PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley v. LH; game of the week. Who do you think will win?

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Man. I cant wait until the boys in the red, white and navy blue strap up to go to war on friday night. Yea, there is all this hype about how LH puts up all these huge numbers, and congrats to them for that, but they havent gone up against this rowdy texan defense. The texan defense has stopped two of the states top running backs for embarrassing numbers and they have the best pass defense in the district if not the best in the state. I think this is going to be a really good game cause both teams are undefeated in district and this game will decide who gets the number one spot. Wimberley 42 LH 35 GO BIG BLUE!

olddawggreen
10-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Liberty Hill will win this one.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm going to have to go with my Panthers.

Dagwood, question - what two top backs (and teams) are you referring to?

(More thoughts on this matchup will be later in the week.)

11TARPON
10-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Stands to be a great game to watch. When two undefeated teams play for the district title the adrenoline takes over and many times the team records go out the window. Good luck to both teams.

District303aPastPlayer
10-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Dagwood
... and they have the best pass defense in the district if not the best in the state...

VERY BOLD STATEMENT ALERT!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 04:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... and they have the best pass defense in the district if not the best in the state...

Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
VERY BOLD STATEMENT ALERT!!!!!

LOL! Man, I guess we're going to have to come up with an offensive game plan other than our overwhelming passing game. :D

sinton66
10-23-2004, 04:30 PM
I haven't really seen either of these two teams play, and really am not that familiar with what they have done against common opponents, so I'm going to reserve the right to comment after I learn a little more. That said, LH looks to be on a quality roll.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Before last night's games, LH led Central Texas schools, all classes in offense including private schools, averaging 548.4 yds/game. Wimberley's defense was 3rd in CenTex, 2nd if you leave of private schools, only allowing 176.7 yds/game (939 total rush for the year).

The only common opponents so far are Brady (LH 47-7, W 37-0) & Bandera (LH 70-13, W 28-3).

On paper, this looks to be a good game & will possibly decide the district champion.

sinton66
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Based on the common opponent theory only, looks like LH by 21-30. That can be deceiving however because of injuries, etc. I prefer to use season total scores thus far, and figure the games using a points for/points against ratio.

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 07:56 PM
LHPANTHERMOM, Question- Why does LH always have to run the score up? Wimberley could do the exact same thing but they obviously have a little more class. Lastnight they were up on ingram 37-7 at half whigh was eventually the final score. Yeah you have had all those rushing yards but you havent faced a defense like wimberleys. Devine, Paul Whitehead-31car for 89 yrds, 5 for negative yards and in the first four games they played before us he had 500 rushing yrds and only played in the first half in all four games. Brady, Channing Booker Coming in the game against us lead the state in rushing and was averaging 11.3 yds per carry coming into the game and we held him to 4.1 yds per carry and and was 18carrys-73yrds, 2 rushes for negative yrds.

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-23-2004, 08:44 PM
What good is your marvelous pass defense going to do you against LH? Did Devine have 3 (three) 1,000. yard rushers in the same backfield? Now, if you stopped a team with 3 backs like that
then consider yourself a good defense! Please advise your wonderful defense to eat their Wheaties, they will be on the field awhile.:D ;)

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 08:52 PM
I can't pick against my old Coach, Weldon Nelms. Wimberly by 4. Nelms will figure a way to win this one.

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 09:01 PM
GREAT BIG BURNET FAN: They may have three of the top rushers in the state but only one of those backs can get the ball at a time!

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I can't answer about the score. I'm not privy to any game plans nor can I read the coaches' minds. I don't even have a varsity player.

As far as Booker leading the state, I've seen varying information on his stats and others in the state, which lead me to believe he was not #1, just based on what I've found.

Most likely our team has not faced a defense this year such as Wimberley's - the yardage allowed per game is very impressive. I'll have to say that most likely Wimberley has not faced an offense such as ours to date this year. I think Friday will most likely be one of the best, most hard fought 3a games in the state.

