PDA

View Full Version : Phil C.....Talk to me

AP Panther Fan
10-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey Phil, how did your Sinton girls do last night?

BTW, this is my first thread, so you are special.:) :) :)

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Thank you AP Panther Fan and I am honored! The girls lost in five to Mathis last night. They won the first two games but then Mathis came on tough and won the last three. The fourth game which they won 25 to 23 was the critical game. Don't forget to watch out for next week's paper there in Aransas Pass. :)

AP Panther Fan
10-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Thanks, I was a little timid starting that thread. Sorry to hear about the game, guess the guys went ahead and took care of it on the field this time.

Did you get to meet with any of the other 3adl posters at the game? You know, I kinda thought it would be neat if members had a t-shirt that identified them and they could put their name on back (if anonimity isn't an issue). Just a thought....I never post anything that would make someone really want to punch me out though.

If I do get the chance to watch Sinton/Ingleside, I will look for you in the Spurs cap.:D :D

sinton66
10-23-2004, 11:28 PM
We nearly always get together at half-time in the closest smoking area we can find. We have thought about doing t-shirts several times and have discussed it, but nothing's been done yet.

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Good Enough AP Panther Fan. It is hard to identify the others that is why I always wear my San Antonio Spurs cap which makes it easy for people to know who I am. I am sure that we will be meeting somewhere at half-time at the Sinton vs Ingleside game this coming Friday. Sinton 66 will probably let us know where. I got to meet Mike from Mathis last night and he is a great person and it is good to meet fellow posters.

AP Panther Fan
10-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
We nearly always get together at half-time in the closest smoking area we can find. We have thought about doing t-shirts several times and have discussed it, but nothing's been done yet.

Good deal, Ingleside only has one smoking area and I will know where to find you guys. I still think the shirts are a good idea but the season is almost over (football, anyway...well for some of us ). Being a rookie, I still don't know what you talk about in off-season, but I am hoping it is basketball, baseball etc.... Guess I will find out soon enough. :D

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 11:39 PM
There were some posters AP Panther Fan that said AP was getting ready for basketball but they didn't know that was frightening since they are now ranked No. 3 in the State so AP should have some fun times coming soon in basketball.

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Oops! AP is ranked No. 4 in State in basketball not No. 3!

AP Panther Fan
10-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I heard ranked #4, but who knows? I haven't been much of a basketball fan (since my son doesn't play) however, I did travel to Austin last year to watch the final four and the year before, I listened to it on TSRN (TRSN?) online while at work. We have a great basketball coach and my son just informed me that we recently lost our baseball coach (a Sinton grad). He is devastated (my son) and even wanted to call him (the coach) at home to check on him.

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks, I was a little timid starting that thread. Sorry to hear about the game, guess the guys went ahead and took care of it on the field this time.

Did you get to meet with any of the other 3adl posters at the game? You know, I kinda thought it would be neat if members had a t-shirt that identified them and they could put their name on back (if anonimity isn't an issue). Just a thought....I never post anything that would make someone really want to punch me out though.

If I do get the chance to watch Sinton/Ingleside, I will look for you in the Spurs cap.:D :D
I've met quite a few fellow posters and we all share a love for 3A sports. Meet as many as can and you'd be suprised just how much we have in common. You'll find that most posters are down to earth and generally just good people.:cool: :)

AP Panther Fan
10-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I've met quite a few fellow posters and we all share a love for 3A sports. Meet as many as can and you'd be suprised just how much we have in common. You'll find that most posters are down to earth and generally just good people.:cool: :)

You know, this is refreshing. I have, all too often, based my opinion of another town on the few (over the top) fans you see at a game. Since talking to you guys, I have a totally different opinion.....especially about Mathis....Mikecheck seems to be a really nice guy. Live and learn, right????;)

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 01:11 AM
You know, this is refreshing. I have, all too often, based my opinion of another town on the few (over the top) fans you see at a game. Since talking to you guys, I have a totally different opinion.....especially about Mathis....Mikecheck seems to be a really nice guy. Live and learn, right????;)
I've always had this opinion for life in general. 9 out of 10 folks are good people. It's just that the 10th guy has the loudest mouth.:thinking: ;)

sinton66
10-24-2004, 08:59 AM
I'll echo what yall are saying too. I've met a BUNCH of people at the meet and greets we've done, and I haven't disliked anyone yet.

I really want to get the regional meet and greets up and running this year. Last year we did a statewide at the championship game at Texas stadium. Cooked and ate some great sausage wraps and watched some championship football.

I would like to do that at each of the regional championships if we can get it going. For that to happen, we'll need folks from each region to do a little volunteering. Region 4 is covered of course, but we need the other three to step up and get it going.

Maybe we can also do one at the finals again. With my new job, I don,t have as much free time as I did last year, but should be able to work it out.

shs95grad
10-24-2004, 01:20 PM
We have a great basketball coach and my son just informed me that we recently lost our baseball coach (a Sinton grad). He is devastated (my son) and even wanted to call him (the coach) at home to check on him. Was this recent? I thought Coach Whitehead was still at AP??

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2004, 09:43 AM
It was recent. We will miss him tremendously. :(