PDA

View Full Version : Tragic Auto Accident In Burnet Claims 1, Injures 3

olddawggreen
10-24-2004, 10:25 AM
A tragic one car accident in Burnet County Thursday night claimed the life of Jame Buce, who was a starting LB on last years football team. Also severely injured in the accident were SR. Varsity Baseball Player, Brent Guenter, SR. Varsity Golfer, Chase Watson and Former Burnet Varsity Golfer, Bear Courtney. The injured boys were Star Flighted to the hospital in Austin and remain there at this time. The game against New Braunfels Friday night and the rest of the season was dedicated to #22, James Buce. The team members all wrote #22 on their arms and #22 was chalked into the center of the field. A very unusual thing happened during the game, when Burnet stopped New Braunfel's final possession, the game clock read 00:22. James would have been very proud of his teammates Friday night.

sinton66
10-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the young men's families, friends, and community. Life is so fragile, we must never fail to seize any opportunity to express our love to those that mean the most to us.

CheerMom
10-24-2004, 10:57 AM
My prayers are with the families of these young men.

purplenails
10-24-2004, 11:41 AM
PRAYERS....from the Hill.

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Prayers......from caldwell.......

Bullaholic
10-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the young men's families, friends, and community. Life is so fragile, we must never fail to seize any opportunity to express our love to those that mean the most to us.

You can't say it any better than that, Sinton66.....all life is precious, but it is especially tragic when we lose a young person. Please add my sincerest condolences and prayers to their familes.

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 12:14 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with those families...

rodeo-rider
10-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Our prayers are with them and their families.
Does anyone know how the other boys are doing. My son knows the golfer Chase Watson and has played with him sevaral times at golf tournanments.

Ranger Mom
10-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Prayers from Greenwood also!!

Please keep us updated on the 3 boys condition!

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Of course, prayers from Bandera for the family of Buce and for the 3 remaining boys.....how very, very sad.

LHMom
10-24-2004, 01:47 PM
My prayers are with the friends and family. There seems no loss as tragic as at this age - a time when they seem (and think) they are invincible. God bless those touched by this.

olddawggreen
10-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
Our prayers are with them and their families.
Does anyone know how the other boys are doing. My son knows the golfer Chase Watson and has played with him sevaral times at golf tournanments.

My son and I visited the boys in the hospital this afternoon. All three boys have gotten out of ICU and in time will recover from their physical injuries, the non physical injuries will last much longer. Brent Guenter will remain part of the baseball team for his SR. year, but will not be able to play, both of his legs were broken and they had to put metal rods in them. It is questionable if Chase will be able to golf this year. Its just too soon to tell. Hopefully all the boys will be recovered enough to go home sometime this week. The services for James Buce will be held at 2:00 Monday afternoon at tne Baptist Church in Bertram, Texas.

creditcard
10-24-2004, 05:18 PM
did he graduate last year or was he still playing this year when that happened

Keith7
10-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
did he graduate last year or was he still playing this year when that happened

james graduated last year

fbmom
10-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Prayers from Hutto!!!

CHS_Grad '85
10-25-2004, 01:55 PM
My heartfelt condolances for the family and community - I'm so sorry for your loss... to the boys in the hospital - my prayers are with you also...

jason
10-25-2004, 02:13 PM
i was getting news of this as it unfolded thur night...its a tragic thing, we can pray for the families and wish for the best to Brent, Chase, and Bear...

pirate44
10-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

well said