PDA

View Full Version : Gobbla

Hal I. Tosis
10-09-2003, 12:53 PM
I've sat back quitely reading your posts the past three days. Man, you've got to be the smartest human being alive! I mean, you're an expert high school, college, and pro football analyst. You're an expert policeman, and an expert person with a law degree and knows criminal law dealing with manslaughter! Get a life! These comments you keep making about WHAT IF someone (child) had been in the parking lot? What is that? You could "what if" any scenario you can possibly think of, but that isn't what happened in Wharton Friday night. Furthermore, there were absolutely NO charges filed regarding alcohol of any kind! Know the facts before popping off. It's young people like you that pops off about things you don't know about and people you don't know that later changes your "tune" when something sad happens to you. I agree with Matthew, let it go and move on to your "mighty" Gobblers. It would probably be a pleasure for you to meet Roark himself someday, so that you, too, could see the great character he posesses. There's a reason the Roarks are so highly thought of here in Cuero. They're good people from a great family. Let it go, because the WHOLE truth concerning this incident might shock you. eek!

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:03 PM
You didn't read hard enough, because I stated they can't prove there was any alcohol involved... Read between the lines before you speak. esspecially before you claim to be an 'expert' on me...

I said"

FACT: His crime took place in Wharton County...

FACT: He was picked up in COLORADO COUNTY BY COLORADO COUNTY ENFORCEMENT... It was not in Wharton County where he was picked up, therefor, the investigation wasn't continued until Wharton sheriff(s) could come pick him up, which by then the alcohol may have been out of his system...

What does that suggest?

Geez, like I said, READ BETWEEN THE LINES, Mr. Expert...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:05 PM
And by the way, thanks for the compliments...

RAIDER96
10-09-2003, 01:07 PM
GO HAL!!!!!!!!!

jason
10-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Hal I. Tosis:
I've sat back quitely reading your posts the past three days. Man, you've got to be the smartest human being alive! I mean, you're an expert high school, college, and pro football analyst. You're an expert policeman, and an expert person with a law degree and knows criminal law dealing with manslaughter! Get a life! These comments you keep making about WHAT IF someone (child) had been in the parking lot? What is that? You could "what if" any scenario you can possibly think of, but that isn't what happened in Wharton Friday night. Furthermore, there were absolutely NO charges filed regarding alcohol of any kind! Know the facts before popping off. It's young people like you that pops off about things you don't know about and people you don't know that later changes your "tune" when something sad happens to you. I agree with Matthew, let it go and move on to your "mighty" Gobblers. It would probably be a pleasure for you to meet Roark himself someday, so that you, too, could see the great character he posesses. There's a reason the Roarks are so highly thought of here in Cuero. They're good people from a great family. Let it go, because the WHOLE truth concerning this incident might shock you. eek! he just gets lucky 99% of the time :D :D

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I think you guys have a case of the brown-nose, that's all...

This isn't the 'Dukes of Hazzard', this is the real world...

The Roarks are very good people, including Rusty...

Like I've said a thousand times, I think he wouldn't have done what he did it given one more second...

BUT, it was a stupid thing he did, and 5 newspapers and two news channels will not lie about the situation...

You Rice people are just 'too' thin-skinned and don't wanna jeopardize your chances at a state title this year...

Grow some morals... then maybe you can grow-up...

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Hal I. Tosis
10-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Like I said, know the facts. By the way, the Wharton cops did not pick up Roark that night, or the next morning, or any time since then. He was processed at Columbus, released the same night. If he was "drunk" or drinking as you have insinuated, are you now saying the Columbus cops are corrupt for releasing him. You're better off leaving this thing alone before you insert your foot in your mouth any further. Like I said, you'll be amazed at the inaccuracies of the Wharton paper story later on. Find something else to discuss, like the Gobblers, something you obviously know about. And leave the "what ifs" to the proper authorities.

RAIDER96
10-09-2003, 01:16 PM
We can win without rusty. For sure if we play the Gobblers. Oh yea BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:16 PM
YOU ARE IGNORANT... READ WHAT I SAID AGAIN, IT'S RIGHT INFRONT OF YOUR FREAKING EYES...

I did not say the police were corrupt, I just said the scene of the crime took place in Wharton County, therefor Colorado County's only purpose was to 'hold him', not breathalize him...

Geez, you're a moron...

And they didn't let him go, he was 'bailed' out, my GOSH you're a freaking idiot...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:21 PM
YEs, you can do very well without Rusty, ya'll are a VERY good team and VERY talented and VERY well coached...

Hopefully you guys can get to state a win it this year... By State I mean the final game in the Division 2 bracket... Remember that from the playoffs last year?

Okay, what you do is you get a few more rounds and you play the last team besides you in your division and whoever wins is a state champion... Since you hadn't 'been there' and 'done that', I thought I'd let you know...

Good luck Raiders, and stop being so thin-skinned about things...

