PDA

View Full Version : 32-3A Playoff Scenarios

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Remaining Schedules: Port Isabel (Rio Hondo Wk. 9, Progreso Wk. 10) - La Feria (Lyford Wk. 9, Raymondville Wk. 10) - Lyford (La Feria Wk. 9, Hidalgo Wk. 10) - Raymondville (Hidalgo Wk. 9, La Feria Wk. 10)

Scenario #1 - Port Isabel wins out, wins district title. La Feria wins out, 2nd place. With La Feria winning out, and both Lyford and Raymondville beating Hidalgo, which they should, Lyford ends the season with a 4-2 district record, ahead of Raymondville's 3-3 district record. District Champ Port Isabel, La Feria 2nd place (Div. 1), Lyford 3rd.

Scenario #2 - Port Isabel wins out, wins district title. La Feria BEATS Lyford, but LOSES to Raymondville. Assuming both Lyford and Raymondville beat Hidalgo, the district would end up with a 3-way tie for 2nd place. Tiebreaker would then go to points, and since those games haven't been played, it is still TBD. In this scenario, PI would MOST LIKELY go Div. 2, but should La Feria be the odd man out in the points tiebreaker, Port Isabel would be in Div. 1

Scenario #3 - Port Isabel wins out, wins district title. La Feria LOSES BOTH REMAINING GAMES, and both Lyford and Raymondville WIN their remaining games. Port Isabel is district champ and goes Div. 1. Lyford is 2nd place and top seed in Div. 2. And Raymondville, by virtue of their win over La Feria would take 3rd place.

NOW, these are the most likely scenarios to occur, however, should PI lose a game, or Hidalgo beats Lyford and/or Raymondville, then it would be a huge mess.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 08:11 PM
:eek: Maybe this week will help with some of that.

footballgal
10-24-2004, 09:19 PM
If La Feria continues to play like they did against PI this past Friday, they should have no problem winning the rest of their district game. PI shouldn't lose any games either, so I will go with scenario #1

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Well, footballgal, I guess I'll rooting for Lyford & Raymondville, in weeks 9 & 10. :D J/K, by the way.

Tidal Wave
10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Lh Panther Mom you SHOULD be rooting for Lyford and Raymondville cuz if not we will be D2 and meet up with yall again:p :D

OH yea, and if we by some miracle beat the your team, well lets just say that we are gonna do a lil skit that we copied from the Yankees:D :D :D

GO LH beat Wimberly!!:mad:

footballgal
10-24-2004, 10:58 PM
It's simple La Feria makes the playoffs and PI goes Div II. La Feria is the bigger school so they will go as Div I. So right now thus far, it's PI in Div. II thus a chance for a re-match against Liberty Hill. It would be a great one, their offense against our defense.