess whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander.:p I think it will be a good game that will be discussed on here regardless of the outcome. I have an idea.... If you dont like the post you can just ignore it. Either way I dont really give a rip what you would like. My advice... Deal with it in any event.

Magic show me one post where I talk about the one that got away from Sweetwater and I'll show you ten of yours for my one

And my advice until you put up, against Sweetwater....shut up

lobo12
10-26-2004, 06:13 PM
black & gold i noticed how you mentioned that merkel didnt play wylie close but they could have beat yall just as easily as you beat them so maybe thats an indicator

huarache18
10-26-2004, 09:03 PM
I'll say Wylie by 17..they are a good team

Redman
10-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
How well did Merkel contain them? Oh that's right, they didn't!!! Merkel has a story of the one that got away from them in the first quarter. It was the Merkel/Wylie game.

How well did Merkel contain them???Who Snyder?? Thats a good question. I have seen no stats or any write up on the game just a few comments from some of the Merkel fans and from the sounds of it, it was the one that got away.
The Wylie/Merkel game was never in Merkel's grasp so how can it be considered the one that got away. May be considered the one that was blown out??? No excuses were made if you will remember. Respect was paid to Wylie. My comment was not to aim any disrespect to Snyder so if you took it that way and aparently you did so be it. I d be worried more about Wylie this week cause if they blew Merkel out and Snyder just slippped by Merkel, might be along trip home.
Good luck to both teams.

Black_Magic
10-27-2004, 07:10 AM
I heard that Merkel had like 6 turnovers vs Wylie. Is that true? Its to my understanding that it was not such a missmatch without the pitifull amount of turnovers

Whsdogs
10-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Redman
How well did Merkel contain them???Who Snyder?? Thats a good question. I have seen no stats or any write up on the game just a few comments from some of the Merkel fans and from the sounds of it, it was the one that got away.
The Wylie/Merkel game was never in Merkel's grasp so how can it be considered the one that got away. May be considered the one that was blown out??? No excuses were made if you will remember. Respect was paid to Wylie. My comment was not to aim any disrespect to Snyder so if you took it that way and aparently you did so be it. I d be worried more about Wylie this week cause if they blew Merkel out and Snyder just slippped by Merkel, might be along trip home.
Good luck to both teams.

yah thats true...but merkel didnt just drop the ball or gave wylie the ball...wylie earned it by stripping the ball breakin up passes and makin some plays....what u are suppose to do to win a football game

stateboundWR#5
10-27-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm sure wylie didnt cause every turnover, 6 is a big number. But on another hand, if I recall snyder only attempted 2 passes vs. merkel, and from what I saw they had a tough time stopping the run. Dont get me wrong they did play us a good game, but i dont think comparing the way wylie or snyder played merkel is a good comparison of the 2 teams. Wylie is no different than snyder, they put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us, and the best team will come out on top this friday!

mustang04
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by stateboundWR#5
I'm sure wylie didnt cause every turnover, 6 is a big number. But on another hand, if I recall snyder only attempted 2 passes vs. merkel, and from what I saw they had a tough time stopping the run. Dont get me wrong they did play us a good game, but i dont think comparing the way wylie or snyder played merkel is a good comparison of the 2 teams. Wylie is no different than snyder, they put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us, and the best team will come out on top this friday!

meaning wylie should win...right:D

Whsdogs
10-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
yah thats true...but merkel didnt just drop the ball or gave wylie the ball...wylie earned it by stripping the ball breakin up passes and makin some plays....what u are suppose to do to win a football game

did u happen to listen to the game??? Last time i checked ne time a d-lineman is in the backfield hittin the qb and the qb fumbling the ball...thats a forced fumble...the ball didnt just bounce their way luckily, they made it happen

oh and i hate mustang04, leave angelo and go back to sweetwater

mustang04
10-27-2004, 07:05 PM
did u happen to listen to the game??? Last time i checked ne time a d-lineman is in the backfield hittin the qb and the qb fumbling the ball...thats a forced fumble...the ball didnt just bounce their way luckily, they made it happen

oh and i hate mustang04, leave angelo and go back to sweetwater

hehehe:clap: :clap:

Whsdogs
10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
haha just kiddin buddy...for yall that didnt realize we both go to Angelo State:nerd:

Black_Magic
10-28-2004, 08:18 AM
yah thats true...but merkel didnt just drop the ball or gave wylie the ball...wylie earned it by stripping the ball breakin up passes and makin some plays....what u are suppose to do to win a football game I was not asking if someone had an oppinion about what caused turnovers in a game. I was wanting to know if Merkel turned it over 6 times. I have heard that they turned it over all but once of thier first half possesions. that probably had something to do with the lop sided score. I doubt that EVERY turnover was because Wylie caused it. there is such a thing as fumbling snaps, not tucking the ball away, muffing kicks.. those type of things are not caused.