Hal I. Tosis
10-09-2003, 01:31 PM
I also noticed you keep saying that this is Rice's year to win it all, so they're doing all they can to keep the team in tact. And that they don't have much coming up. Are you crazy? Rice's JV beat Cuero 38-14 and have won 32 of their last 33 games! Their top four leading tacklers THIS year are all juniors. Their top rusher (#32) Huffman, who you saw, is a junior also. Plus the soph. class at Rice is very talented. Plus their kickers and punters are soph. and juniors. They didn't decline to play Cuero's 9th as you've said. Rice doesn't have a separate 9th team. There's only 70 total kids in the entire 9th class at Rice, including only 30 boys. Rice 9th did not play Wharton instead of playing yall. They simply put the freshmen in against yall's JV and scored twice in the second half. Plus, almighty Gobbla, Rice, from what I've been told by their coaches, will be 2A next year with less than 380 staudents in high school. They actually might have as good of a chance next fall as this fall. Stop talking out of your arse about stuff you neither know or understand. By the way, Rice's JV is now 5-0 and has outsored opponents 179-30. Doesn't sound like a program on their "final fling", does it?

Hal I. Tosis
10-09-2003, 01:34 PM
And by the way Gobb, none of the varsity coaches here at Cuero have coached in a state game either, and don't give me that Mathis answer either! Rice has 6 of their seven varsity coaches that have played in and/or coached in THE state championship game. Comments?

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
When is the last time we crowned a JV state champion? We only had 4 senior starters returning TOTAL this year so we're starting a LOT of sophmores and juniors, which takes away from the JV...

Am I going to have to start speaking 'pre-k' language with you here because you can't 'read between the lines'...

I said LAST GREAT SHOT, not LAST SHOT, there's a difference between a GREAT shot and a SHOT to me...

Number TWO, I never said the Rice FISH played the WHARTON JV... I said THE CUERO FISH played the WHARTON JV (yet again, READDDDDDDDDDDDDING is all it takes)...

Number Three: 17 freshmen out for football, whether you're 1A or 5A isn't too good if you ask me...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:37 PM
So, I don't care what our coaches have done in the state, this isn't a 'coaching' board... Fact is this guy wants to talk about 'been there' and 'done that' when your program hasn't been anywhere...

Hal I. Tosis
10-09-2003, 01:43 PM
You're like a woman Gobbla, no one can argue with you because you have all the answers on every subject. No wonder Littleton kept you on the bench. And don't give that BS that you had all-state players in front of you. Cuero wasn't very good then. Besides, don't claim to part of the almighty Cuero tradition, the years when they kicked tail, you were crabbin. True?

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:48 PM
Let's see, NOPE... I was in Cuero for the title run in '98 though we came up short... My mother was there in '70, my 2nd cousin graduated in '76, suffered his only defeat in his last game at state... Had a few relatives on the 80 teams, dunno about 93, but do about 98... So basically, I've inherited the right to claim the Cuero tradition... DON'T BE JEALOUS...

Wasn't behind any all-staters, but they were better than me, and I've never admitted to being a GREAT ATHLETE (dunno where you got that from, don't think your inability to read between the lines could even conjure that one up)...

And I'm not like a woman, anyone with eyes could tell by reading that what you're saying is totally different than what I said...

Oh, and we weren't very good then when I was in school? 11-3, 11-4, 8-4 (okay not that good) and 9-2? If that's not good what is it?

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Downsouth
10-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Hal and Gobbla where's the love? These two schools have a mutual respect for each other. Why are we discussing the past? How about "Good Luck Gobbla" and "You too Hal". Both schools are playing well right now. Be glad both of you have a reason to go to the stadium on Friday night. 0-5 sucks!

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
I've been talking up Rice all year, ask ANYONE on this board, I have a GREAT respect for them and their coaches (most of them have either been through Cuero as coaches or as players)... But this guy has taken almost every word I've said, mixed it up and has put it out there as what I said... Just gettin' a little ticked at his ignorance...

Hal I. Tosis
10-09-2003, 01:54 PM
You're right man. Just want the "expert" to lay off about the law stuff and the manslaughter stuff that he knows VERY little about, in this case. Besides, Rice has demonstrated quite well the last four times they lined up against Cuero who now has the finer program. And that's with less than 400 students against a school with 750 plus. I'm done arguing, heavy people have too much air!

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 02:00 PM
Last 4 times? You've only played us 3 times... Ya'll have a very talented program...

Never said I was an expert...

If you read the paper the cop says he bailed when the vehicle was veering towords a group of cars (or however he put it)... My thought is he was fish-tailing and pulled out and that's what it looked like... But if they felt like 'throwing the book' they could get him with it just like that... All manslaughter takes is the intent to seriously injure or kill with little or no thought...

Did take business and law....

RAIDER96
10-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Hal I. Tosis:
You're like a woman Gobbla, no one can argue with you because you have all the answers on every subject. No wonder Littleton kept you on the bench. And don't give that BS that you had all-state players in front of you. Cuero wasn't very good then. Besides, don't claim to part of the almighty Cuero tradition, the years when they kicked tail, you were crabbin. True?We have been to cuero and done that! thank you. And done it well. Talking about remembering play offs ....who knocked cuero out last year?

underware
10-09-2003, 02:23 PM
I've got your back Gobbla!!! :mad:

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Just because you beat us in an 'important' game just ONCE, doesn't really give you the 'been there done that' credibility... That means you beat us 28-13? WOWWWWWWWW...