BIGHANK
10-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Liberty Hill seems to be wreckin so i predict that they will come out on top

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 09:09 PM
GREAT BIG BURNET FAN: They may have three of the top rushers in the state but only one of those backs can get the ball at a time!

But how do you tell which of the 3 has the ball? :D Or, it might even be the QB, you never know. ;)

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Dagwood, If'n you happen to visit with Coach Nelms or Coach Dick Smith over a Sandwich ;) sometime this week tell them we said "Hello" from up here in Iowa Park. We miss them and their families too. :)

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 09:30 PM
True we may not have faced an offense "Like" LH , but we have faced more balanced attacks. Those teams could throw and run, and we stuffed both sides. If you are not able to move the ball on the ground, how will you move the ball? With your famed passing game? It's a real shame that you have to score so many points on offense, because you don't have a defense. I could go forever but I don't want to have you cry before the game.

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Greenmonster: I will definitely tell the coaches yall said hi.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't want to have you cry before the game.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that won't happen. I have faith in our team, but it is up to them to play the game.

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Also let us not forget you have a borrowed offense. Your head-coach was just an understudy to SMHS head coach BUSH and we have the film and schemes that teams have used to stop your goofy offense. So bring your offense down to Wimberley and after the game you can enjoy the light on the drive home. The ones on the score-board will read "YOU LOST" .

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Manor stayed with you, you couldn't even manage to hurt Llano the way Brady did, and you think you will actually have the ball enough to score 40+ points? 1st off our defense will not give up that many points or yards. Our offense has a much more balanced attack then LH, we get the ball on average to 12 different players every game. you have 4 if you include your QB, we have 12 on average. I wonder how you will know who to cover? Maybe your eyes and hope we just go away, oh that's right you have to go away all the way back to Liberty-Hill.

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 10:00 PM
The only way you will get through our line is to dig a hole and go under it. While you're down there fill it in, because we will bury you anyway.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:02 PM
And?

Chris Hart
10-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Gobbler2001 definately isn't needed this week, lol. This should indeed be a great game.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:08 PM
You're right about that, Chris! But, it's pretty much one-sided smack.

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Smack? No, Truths. Just like Devine you are an untested team. You are over rated and the Un-American Statesman loves to write about you in hopes of getting advertising $'s from your town.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Also let us not forget you have a borrowed offense. Your head-coach was just an understudy to SMHS head coach BUSH and we have the film and schemes that teams have used to stop your goofy offense. So bring your offense down to Wimberley and after the game you can enjoy the light on the drive home. The ones on the score-board will read "YOU LOST" .

I'm just wondering - did your coaches not have game film last year? Or the year before?

Chris Hart
10-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You're right about that, Chris! But, it's pretty much one-sided smack. Yeah, I noticed that LH Panther Mom. Dagwood is filling in very nicely for Gobbla this week.;)

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Yeah, I noticed that LH Panther Mom. Dagwood is filling in very nicely for Gobbla this week.;)

Hey...are you saying I didn't hold up my end? :D (I admit, I'm pathetic - at least at the quick comebacks with Gobbla.)

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 10:41 PM
No, our projector is broken, us poor people in wimberley cant afford to buy a new one. Our last two years were our down years. And now that we have gotten used to our new offense, you better hope that yalls rewind button on your projector works cause you might learn how to pass.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Good one. LOL

jv_player6
10-23-2004, 10:56 PM
im goin to have to go w/ dagwood on this one wimberley will shut down LH's running game and we do have the best pass D. wimberley's LB's biddle and harwell are goin to SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!! they will have to pass and we wil shut that down to the only thing LH can do is watch wimberley win!!!!!!1

that is the only thing they will be able to do!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Smack? No, Truths. Just like Devine you are an untested team. You are over rated and the Un-American Statesman loves to write about you in hopes of getting advertising $'s from your town.

