PDA

View Full Version : Texas 51 vs. Texas Tech 21

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Any comments on the game.........Texas was great! not GREAT!! but great!..............Vince Young showed he can run...and he was 10/15...perdy darn accurate tonight..........Benson had another great game.........both him and Young had over 150 yards rushing......i thought the Texas Defense did great.......how bout that stand w/ their backs to the end zone on Tech's last drive.....

sinton66
10-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Yeah, but "Texas is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY over-rated."" They'll be lucky to win another conference game." Wasn't this what most of you were saying following the OU game?

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Good job, Texas on the win.

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Sinton ..... do u really think Texas can't beat Colorado??? ...Lord thats kinda puttin us down in the dirt........but i know we can beat Okie State and A&M...i just have the GUT feeling that it wont be as close as everyone thinks.....all we gotta do is feed the ball to that one guy with the numbers 32 underneath that TEXAS on his jersey......and most likely good things will happen

AP Panther Fan
10-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Vince Young had a great game. A fun one to watch.:clap: :clap:

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 10:11 PM
I seriously thought it was gonna be a scoring match and whoever had the ball last was gonna win until about 3 minutes left in the half when we went up by a TD and a FG! lol

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yeah, but "Texas is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY over-rated."" They'll be lucky to win another conference game." Wasn't this what most of you were saying following the OU game?

Not I, 66. I believe those folks were either "fair-weather" UT fans of the "fire Mack" variety or Aggies. :)

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 10:16 PM
My fault Sinton........i thought u were saying that urself........Im sorry about that

sinton66
10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
No way, my friend, I'm a do or die Longhorn fan.

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 10:35 PM
thats good.....I knew there was someone in the world like me!

sinton66
10-23-2004, 10:37 PM
I was just setting 'em up so KTJ can bomb them when he comes back on.:D

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 11:07 PM
A great job by Texas in Lubbock. I am pleasantly surprised! Way to go Horns!!

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 11:10 PM
I was just setting 'em up so KTJ can bomb them when he comes back on.:D

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thanks for your pre-game thoughts, KTJ. It's going to be a great game. I'll have to disagree with you on the score - 42-28, Tech over UT. Of course, I'll be back to eat my crow if I'm wrong. (Exactly the reason I hate to predict....) :)

See - I already set myself up. :D

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 11:36 PM
This summarizes the game perfectly....read it to see EVERYTHING! lol

Summary Of Game (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/releases/2004_05/004/102304_10.html)

westTXbest
10-23-2004, 11:50 PM
how bout that player from west texas!!! Cedric Benson, representing Midland well.

CHSBaseball07
10-23-2004, 11:52 PM
He has represented them well since he was a Freshman...haha...and he will be doing that for the rest of his life..until he retires from the NFL b/c u know he will be going there and still dominating

Bulldog_12
10-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Ive gotta admit it. texas impressed me tonight. They showed that they dont have to just hand it off to Benson. Young had a pretty good game and FINALLY showed some poise in the pocket. They finally became a complete team. Congrats.

RTX 14
10-24-2004, 02:11 AM
the texas D did a good job tonight, i liked what i saw a lot, and vince and benson doin what they do best

big daddy russ
10-24-2004, 02:15 AM
He CAN throw the ball, whaddya know?

sinton66
10-24-2004, 08:44 AM
You guys can rag on Vince all you want, it won't take away from what he does. He simply had a bad game against OU, and that's all there is to it. He has two years left after this one, and he will get some great receivers to throw to next year. With Roy William's graduation, it has taken some time for the new receivers to step up and fill the void. I'd say they did a nice job of it last night. However, nice job won't cut it in the playoffs. They are gonna have to step it up some more. Look for that to happen.

Black_Magic
10-24-2004, 08:57 AM
I believe that If Texas had Techs coach (Leach) and offence they would have won vs OU and would be #1. With the people UT can get compaired to TT It should have turned out that way. You pair That Offence with the best people ( the kind texas gets) with the D Texas has then they would be the BEST.

sinton66
10-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Although I understand your sentiment, that's sort of a hard point to make after last night, don't you think?

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Longhorns stepped it up last night with a convincing win. And I DO give TTU a lot of respect this year, so I think it is a pretty good win.

Now, all eyes are on the remainder of the season... and I am especially interested in that aTm game now...

Black_Magic
10-24-2004, 09:46 AM
Although I understand your sentiment, that's sort of a hard point to make after last night, don't you think? Not at all hard point to make. Everybody Knows Ut and OU get the cream of the crop when it comes to the best high school players compared to the rest ( TT, TA&M, Colorado, ect..) Heck they have the best players. they should have won going away and should win just about every game that way. If Leach was at TEXAS with the Athletes Texas has , they would be National Champs. My oppinion.

sinton66
10-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Leach is a great coach, no arguments from me. Mack does leave room for improvement in that area, agreed. It's awful hard to argue with continued success year in and year out though. It's been said before, as long as Mack continues with winning seasons, his job is probably safe.