Geez, I've admitted it 50 times that Rice is a GREAT team and has a GREAT shot at state... You Rice people (not all, just a lot) don't know how to handle success... CHRIST!

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

RAIDER96
10-09-2003, 02:30 PM
OK I've had enough too. Cureo does have a good team and so does rice and bunch of other schools. So lets go out and kick butt Friday night. This is all in fun and got a little out of hand. I know Rusty was wrong , I just wish that if it had to happen it would've been somewhere besides Wharton. I know that sounds crazy but I have no respect for the Wharton school, players or coaches they remind me of an old sealy team. They are good and should act like it. They are a true example of bad spportsmanship. Sorry I guess I just stirred some ----. Lets move on.

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 02:35 PM
I've always wondered. What does Cuero call their Junior High team? "The Chirpers?"

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 02:43 PM
RAIDER, check your self-titled topic, adressed you there, Thanks...

PAINTBALL - I hear back in the late 60's (maybe Old Green can tell you more) that our other teams had different names, I believe the Jr. High might have been the Egg-Shells or something...

But when we got Buster Gilbreth in I believe '69 he changed ALL Cuero teams names to Gobblers... So we're all Gobblers...

Ranger Mom
10-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Hal I. Tosis:
You're like a woman Gobbla, no one can argue with you because you have all the answers on every subject.eek! I beg your pardon eek! (You don't EVEN want to make this a "gender" thing!!!)

Gobbla...you "da man". All of us old-timers know it, it just takes the "newbie scrubs" a little longer to catch on to your way of thinking!! :D

You keep us on our toes!! :p

Downsouth
10-09-2003, 02:55 PM
You remember that time 5,10,15 years ago we had that good football team? My dad can beat up your dad. My mom's better looking! How can we spend so much energy living in the past. How about playing football on Friday. Losers talk about the past because that's all they have. Blow the whistle and let the games begin. Last time I checked no coach at Rice or Cuero made any tackles or catches last week. You know the story, "When you win it's great athletes and when you loose it's poor coaching."

Old Green
10-09-2003, 04:40 PM
PAINTBALL:
I've always wondered. What does Cuero call their Junior High team? "The Chirpers?"Paintball. When I was in Jr. High we were called EGGSHELLS. HeHe! True Story

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Old Green:

PAINTBALL:
I've always wondered. What does Cuero call their Junior High team? "The Chirpers?"Paintball. When I was in Jr. High we were called EGGSHELLS. HeHe! True StoryLoL

I think it is is Brownsville that are the Red Ants. I wonder if they call their Junior High team the piss ants.

Old Green
10-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Gobbla2001:
RAIDER, check your self-titled topic, adressed you there, Thanks...

PAINTBALL - I hear back in the late 60's (maybe Old Green can tell you more) that our other teams had different names, I believe the Jr. High might have been the Egg-Shells or something...

But when we got Buster Gilbreth in I believe '69 he changed ALL Cuero teams names to Gobblers... So we're all Gobblers...You are correct Gobbla.

Old Green
10-09-2003, 05:20 PM
PAINTBALL:

Old Green:

PAINTBALL:
I've always wondered. What does Cuero call their Junior High team? "The Chirpers?"Paintball. When I was in Jr. High we were called EGGSHELLS. HeHe! True StoryLoL

I think it is is Brownsville that are the Red Ants. I wonder if they call their Junior High team the piss ants.Paintball. the Red Ants are from Progreso.32-3A Team. I like that mascot though.

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Old Green:

PAINTBALL:

Old Green:

PAINTBALL:

I think it is is Brownsville that are the Red Ants. I wonder if they call their Junior High team the piss ants.Paintball. the Red Ants are from Progreso.32-3A Team. I like that mascot though.You're right. When I see the name of a high school mascot, I just think it is sometimes funny to make up a name for the junior high team. The red ants baffled me until I came up with the piss ants.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 10:37 PM
What's the junior high mascot Burnet? They call 'em the Burnet BullSh#$s?? Haha, just kiddin' man...

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Gobbla2001:
What's the junior high mascot Burnet? They call 'em the Burnet BullSh#$s?? Haha, just kiddin' man...That's easy. The Bull Pups

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Hal I. Tosis:
You're like a woman Gobbla, no one can argue with you because you have all the answers on every subject. No wonder Littleton kept you on the bench. And don't give that BS that you had all-state players in front of you. Cuero wasn't very good then. Besides, don't claim to part of the almighty Cuero tradition, the years when they kicked tail, you were crabbin. True?WOW!!!
"You're like a woman Gobbla, no one can argue with you because you have all the answers on every subject."
How did this statement slip by Ya Ya?

In defense of Gobbla(he doesn't need it, though)...
Hal I. Tosis, you misconstrued almost everything Gobbla said, and when he called you on it you decided to change topics trying to get under his skin. When that didn't work you decided to end the argument? Very mature...
Hal I. Tosis you got your butt handed to you.
Nice job Gobbla.

tomthall
10-10-2003, 12:38 AM
how about them - people.

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: tomthall ]</small>