Ha! I don't think any of our advertisers can afford the rates. It cost enough just to get the sports writers to write about us.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jv_player6
im goin to have to go w/ dagwood on this one wimberley will shut down LH's running game and we do have the best pass D. wimberley's LB's biddle and harwell are goin to SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!! they will have to pass and we wil shut that down to the only thing LH can do is watch wimberley win!!!!!!1

that is the only thing they will be able to do!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE

It's a good think you're on JV, so you won't be out on the field Friday with the 4-headed monster!

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Man. I cant wait until the boys in the red, white and navy blue strap up to go to war on friday night. Yea, there is all this hype about how LH puts up all these huge numbers, and congrats to them for that, but they havent gone up against this rowdy texan defense. The texan defense has stopped two of the states top running backs for embarrassing numbers and they have the best pass defense in the district if not the best in the state. I think this is going to be a really good game cause both teams are undefeated in district and this game will decide who gets the number one spot. Wimberley 42 LH 35 GO BIG BLUE!
*I know this has been mentioned before but I can't help myself*
I guess you guys are preparing for Liberty Hill's three 1000 yard passers?:D
Too much fun!:p
Dagwood, you need to change the "From:" in your profile from "Unknown" to Wimberley. Because the whole state now knows you are from Wimberley.;)
I'll predict LH will pull off a squeaker 35-14.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Christz/Christz_pillepalle.gif

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 11:43 PM
SF, you're too generous. 14?

Chris Hart
10-23-2004, 11:44 PM
SF, you're too generous. 14? That's the spirit!:)

Dagwood
10-23-2004, 11:46 PM
LOL. Good one. If yall let manor score 50, then you better hope your defense is all rested up cause they are gonna have a loooong game.
:D

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:59 PM
SF, you're too generous. 14?
awwwwww mannnnnnnnnn
We're gonna get you talkin smack yet!http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/mad.gif

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey, how do you get one of those team logos such as LH PANTHER MOM?

SoulTaker_IP
10-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Well, it all depends if wimberly's offense can get the job done, i think they can pull it out

Wimberly - 17
LH - 3

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Oh, but Manor was weeks ago. Our defense has definitely stepped it up since then. Stats get blown off the charts after games against us.

You'll know the meaning of "Thunderstruck" Friday night.

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:07 AM
And if you go to the game on friday you will find out what "Code Red" means.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey, how do you get one of those team logos such as LH PANTHER MOM?

Which one? The Panther or my son?

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:09 AM
And if you go to the game on friday you will find out what "Code Red" means.

Isn't that a Mountain Dew drink?

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:09 AM
I dont know if yall heard, but the toughest thing on two feet is....A TEXAN!!!:D

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Maybe, but the 4-headed Monster has 8 feet! And 4 heads are always better than 1.

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:12 AM
At least you have one good thing going for yall....Counting!;)

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:13 AM
If you play nice, we'll teach ya'll how to count as well. :p

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Youll see what code red is on the field and in the stands just make sure you go to the game on friday so they can have someone there to wipe their tears.

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I like code red. One time I opened a shook-up one on my new carpet and I had a sniffle, but I didn't cry. Even after I woke up with the frying pan on the floor next to my head.;)

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Youll see what code red is on the field and in the stands just make sure you go to the game on friday so they can have someone there to wipe their tears. I can see you are new on here......I almost thought you were from Burnet!!! (inside joke) Beware of too much bragging....it has been the "curse" of many a team on here! And stop picking on our "Mom"....you don't want the other "Moms" on your case!!!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Youll see what code red is on the field and in the stands just make sure you go to the game on friday so they can have someone there to wipe their tears.

Okay, how many players does Wimberley have so I'll know how many boxes of Kleenexes to buy for them. Although, I have to say, I've never seen anyone cry red tears & I might feel a little uncomfortable wiping the tears of all those Texan players that I don't know. :eek: :devil:

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Bandera YA Y, Question- What place in district are yall in again?

