PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer may go Div 1

Buckeyeman
10-23-2004, 08:09 PM
After watching Gilmer play both Mineola and Gladewater I believe that Mineola has a very good shot at beating Gladewater and if that happens Gilmer will go to the playoffs as the Div 1 rep.
Does anyone agree with that scenario?

Bullaholic
10-23-2004, 08:14 PM
You betcha Buckeyeman.....I been hoping that is the way it will happen, cause' I hope Decatur and Gilmer make it far enough to tangle in the R1/R2 final. That will truly be the "irresistible force" meeting the "immovable object".

SoulTaker_IP
10-23-2004, 08:19 PM
then who would the hawks play in quarter finals???
lol, just jokin... but really who would take their spot?

Bullaholic
10-23-2004, 08:24 PM
SoulTaker.....I haven't really checked it out, but won't Graham most likely be the D1 playoff team from District 5? That would make the Hawks be on the D2 road wouldn't it?

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-24-2004, 04:27 AM
That is correct. Graham is the big school in district 5.

Looks like IP will draw Pilot Point. (As it stands now) If Bowie can beat PP then IP will draw Bowie.

That is unless Vernon lets Breck back into the mix with a loss to them and a loss to Graham. I hate to even think that but it is in the back of my mind. Not sure how that would work out exactly. (that is asuming that Graham beats everyone. If IP beats Graham and Vernon loses to Graham and Breck, I think that Breck would get into the playoffs and Vernon would sit. Not sure though.