PDA

View Full Version : Newton's D

3A Roy
09-14-2002, 12:01 PM
That's two shutouts!

I was shocked when I saw Houston Alphonso begin play last night. They were loaded with athletes that were fast, big, and could hit. Newton played a great game by beating them 33-0. Newton's defense is awesome. I am ready to see if Bridge City will be able to score on them this week. This defense is going to be tough for Jasper to do anything with.

[This message has been edited by 3A Roy (edited September 14, 2002).]

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 12:11 PM
I think Newton will destroy Bridge City, and I also think they will beat Jasper in a tight game.Defense brings home the trophies.

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 12:39 PM
To Chris Hart--Tell you the truth, I think Bridge City, Newton, Sinton and Jasper would destroy your Burnet team. On what basis are the Burnet people so arrogant? These teams like Bridge City have lost three games in the last 16 games. They would smoke your so-so team. Yes, remember someone will win and someone will lose between Newton and Bridge City; but BOTH would beat your arrogantly backed team!

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 14, 2002).]

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Old Cardinal, I'm not arrogant at all.I just back a good team.BTW, One that I feel would blow Bridge City out of the water.Jasper, Newton and Sinton are great teams, BC is not.I don't know why you are so jealous of Burnet.But I'll bet it's because you know they would destroy yall.You can tell yourself something until you might believe it,but reality is Burnet is that dadgum GOOD.You talk intelligent at times, but when it comes to Burnet,just watch and keep envying.And that is the rest of the story.Good day!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

3A Roy
09-14-2002, 01:40 PM
I just looked into the paper. Newton allowed Alphonso 110 yards of total offense, and the eagles had 347 yards of offense against thier very aggressive defense.

[This message has been edited by 3A Roy (edited September 14, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Roy, someone, not on this Board, told me that that Alphonso school is scheduled to play Burkville a class "A" school next Friday. Then someone else thought it was a 2A school, do you know who they play next week? Also, who have they played before? It was published that they were 9-0 last year, but sounded like they had a smaller school schedule.

BWK/LBP
09-14-2002, 05:30 PM
It's like an alternative school or something that plays in a private league. They just schedule any team to play and they dont have playoffs. I have no clue how big their school is but they had good quickness and speed. They play burkville i believe the 27. We just couldnt find anyone else to play.

[This message has been edited by BWK/LBP (edited September 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by BWK/LBP (edited September 14, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Interesting, I would hate to be Burkeville, hearing how they impressed you, Guys.

BigRed01
09-15-2002, 04:40 AM
Yeah Burnet is the heat. I seriously doubt Burnet will get past the 1st round in the playoffs(ummmmmm.....kinda like last year) You have done decent. Nobody is disputing that. Bridge City as well has done pretty good themselves. We have some things to work on, but at least our guys will have alot of playoff experience. Rightfully so, you should walk through your district. I have read post after post of Burnet fans, and pretty much ya'll think ya'll already have the entire state sewed up. Please! Bridge City has a good football program and well respected in the state, last year we made it to the semi-finals, while mighty Burnet was already bouncing the round ball. If you do make it past the first round, you might find out there are alot of great teams out there that would lay the smack down on Burnet in a heartbeat. Bridge City happens to be one of them.

Chris Hart
09-15-2002, 05:05 PM
And then you woke up!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 05:12 PM
ouch

mwynn05
09-15-2002, 05:52 PM
well after last year actually winning was a big thing for us but now that were doing good we think we can make tha plyoffs and maybe go a couple rounds deep

BigRed01
09-15-2002, 07:21 PM
I need to wake up? I think you need to wake up....Burnet is a good team, but the fact is you did get beat in the first round last year, and the year before. So the seniors you do have this year are used to....that's right Chris....GETTING BEAT IN THE FIRST ROUND! If you came on here saying your team is a solid team, and may make some noise in the playoffs that is obviously respectable. But to show your arrogance at teams that have already been there done that, you open your team up for ridicule. I think Burnet will have a fine year, but don't make ridiculous statements that Burnet would blow Bridge City out of the water.....that's arrogance, not even to mention, you might be really shocked at the outcome. It is very early in the season and alot can happen such as injuries. Concentrate on winning your district first, then concentrate on winning a playoff game.

Old Cardinal
09-15-2002, 07:45 PM
To Mwynno5' A bunch of us are pulling for Fairfield--We like your can-do positive attitude. You Guy's seem to be grateful and excited about winning. How are you doing on making sentences with commas and periods on the ends of your thoughts? You have to learn it if you want to go to College and play football.

