PDA

View Full Version : EAST Texas LST Top 5

LST_Terry
10-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Youcan see the LST TOp 5 for 3A and for all classifications in the LST. Keep in mind LST does not cover Jasper. Just clcik on the link and it is the first article. Like to hear your thoughts on the 3A top 5.

Lone Star Teams (http://www.lonestarteams.com)

Keith7
10-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Class 3A
1. Gilmer (9-0)
2. Tatum (7-1)
3. Palestine (6-2)
4. Liberty Eylau (5-3)
5. Van (7-1)

X Man
10-23-2004, 10:35 PM
West Orange-Stark is in the top 5. They have 2 losses in predistrict play. And I might add that anyone that just looks at win-loss, needs to look at who the wins and losses were against. WOS had to have the toughest predistrict schedule in the state. One loss to a tough Bay City (4A) , and the other was a very close loss to Jasper. I think Jasper used all their energy on the WO-S game though, and I think a rematch today would have a different outcome. Irregardless of all that, WO-S is as tough a program as there is in the state, but as you all know.......on any given night............

LST_Terry
10-23-2004, 11:18 PM
WO-S is a great team, but they are not in our LST coverage area(wish they were) So that is why they are not in my top 5

texasjeremy
10-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
Youcan see the LST TOp 5 for 3A and for all classifications in the LST. Keep in mind LST does not cover Jasper. Just clcik on the link and it is the first article. Like to hear your thoughts on the 3A top 5.

Lone Star Teams (http://www.lonestarteams.com)

It really doesn't matter is Jasper was in your coverage area, Im not sure they could beat any of those teams anyway.

j_dog
10-24-2004, 09:27 AM
WO-S is a great team, but they are not in our LST coverage area(wish they were) So that is why they are not in my top 5
Question, why are they not in your "coverage" area? You don't want WOS and Jasper in what you call "East Texas". The Houston Chronicle no longer considers us in the "Greater Houston" area even though they deliver newspapers there. Guess we are just orphans! :( But just wait for the playoffs then WOS and Jasper will have to be recognized. :)

Pball
10-24-2004, 10:36 AM
We are all looking forward to the play-offs. We shall soon find out how good everyone really is instead of having to listen how good they use to be.

Goldenstick
10-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Jasper and WO-S aren't considered East Texas or GHA. LST must be a northeast texas poll!

Gilmer Buckeye
10-24-2004, 04:47 PM
I have noticed that people who live in the Longview-Tyler area call it East Texas and everywhere south of there Southeast Texas.

Similarly everyone who lives in the Lufkin-Nacogdoches area call it East Texas and everywhere north of there Northeast Texas.

I think I would place Jasper in East Texas just as Smoaky.com does. But I would classify Orange as a Gulf Coast city. Maybe it doesn't have a beach, but it's awfully close to the Gulf. I thought it was one of the three corners of the Golden Triangle. That's what I used to hear it called anyhow.

j_dog
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Gilmer Buckeye
...I think I would place Jasper in East Texas just as Smoaky.com does. ...
Thank you for the opinion. I grew up in Jasper and we always called it EAST TEXAS. In fact, geographically speaking, if you check the Texas map, my guess is that Jasper probably is farther "east" than every team on the "top 5" list above. WOS surely is farther east because of how the state bulges out from around Jasper on down to Orange.

I am joking of course, but the first time I went to a meeting in Henderson, someone asked me how I liked my first trip to "East Texas"! I told him I had lived most of my life in East Texas.
lol

WOS1
10-24-2004, 10:44 PM
I think there is actually a sign when you get into Jasper that says it is "the gateway to East Texas".

WOS1
10-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Pball
We are all looking forward to the play-offs. We shall soon find out how good everyone really is instead of having to listen how good they use to be.

You guys should be VERY worried about Silsbee...:D

j_dog
10-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
You guys should be VERY worried about Silsbee...:D
Maybe P-town is not worried, but I guarantee that J-town will have direct their full attention directed toward Silsbee. Shepherd also. :)

JasperDog94
10-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by X Man
I think Jasper used all their energy on the WO-S game though, and I think a rematch today would have a different outcome. I certainly hope that you're not implying that WOS didn't go all out or "use up all their energy" on Jasper in week 0. I think anytime those two teams hook up, anything can happen. This year's teams could play 10 consecutive games and would probably be 5-5. I hope that's what you're trying to say. just my .02 cents.:)

JasperDog94
10-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
It really doesn't matter is Jasper was in your coverage area, Im not sure they could beat any of those teams anyway. I'm not saying they would, but Jasper "could" beat any one of those teams.

Hupernikomen
10-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I certainly hope that you're not implying that WOS didn't go all out or "use up all their energy" on Jasper in week 0. I think anytime those two teams hook up, anything can happen. This year's teams could play 10 consecutive games and would probably be 5-5. I hope that's what you're trying to say. just my .02 cents.:)

WO-S fans are a proud group. I know they think they can and would beat us if we played again. I am convinced of the same about Kirbyville and take no offense to what he said about them being able to beat us. I don't think we used up all our steam against them though. We got back 2 starters this week and get back 2 more next week. We will be just fine by the time the playoffs roll around.

LST_Terry
10-24-2004, 11:50 PM
The reason Jasper is not in the LST "coverage area" is two-fold

1. The site is partnered with a TV station that is in Tyler. We cover Nac and Lufkin because NAC is in 17-4A whic most teams are in the stations coverage area and Lufkin because of their connection with Tyler from the past.

2. Because I am the one and only guy for LST as far as weekly show hosts, coaches interviews articles and games and I had to draw the line somewhere.
I cover 16 districts already, IF I COULD I would cover many many more, but I had to be realistic.

LST has had an amazing year already, but think about when basketball begins..our site is all HS sports and I will be adding another ton of schools that do not play football but do basketball.

LST is getting over a 1000 hits a day, which for this small site that started by covering just 10 schools is pretty good. Hopefully next year I can have an actual staff to help me and then LST can expand the area we cover. I want to really bad. But 16 districts( over 100 schools for just football) is enough for one guy.

X Man
10-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Shoot, I think if Jasper played Kirbyville again, that the 'dogs would win. And yes, I think WOS would win a rematch with Jasper, but then, the 5-5 prediction could be right. It really doesn't matter, but what does matter is that these 2 teams are a real obstacle to anyone with playoff plans!

j_dog
10-25-2004, 09:27 PM
The reason Jasper is not in the LST "coverage area" is two-fold

1. The site is partnered with a TV station that is in Tyler. ....
I was just kidding. We all know the realities. From Tyler, you don't sell newspapers or TV ads in Jasper. Now the Houston Chronicle treatment does bug me. Jasper people shop in Houston, go to their doctors, and buy their newspapers, maybe even watch their TV stations. Ditto for Lufkin which is only 50 miles away, yet Jasper gets zero coverage there unless they are playing a Lufkin team. Even then it is a maybe.

But, still we all would love it if someday you are able to add Jasper to your coverage.