Basically, if we're allowed to dream about who we want at the helm, I'd pick Jimmy Johnson. Of course, UT would have to mortage everything they own to afford him.

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 11:49 AM
This will not happen....but so we can have a good discussion and dream a little bit......if Texas was to get a new coach..who would it be?? or who would you want?

Bulldog_12
10-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Steve Spurrier.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-24-2004, 02:49 PM
It is frustrating to follow the 'Horns. It is almost a certainty that they will lose one more game (don't know which one) and be relegated to their annual "who cares" minor bowl game in San Diego or Dallas.

People minimize Mack not being able to beat OU, but until he figures out a way, it's going to be this way every year. How many years now has he been a head coach? It's the same number of years he's gone without winning even a conference championship.

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
anyone in the big 12 will never win a championship as long as OU is still there......if we were in the North we would win the "north" part of the big 12 every year...those teams up there suck!

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
UT fans "expect" every year to win the conference. I don't blame them - it's bound to be a very nice thing to have. I remember when Tech tied for the last SWC championship & went to the Cotton Bowl. Yes, I was there & yes it was a butt whupping they took. There's a funny UT story I'll share sometime about that game.

For all the non-Tech fans, there is one thing that us Tech fans can say. We are the ONLY Big 12 team to have a WINNING season EVERY year since the inception of the conference. :inlove:

(I'm still prepared to eat my crow about yesterday.)

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 03:03 PM
yea your going to get a good serving...when Texas started making the lead bigger and bigger...i thought about you more and more..haha...............

i even had to run upstairs to my room...get on the computer...write somethin to you.......and then run back downstairs

lol

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 03:17 PM
That was nice of you to think of me. lol :D

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 07:57 PM
haha yea i thought so too

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey dont worry........ill be on your side when A&M plays Tech!! So I can shut my brother up on how A&M is "unstoppable" haha......he is kinda embarassed w/ that OT Win over CU

Panther Ross
10-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Sinton ..... do u really think Texas can't beat Colorado??? ...Lord thats kinda puttin us down in the dirt........but i know we can beat Okie State and A&M...i just have the GUT feeling that it wont be as close as everyone thinks.....all we gotta do is feed the ball to that one guy with the numbers 32 underneath that TEXAS on his jersey......and most likely good things will happen

Let me be the first to congratulate Cedric Benson and Vince Young for running all over the WORST defense in the nation.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Let me just say that this was the best weekend I have had in about 3 months and to top it off Texas "Gave 'em hell, gave 'em hell, and made them eat _____"

JasperDog94
10-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Let me be the first to congratulate Cedric Benson and Vince Young for running all over the WORST defense in the nation. Try the 40th best defense in the nation. Nice try. Typical of your Texas hating posts though.

But on the other hand, I don't blame you. I'd be scared too if I saw how accurate Young was this game. He was 10/15 with 2 incompletions hitting the receivers in the hands. If that continues, Texas will be tough to stop. And that defense was AWESOME!!!

Panther Ross
10-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Try the 40th best defense in the nation. Nice try. Typical of your Texas hating posts though.

But on the other hand, I don't blame you. I'd be scared too if I saw how accurate Young was this game. He was 10/15 with 2 incompletions hitting the receivers in the hands. If that continues, Texas will be tough to stop. And that defense was AWESOME!!!

40th is not all that great and nothing to be proud of when you run all over them. They probably have the worst defense in the big 12 besides baylor

KTJ
10-24-2004, 10:44 PM
40th is not all that great and nothing to be proud of when you run all over them. They probably have the worst defense in the big 12 besides baylor

You'll just find anything to try and put UT down, won't you? You know that Tech's defense isn't the worst in the nation or the Big 12 but yet you continuously make yourself look stupid by making posts like this one.

It wasn't that the Tech defense was bad--rather that the UT defense shut down the gimmick offense of Leach. That was the whole game right there. The fact that Tech couldn't get anything going--at all--proved how tough the UT defense is. But don't worry--that same defense will shut down Aggy when they come to DKR as well.

JasperDog94
10-24-2004, 10:53 PM
40th is not all that great and nothing to be proud of when you run all over them. They probably have the worst defense in the big 12 besides baylor Wow. It's like a computer recording saying the same thing over and over.

Let's try this angle: What do you have to say about the Texas defense holding Tech (averaging 70 points at home) to only 21 points?

Hupernikomen
10-24-2004, 11:02 PM

actually 40th in the nation with the type of offense they run isn't too bad at all. Considering they score a lot and usually fast which gives the opposing offense more chances...so to me 40th is sorta impressive.