You know, you cant predict score based on other teams beating people. Snyder beat Cooper, Cooper beat Sweetwater, Sweetwater beat Snyder, Snyder beat clyde by 40, Sweetwater beat clyde by 20, Sweetwater sliped past Andrews by 6, Snyder beat them by 16 I believe. Every game is different and some teams match up against others better.

TheDOCTORdre
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
You forgot one Sweetwater beat Lakeview, Lakeview beat Snyder

mustang04
10-28-2004, 11:13 AM
You know, you cant predict score based on other teams beating people. Snyder beat Cooper, Cooper beat Sweetwater, Sweetwater beat Snyder, Snyder beat clyde by 40, Sweetwater beat clyde by 20, Sweetwater sliped past Andrews by 6, Snyder beat them by 16 I believe. Every game is different and some teams match up against others better.

looks kinda like ur trying to make snyder look better even tho we beat yall, yall did better against teams we have both played, but like dre said...we did beat lakeview, and yall did lose to them...kinda nice how u forgot to add that in there...ur a slick one;)

Black & Gold
10-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Good grief already. Yes, Sweetwater beat Snyder. We all know. He was simply making a point. Teams don't always match up the way you think they will. I agree that Black Magic gets carried away with some of his arguments but there are like 5 or 6 Sweetwater people that just keep this thing going with him. Let a dead dog lie.

TheDOCTORdre
10-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Ya I guess your right I guess we kinda poke the dead man with a stick to many times but I cant just sit here without responding to his opinion

Black_Magic
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
looks kinda like ur trying to make snyder look better even tho we beat yall, yall did better against teams we have both played, but like dre said...we did beat lakeview, and yall did lose to them...kinda nice how u forgot to add that in there...ur a slick one;) Good Lord! Do I have to mention every game in district 4-3As schedule to be able to make a point? kinda defensive on this one arnt ya? I didnt forget to mention Sweetwater beat Snyder but you still snap at the first thing you can think about. Im detecting a air of Arrogance from sweetwater at this point. they are feeling pretty good right now and are quick to jump in and speak when they were not so confident at several times this season. We will see how long it lasts.

In regards to Wylie vs Snyder... I noticed Wylie has a Trend this season that I hope continues.. Win , Win, Lose, Win, Win, Lose, Win, Win, ( now is it time for them to lose ?).I Hope it is a trend that continues.

mustang04
10-28-2004, 02:05 PM
theres no arrogance...if u have read ANY of my other posts, you will see that i have alot of respect for snyder, anyone can tell u that ive said that time and time again...but it just seems like u keep stating facts that go back to how yall shoulda beat us....i have no bone to pick w/ anybody, but i still gotta support the mustangs, and when the playoffs come, ill go for yall and wylie cuz it will rep our district well, and then after regionals, i hope its a west texas team that goes to the show, i support our whole area, actually our whole state in football, but it all starts w/ the sweetwater mustangs first

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-29-2004, 05:22 PM
How about we just get back to the main subject here and quit arguing over the past and look forward to tonight?

stateboundWR#5
10-30-2004, 02:40 AM
snyder comes back after spotting wylie one of the best teams around 23 points to win 27-23, whats left to say!

Ranger Mom
10-30-2004, 08:44 AM
In regards to Wylie vs Snyder... I noticed Wylie has a Trend this season that I hope continues.. Win , Win, Lose, Win, Win, Lose, Win, Win, ( now is it time for them to lose ?).I Hope it is a trend that continues.

I guess the trend continues!

lobo12
10-30-2004, 12:10 PM
well ranger mom looks like our district isnt the only one that is getting confusing

Buffalo
10-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Gald this POLL was wrong only 6 were rigth