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I can see you are new on here......I almost thought you were from Burnet!!! (inside joke) Beware of too much bragging....it has been the "curse" of many a team on here! And stop picking on our "Mom"....you don't want the other "Moms" on your case!!!!! :D
*shhhh*
This is "smack training" for LH Panther Mom.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/kult.gif

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
*shhhh*
This is "smack training" for LH Panther Mom.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/kult.gif

:eek: And all this time, that's what I thought I was doing with Gobbla! :eek: :weeping:

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Bandera YA Y, Question- What place in district are yall in again? Gee, I don't know.....maybe last....oh well.....we had our ride in 2002....YOU??????? :p

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 12:39 AM
*shhhh*
This is "smack training" for LH Panther Mom.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/kult.gif I know, I could teach her alot!!!! LOL!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Gee, I don't know.....maybe last....oh well.....we had our ride in 2002....YOU??????? :p

No, ma'm. Bandera is in the race for the 3rd spot to the playoffs. Go, YaYa's...I mean Bulldogs!

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 12:40 AM
:eek: And all this time, that's what I thought I was doing with Gobbla! :eek: :weeping:
He's not here so I'm just filling in...:p

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 12:41 AM
LH PANTHER MOM, Question- Why dont you come talk smack when your kid actually makes it to varsity. And meanwhile you should go tuck your kid into bed and get some sleep cause it sounds like you are losing your mind!

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 12:42 AM
I know, I could teach her alot!!!! LOL!!! :D
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Can I watch?lol:D

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 12:42 AM
No, ma'm. Bandera is in the race for the 3rd spot to the playoffs. Go, YaYa's...I mean Bulldogs!

:eek: :D

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 12:45 AM
LH PANTHER MOM, Question- Why dont you come talk smack when your kid actually makes it to varsity. And meanwhile you should go tuck your kid into bed and get some sleep cause it sounds like you are losing your mind! Oh brother.......why don't YOU get back in your crib and leave the adults alone. You are starting to dribble on eveything here........ :p

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 12:45 AM
I had one on varsity - registered after the end of his last season. I try to get folks to talk Jr. High smack, but everyone's scared of me. So, I just have to pick on the poor defenseless Varsity folks for now.

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 12:50 AM
Go MOMS!!!!!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 01:02 AM
To be continued....

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 01:04 AM
gni...
cyall manana(where's the "tilde" key?)...

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2004, 01:08 AM
gni...
cyall manana(where's the "tilde" key?)...

~

clayalan
10-24-2004, 03:06 AM
Dagwood.........SHUT UP!!!! Youre making an A$$ out of yourself and making Wimberley look bad by talking so much crap. I want W to win too but am i talking shnit? NO. Panther mom has always been a good sport. shut your mouth and leave her alone. tough guy. I thought we had only one village idiot. Now that Im done with dipwood, Ive said this a hundred times WHS has to play perfect, flawless football. Score every time we have the ball. Cause 2 or 3 turnovers. Stack 9 in the box and blitz till the cows come home. W is good enough to beat LH. If both teams play their game it should be a close one. Not going to make any score predictions. Just the thoughts of an old band nerd. TUBA.

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by clayalan
Dagwood.........SHUT UP!!!! Youre making an A$$ out of yourself and making Wimberley look bad by talking so much crap. I want W to win too but am i talking shnit? NO. Panther mom has always been a good sport. shut your mouth and leave her alone. tough guy. I thought we had only one village idiot. Now that Im done with dipwood, Ive said this a hundred times WHS has to play perfect, flawless football. Score every time we have the ball. Cause 2 or 3 turnovers. Stack 9 in the box and blitz till the cows come home. W is good enough to beat LH. If both teams play their game it should be a close one. Not going to make any score predictions. Just the thoughts of an old band nerd. TUBA. Hey, I'd take a band nerd over an obnoxious jock ANY day of the week!!! No one is hearing you Dagwood !!!! lalalalalalalalalalalalalal :tongue: :D

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Im not trying to single anybody out and i think LH PANTHER MOM knows that I am refering to the football team and she is dishing them back out at me. Im sorry that I have to let everyone know that W is the better team and they ARE gonna win. Its all in fun buddy. By the way I am gonna keep talking smack cause its fun and it gets everyone excited for the game on friday. But i do agree with you on that they are both gonna have to play their best games if they want to win. GO TEXANS

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Now that's better!! Now you sound intelligent!! Good luck, should be a great game!!! :D

11TARPON
10-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Fine and dandy. However, if your team loses make sure you don't disappear afterwards.

