PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best Baseball Stadium?

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Who gots it???

I think its Boston.....just b/c the Green Monster adds A LOT TO IT!

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 11:51 PM
or should i say "field"

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Sinton has a pretty decent Baseball stadium(field) but it really doesn't compare to Boston's place. lol
:doh:

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 11:56 PM
Here in Caldwell we just got an "all" grass infield...its pretty nice

Roll'em up
10-24-2004, 08:55 AM
In class 3A, Graham has one of the best you will find. Covered seating that seats around 1500 I would guess. It's a great place to play baseball.

Keith7
10-24-2004, 09:34 AM
All of you guys are stupid.. Gainesville really had the best field of any 3a team in the state.. and i'm not just saying that because i'm from there, if you have seen it you'd think the same, They play at Locke Field, the home of an old minor league team the "Gainesville Owls", well this field was built during the WWII but has been renovated a few times and is still Awesome.. I wish i could find a picture because i know all of you guys would be impressed.. now if Gainesville could just produce a good baseball team to go with it

GreenMonster
10-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Sorry Keith but Graham's Stadium out classes that relic in Gainesville hands down. Although it is a very nice facility and the playing field is flawless. Does North Central College still share the stadium with the Leps?

:) I'm not adding anything to the field at Boston except maybe some Pee. Go Rangers. LOL. :D

sinton66
10-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Who gots it???

I think its Boston.....just b/c the Green Monster adds A LOT TO IT!

I think Minute Maid holds up to scrutiny. Fantastic facility.

Old Tiger
10-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Lorena's field is nice.

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
All of you guys are stupid.. Gainesville really had the best field of any 3a team in the state..

No... we really aren't stupid, LOL!!! ;) I am going to also have to go with Graham on this one... that is a fantastic field out there...

Keith7
10-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sorry Keith but Graham's Stadium out classes that relic in Gainesville hands down. Although it is a very nice facility and the playing field is flawless. Does North Central College still share the stadium with the Leps?

:) I'm not adding anything to the field at Boston except maybe some Pee. Go Rangers. LOL. :D

ooh so u have seen gainesville's?? have u seen it lately? they redid the seating, and there is a new outfield fence, its awesome...

and no NCTC got tired of paying the city to use it, so they built their own, "Darwin Field" i don't like NCTC baseball they are cocky SOB's

ILS1
10-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Weimar has a nice field as well. Very well maintained.

Keith7
10-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
No... we really aren't stupid, LOL!!! ;) I am going to also have to go with Graham on this one... that is a fantastic field out there...

go watch the Red River baseball tournament this spring, a bunch of 3a teams show up to beat the crap out of oklahoma teams, what could be funner, plus they have the grill going all day, I cant think of a better way to spend a spring afternoon.. :)

speaking of baseball i have a game that i need to be at.. so have a good day everyone

GreenMonster
10-24-2004, 10:12 AM
No Keith, sorry it has been a few years since I've been to the G'ville field. I'd like to see the changes. I bet it is a really nice park now. It was nice when I went last it just had old wooden bleachers in serious need of repair. :clap: I applaud the City of G'ville for fixing up this little gem. As for NCTC I agree. I can't believe they named the field Darwin Field. That dude was a major league jerk. Darwin was the coach at NCTC and he was Danny Darwin (Astros Pitcher) little brother. My coach at Vernon College hated his guts. After our offense half of every inning my Coach would toss his snuff out at Darwin's feet before returning to our dugout. He wouldn't do that to anyone else. Heck, he never threw his snuff out period. He'd go through a can or more each time we played North Central. Just because he'd throw most of it at Darwin. LOL. Ahhhhhh Memories of Youth. Thanks Keith. :D

GreenMonster
10-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Alpine also has a really nice ballpark. I know that they recently dropped to 2A but when I was in school seemed like we played Alpine in bb play-offs every year. It's another old minor league park. Stone fence all the way around several buildings on the premises and covered seating.

BIGGBROTHER
10-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Wrigley field

big daddy russ
10-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Best one down south is Sinton for sure. They go all out for their teams.

3afan
10-24-2004, 11:35 AM
All of you guys are stupid.. Gainesville really had the best field of any 3a team in the state.. and i'm not just saying that because i'm from there, if you have seen it you'd think the same, They play at Locke Field, the home of an old minor league team the "Gainesville Owls", well this field was built during the WWII but has been renovated a few times and is still Awesome.. I wish i could find a picture because i know all of you guys would be impressed.. now if Gainesville could just produce a good baseball team to go with it

keith - thats not cool calling everyone stupid just cause they dont agree with your homer opinion. don't be offended, we all have homer opinions! gainesville's field is great - as is graham's, and probably a dozen others. unless you've seen them all you can't possibly compare !!!!!!!

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 11:44 AM
some nice other 3a ones are Lorena and Columbus...both well kept and have nice facilities......

not the best...so no one get mad at me for saying those two..i just mean that i enjoy playing on them

lobo12
10-24-2004, 12:14 PM
as far as pros im gonna have to go with wrigley field. in high school however im gonna have to go with graham. snyder also has a great field. the grasss is unbelievable. like on a great golf course

Keith7
10-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
keith - thats not cool calling everyone stupid just cause they dont agree with your homer opinion. don't be offended, we all have homer opinions! gainesville's field is great - as is graham's, and probably a dozen others. unless you've seen them all you can't possibly compare !!!!!!!

i was just jokin.. everyone knows i wouldnt really call someone stupid.. i'm the sweetest guy on the downlow

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2004, 02:22 PM
i been to Atlanta's, Houstons, Rangers and Yankee stadium and best one to me was Rangers. My wife like the Braves stadium more. South Texas for high schools i think Pirate field is just one of the best, but could use more seating than what they have now.

sinton66
10-24-2004, 02:29 PM
i was just jokin.. everyone knows i wouldnt really call someone stupid.. i'm the sweetest guy on the downlow

Riiiiiiiiighhhhht........and the Pope isn't really Catholic, and bears DON'T really...........never mind.:D

VWG
10-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Wrigley Field... if you've never been you gotta make it there someday.
High School's- Duncanville HS has a really nice facility. Mineral Wells and Graham, who both have Texas Collegiate League teams, have excellent facilities. I know the reason that Graham and M.W. had those teams were due to their facilities being top notch baseball facilities.

VWG
10-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah, and McKinney HS has a pretty nice baseball field as well.