Chris Hart
09-15-2002, 09:58 PM
BigRed01
First of all, I was responding to Old Cardinal.I gave my prediction on the Newton/Bridge City game, and he blasted Burnet(why I don't know),but he did and he did so ARROGANTLY. I am not an arrogant fan (go back and check all my posts, and try to find one that was arrogant.Good luck),so you or Old Cardinal shouldn't associate me with the fans from Burnet that are arrogant.
BTW, I have always felt like last year was last year, and this year is this year.But, since you brought it up, try this on.We were beat by Bellville 20-14 in the first round last year, by fumbling(bad call) on their 1 yd. line with 25 sec. remaining.They went on to face Sinton and were beaten 21-13.The following week, yall were beat(destroyed) by Sinton 38-0.I am a firm believer that it is a new year, but if I were to draw a conclusion from last year, it would be this.Burnet met a tough Bellville team in the first round.One that would have beat Bridge City, if both of their scores against Sinton are any indication.Bridge City just had the liberty of being in a weak Reg 3,Div. 1 bracket.That would be my analogy.
All else aside, the only reason I responded arrogantly on this thread, is because I am tired of Old Cardinal attacking Burnet, when he knows nothing about them.So was my remark about Burnet blowing Bridge City out of the water any more arrogant, than Old Cardinal saying Bridge City would smoke Burnet's so-so team(first I might add) or you saying that Bridge City would lay the smack down on Burnet?(No)
All this started over me giving my true opinion on the Newton vs. Bridge City game.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

hornet03
09-15-2002, 10:01 PM
Anyone who doubts Burnet is an idiot for doing so. You cannot stop their offense. I repeat....YOU CANNOT STOP THEIR OFFENSE! Youmight put up 35 points on the board but they will score 50 on you. Watch out for them, they will go far mark my word.

Pudlugger
09-15-2002, 10:20 PM
To make it all the way in the play-offs requires more than just being a really great team. Remember Forney last year? They were #1 or 2 in most polls all year. What happened to them? They had to play Everman, also #1 or 2 in the polls all year in the second round and they <i<lost[/i]. Do you know how long a 16 week season is? You start the year in 100 degree temperatures and it stays light until 9 o'clock but when you're in the third round of the play-offs it is dark and cold and you're practicing under the lights. Everyone else is playing basketball or Christmas shopping. Injuries are to be counted on, players fail and can't play, kids get the flu and the whole team gets it, it is butt-cold on the field, you travel to odd towns and strange stadiums, coaches play psych games on neutral site choices, everyone is applying the pressure on you to "Win State". By this time you have forgotten about those great wins in pre-district play. It is exhilarating to be there but it takes much more than just being good in the pre-district games. That is why I have to smile when I read about "such and such" school will win state this year after a couple of early wins. Best advice if you have a real great team is to keep your powder dry, don't raise alot of attention or tempt fate because the road is steep enough as it is without the team having to carry all that extra baggage.

[This message has been edited by Pudlugger (edited September 15, 2002).]

Chris Hart
09-15-2002, 10:33 PM
I can agree with that PudLugger,I have never said Burnet will win state,but you know that.

BigRed01
09-15-2002, 10:39 PM
Chris, you are right in one aspect, I have read your posts and it seems you are not an arrogant person except in this thread. Unlike Hornet, who is. My point is this. Burnet has a fine program, and will probably do just fine barring injuries. They will need the same as everyone else in the playoffs. A call goes there way, a fumble bounces just right, and the right play was called at the right time. Bridge City will also fair well, and will have a great run this year, just as they did last year. We have an extremely tough game against Newton. My opinion is that Sinton, Jasper, or Everman will be the favorites going into the playoffs, however, that doesn't garuantee anything once your knee deep in the playoffs. It is just getting annoying to me to keep hearing posts like the one Hornet just put on here. Everybody on this message board knows Burnet has a good team. Hornet, WE KNOW YOU HAVE A GOOD TEAM! Maybe some of the Burnet fans can point to some things about there team that make it a good team, instead of "rah, rah, rah, we're #1"...."but we don't know why".

Chris Hart
09-15-2002, 10:51 PM
BigRed01,I won't argue with Jasper,Everman and Sinton being the frontrunners going into the playoffs, and deservedly so.I know there are alot of arrogant posters from Burnet on here, and I agree it wouldn't be near as irritating(it irritates me too), if there was something logical backing it other than as you say blah,blah,blah we're #1.
BTW, Hornet is from Gatesville.

------------------
Big Green Dawg