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 10:13 AM
I apologize for my second to last post. That wasnt necessary, but if Liberty Hill happens to win, then i will put my hands together and applaud. But i highly doubt that will happen. So, until then......BRING IT ON!

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Talking smack indeed can cause quite a commotion and stir people up. It also makes you look like the back half of a horse. Man, I really don't know much about Wimberly... but I for sure am pulling for Liberty Hill now... LOL...

This is one I want to follow up for potential crow pie on Saturday..

Dagwood
10-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey slpybear- Can you tell me how to get a logo like yours?

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2004, 10:52 AM
(Sounds like he's trying to kiss **** already!!...hehehehehe) :D :rolleyes:

sinton66
10-24-2004, 10:52 AM
If you're speaking of his bear avatar, you have to have 1500 posts before you can have a custom avatar.

purplenails
10-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Dagwood, This is purple one. who many times can you get hit in the mouth before you fall on your a$$? this is what l.h. does to great d's. ANY QUESTIONS! ..this is a little help for l.h. panther mom. not that you need it.

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2004, 12:22 PM

1.) Have a great, great bunch of friends who hang a nickname on you many years ago. (shameless plug to some guys who are the best)

2.) Come to the Downlow and put up 1,500 posts.

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi Dagmouth opps. that wasn't nice, Dagwwood,
I didn't realize that Wimberley had graduated every single player and brought in a completely new team. Because I just noticed that last years team LOST BIG (46-19) to Liberty Hill. Oh yes, young man I fully realize that the game last year was indeed last year. As has been said this Texan team is better than last years team. Oh, wait a minute, has it occured to you that this years Liberty Hill team MIGHT BE BETTER than last years team TOO.

Dagwood, I have question for you. Just in case that this weeks game doesn't turn out as you so elequently said it will, will you
then have the intestinal fortitude to come back and admit you were wrong? Have a safe game for both teams and a hard
fought game at that.

LHMom
10-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Oh, but Manor was weeks ago. Our defense has definitely stepped it up since then. Stats get blown off the charts after games against us.

You'll know the meaning of "Thunderstruck" Friday night.

YEAH BABY!

jv_player6
10-25-2004, 07:23 PM
im goin to have to be with dagwood on this one wimberley is goin to come out w/ the "W" wimberleys D is goin to kill the running game of LH and they will have to go to the passing game they dont have. wimberleys LB biddle and harwell are goin to hold LH to minimal yrds and the DBs get block any pass they try throw.

im goin to have to say wimberley 42 LH 35

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LHMom
10-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Needless to say, I'm going with LH. Wimberley may score more on us than other teams have, but I don't think they're going to stop our awesome offense. The boys are ready to take the district title!!!!!!!!!!!

Dagwood
10-26-2004, 12:40 AM
I think this game is going to come down to who wants it more and from what im hearing around town it sounds like the guys over here in wimber ley want the district championship pretty dang bad. I hope those purple pussycats are gonna be ready to strap on the gloves cause its gonna be a brawl.

Dagwood
10-26-2004, 12:43 AM
If wimberley may score more than any other team LH has played, then we may score more than 50; and i know they wont score that many points against wimberleys defense.

