PDA

View Full Version : Bungals/Ben-gals

turbostud
10-22-2003, 05:41 PM
RB Corey Dillon has requested a trade to Dallas. Maybe the Cowboys can get rid of that bum Troy Hambrick.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 06:20 PM
well, the trade deadline is already past, and Dillon isn't even fully healthy, so I doubt he'll be here any time soon.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 06:22 PM
crzyjournalist03:
well, the trade deadline is already past, and Dillon isn't even fully healthy, so I doubt he'll be here any time soon.Watch what you say or people will put your name in a post and say 'IT ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORRRRRRRRRRRRRRE'

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Gobbla2001:

crzyjournalist03:
well, the trade deadline is already past, and Dillon isn't even fully healthy, so I doubt he'll be here any time soon.Watch what you say or people will put your name in a post and say 'IT ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORRRRRRRRRRRRRRE'that's not funny... :D :p wink

turbostud
10-22-2003, 06:43 PM
there is always next year.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 06:44 PM
true...where did you hear about that request? I wonder what it would cost Dallas to get him...a #2 pick???

turbostud
10-22-2003, 06:48 PM
On Pardon the Interuption today on espn. He has had 4 1000 yard seasons. I know this is Hambricks first year to prove himself but the other two guys(Anderson & Cason) look better than him.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 06:59 PM
wow...they just posted an article on Dallasmorningnews.com:

Bengals' Dillon: Trade me to Dallas

06:35 PM CDT on Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Associated Press

CINCINNATI — Disgruntled running back Corey Dillon said Wednesday he wants out of Cincinnati, an outburst that represents the first direct challenge of coach Marvin Lewis.

The Bengals (2-4) have won two of their last three games by relying on their passing game while Dillon recovers from a strained groin, leaving the running back in a bad mood.

As he walked into the locker room on Wednesday, Dillon said aloud, “I want out. Trade me to Dallas.”

When reporters approached, Dillon shooed them away, saying, “Beat it. I don’t like you guys.” He then told the team’s Web site employee and a reporter from the Dayton Daily News that he’s unhappy with his limited role and desperately wants to leave.

“When I’m healthy, I still don’t get the ball over 20 times a game,” Dillon said. “So it really doesn’t matter, healthy or unhealthy.”

During his seven-year career, Dillon has repeatedly groused that he doesn’t get the ball enough. Dillon is one of only four players in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in each of his first four seasons.

“Do I feel a little bit stepped on? Yeah, I do,” Dillon said. “Have I been feeling this way for a long time? Yes, I have. It has nothing to do with the new regime here, the coaches. This boils back to ’97, and it’s been like this for a long time with me.”

Dillon has been Lewis’ biggest problem in the locker room since he took over as head coach last January. Dillon was the only regular to skip a voluntary minicamp, and the only player to show up late for the start of training camp.

Dillon’s outburst couldn’t have come at a worse time for Lewis. The Bengals are coming off a 34-26 victory over Baltimore that moved them back into contention in the AFC North.