Bandera YaYa
10-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Do you like ketchup or mustard with your crow??????? :D

clayalan
10-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Wow look at this our District finally has something worth talking about. Well as i dont share my fellow Texans enthusiasm of being able to crush LHs BIG O, I do however think we can win. Completely shutting down LH's O is hard to do even with a tough D like W's. When you have on offense that pounds the ball relentlessly all night at your front 7, it can wear you down. Now, the D can hold off the offense long enough to keep Wimberley in the game. WE HAVE TO; i'll say it again; HAVE TO go TD for TD with them or it WILL be a blow out. Our D is good ,very good but even a good D has a hard time stopping a running game like this one. Llano held on for a while then that Offense finally took its toll. Thats when it bites you. it nibbles, nibbles, nibbles then takes a big bite. LH reminds me ALOT of Coach Nelms's old offense in 93 when we went to semi-finals. They had about five backs that could run like wild men. They would take small chunks of yards untill a hole would finally open up, and then it was out the gate. I cant wait till Friday night. If we play OUR football this will be a great game. LHMOM and others going to W, drive safe we need every soul we can get in the stands.

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Way to go clayalan,
Finally, a voice of reason in Wimberley!!:clap: :clap:

purplenails
10-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Great post.Just like every other team tihs year w. will hang for a while but l.h. will win.

clayalan
10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Whoever wins it will be a barn burner, you just cant blow out a team like LH. It will come down to who has more fight in them. GO BIG BLUE.

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Okay, here's the deal. There are not a lot of posters here from our district, since Burnet moved up. Bandera YaYa & I are the most active. LHMom posts every week, Purplenails occasionally. Wimberley has 3 or 4 semi-regular posters. Gobbla wanted to be the poster from our opponents so there would be some type of conversation about our games. These were friendly smack-downs. Llano, Ingram & Brady have NO posters here (or none that I've seen).

The smack talk between Dagwood & I was the same variety. I think most of ya'll know from reading my posts that I don't get into serious trash talk. I would never have responded to him otherwise - we agreed up front.

Dagwood, you might've been right about me losing my mind, though. :D

Clayalan, you're right - it will definitely be a good game.

11TARPON
10-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Liberty Hill has much more to lose by losing this game. LH will close out the game strong.

WTtexanf_ball06
10-26-2004, 10:27 PM
im not gonna talk trash on here. all i have to say is that it will not be a blow out like everybody says it will be. wimberley's defense is good enough to hang with LH's offense but clayalan has a very good point. LH's offense is designed to get a solid 3 or 4 yards a pop at the least. but then their runningbacks are so big that they break those tackles and turn 4 or 5 yard runs into 60 yard runs. wimberley will have to score EVERY SINGLE TIME they are on offense. if we are lucky maybe we can get up by 14 or 21 possibly and prepare ourselfs for when their offense does wear down our defense. becuase it will happen. but then again wimberley will have to force a few turnovers and convert to touchdowns. another thing that plays into this is the fact that LH has a lot more pressure on themselves becuase since burnet has moved up to 4a and it left LH a chance at winning a district title then everybodies eyes are all of a sudden on LH and are expecting them to prevail. wimberley does have some pressure on themselves becuase they will find out how good they really are but nonetheless if they dont win then they still have a shot at second and are already in the playoffs. (and to add one more thing IF wimberley does win this game it shoudl give them a lot more respect then they have and if they lose it doesnt matter because they dont get any respect from anybody anyways)with all that said one thing both teams will benefit from is that it will give both teams a good hard fought game to toughen them up for playoffs. and on a further note IF wimberley does end up on top late in the fourth and LH is forced to pass they will be in trouble because wimberley has the best secondary in the state.. and thats a fact. Good luck to both teams for a injury free night and i hope both teams will play to their potential on both sides of the so we can really see how good both teams are(because i know if wimberleys offense plays bad then this one could get really ugly really quick). CODE RED!!!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2004, 10:29 PM
:clap: :clap:

(For the record, I'm not expecting a blow-out.)

WTtexanf_ball06
10-26-2004, 11:21 PM
well everybody on texasprepxtra thinks it will be a blowout and some other people on here do because they are just going by LH's success and not really taking a good look at both teams. i hope it is a great game!!!! CODE RED!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

Bandera YaYa
10-27-2004, 12:13 AM
Ok, let's just let this be settled on the turf....Good Luck to you both!! (especially LH!!) :D

Lucky#3
10-27-2004, 12:19 AM
ok it has been a while since i have posted anything and i was busy reading what everyone has said on this thread.

ok i tihnk that this is going to be the best game in 3a football for the year. LH has 3 players with 1,000 plus yards.. they had like 1500 yards in 2 games and threw the ball i think 1 or 2 times... Wimberley has a good pass defence but LH is a running team not a PASSING team... so if LH dose what the do best and that is run the ball and wimberley try's there hardest to stop it and manage to do so it is gonna be a battle to the end.. i think if these two teams play flawless football this game will be decided in the final 2 min. of the game... I want wimberley to win dont get me wrong but LH is a very good team and wimbeley has been having a great season and beat devine which was a big upset... L.H. has not really played a team that tested them and i think wimberley is just the team to do so... L.H. beat Vista Ridge 75-0 and Wimberley's J.V. team killed them as well and i think that if the J.V. team could kill a team that L.H.'s varsity team did too and Wimberley's Varsity is finally gonna give L.H. the challange that they havent had all season... this is going to be a great game and ill be there for sure!! my predictions will be either a blow out for one team or it is gonna come down to a fieldgoal...

AggieBob
10-27-2004, 12:23 AM
I remeber along long time ago....last year. When all of Wimberly hailed there awesome quaterback and how he was gunna rip LH a new one cause he was a bada$$ and he would cause LH had no pass defense. Needless to say that never happend...not even close. If there is one game this whole year theat every single person on the LH football team gets fired up about, EVEN THE COACHES, more than any other game, it's the wimberly game. The fans may think that Burnet is and was LH's rival but they are wrong. When LH gets ready for Wimberly the atmosphere in the locker room changes for that week of practice everybody is intensly focused on crushing the texans and there is NO better feeling than to BTHO wimberly for those football players...MARK MY WORDS! Whatever conception you might have about LH's Defense or there Offense as being flawed in any way than you are a fool. The most perfect football those boys from LH will ever play will be this week and wimberly WILL be beat...

11TARPON
10-27-2004, 02:47 AM
be carefull AggieBob, your standing too close to that bon-fire. Looks like it's tilting a little.

clayalan
10-27-2004, 08:58 AM
last year W was hagging with LH for a while, then W fell apart. It was down hill for W after that punt return fiasco. W cannot fall apart when things go bad. tell me this why does LH hate W so much? This must have happend recently because LH used to be a walk in the park for us when I played, and we werent that good. If anything LH fans (with the exception of a couple you know who you are) have turned in to some arrogant punks. And you cant deny it. I want to root for you guys in the playoffs but youre making it really hard. Just chill with the cocky attitudes, YOU TOO W BOYS.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2004, 09:58 AM
I don't honestly believe anyone actually hates Wimberley - it's more like the players get extremely fired up to beat Wimberley. And you're right about one thing - it did used to be a walk in the park, more like a stroll, to beat our team. The difference in our teams prior to 2001 season is confidence in themselves. Unfortunately, with that confidence, some folks learned cockiness as well.

Having a coaching staff that taught those players, in 2001 to now, HOW to have confidence in themselves is the key to the difference in the teams' level of play.

Bandera YaYa
10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
:clap: :clap: :cheerl: :D

LHMom
10-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Ok, let's just let this be settled on the turf....Good Luck to you both!! (especially LH!!) :D

I agree!

I also do not expect a blowout, but do expect LH to be victorious.

Keith7
10-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Liberty Hill will win this one easily.. Liberty Hill averages 51 points a game and is widely considered a state championship contender.. while Wimberly has lost 2 two 3A teams already (Iowa Park, and La Vernia).. you guys can sugar coat this post all you guys want because yall arefrom the 2 towns but this one will be a blow out.. mark my words Liberty Hill by 30

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Liberty Hill will win this one easily.. Liberty Hill averages 51 points a game and is widely considered a state championship contender.. while Wimberly has lost 2 two 3A teams already (Iowa Park, and La Vernia).. you guys can sugar coat this post all you guys want because yall arefrom the 2 towns but this one will be a blow out.. mark my words Liberty Hill by 30

:kiss: :kiss: :inlove:

Chris Hart
10-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Liberty Hill will win this one easily.. Liberty Hill averages 51 points a game and is widely considered a state championship contender.. while Wimberly has lost 2 two 3A teams already (Iowa Park, and La Vernia).. you guys can sugar coat this post all you guys want because yall arefrom the 2 towns but this one will be a blow out.. mark my words Liberty Hill by 30 :doh:

jv_player6
10-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Keith7 ? how do you know that this game will be a blow out wimberley is ready for this game we have the people and the skill to win this game we just have to play smart. no one knows how the game is goin to come out it comes down to who wants it more and i know that wimberley WANTS THIS WIN more than anything we are ready for this game and you will be suprised how wimberleys D is goin to shu tdown the run. and even if they do get tired we have so many playersto step in and get the job done. itsno tgoin to be a blow out i can tell you that. the boys in LH arent ready for a code red we are ready to play football.

J.V. will show them just a taste of that on thursday

wimberley will beat LH F J.V. and V

CODE RED

GO BIG BLUE

GOOD LUCK

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-28-2004, 07:51 AM
From an unbiased source, Jerry's "Texas High School Football Rankings", Liberty Hill by 3 points.:clap:

Keith7
10-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jv_player6
Keith7 ? how do you know that this game will be a blow out wimberley is ready for this game we have the people and the skill to win this game we just have to play smart. no one knows how the game is goin to come out it comes down to who wants it more and i know that wimberley WANTS THIS WIN more than anything we are ready for this game and you will be suprised how wimberleys D is goin to shu tdown the run. and even if they do get tired we have so many playersto step in and get the job done. itsno tgoin to be a blow out i can tell you that. the boys in LH arent ready for a code red we are ready to play football.

J.V. will show them just a taste of that on thursday

wimberley will beat LH F J.V. and V

CODE RED

GO BIG BLUE

GOOD LUCK

J.V. has nothing to do with Varsity... Drink all the Code Red you want but Libery Hill will come out on top by 30.. you'll see

COACHCOACH
10-29-2004, 10:32 AM
When you run across a team that believes in what they are doing and do it right it's hard to figure a way to stop them. Liberty Hill's offense is like a machine. From the lineman diving at ankles 15 yards downfield to the backs hitting the holes at fullspeed and carrying out their fakes. Liberty Hill's kids believe in what they are doing. It was very impressive to watch their offense at work. They work very well as a cohesive unit trying to acheive the same goal. THE ENDZONE! They may not have the athletes of Tyler Lee or Galena Park but they truly take pride in what they do and that is very dangerous. It would take a monstrous scheme and game from any defense to be able to stop the LH ground game. It's very difficult for a defense to be disciplined enough to stay home and read their keys. Especially when the ball is already 5 yards upfield when you realize who has it. LH has a great great offensive scheme going right now and it's running on all cylinders. In order for them to lose somebody has to stop their offensive lines surge. Create piles through collisions and don't allow the lineman to reach the second level and put a hat on your linebackers. Can't wait to see LH and Cuero!

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Coach, welcome to the board. You have hit the proverbial nail on the head. Except maybe Cuero & LH - I don't think they'll play each other.

WTtexanf_ball06
10-29-2004, 11:17 PM
keith7 you are full of crap. yeah you underestimated the wimberley texans and their defense. goes to show you that defense wins champioships. NOT OFFENSE. get that through your head. good job to both teams for a great game. District Champions!!!!!. CODE RED!!!!!!!.

PI-fan
10-29-2004, 11:54 PM
yeah he was a lil off :D

So what kind of running output did LH have?

Keith7
10-30-2004, 12:29 AM
umm i love to eat my crow with some code red

BlueCloud
10-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Congrats to Wimberley on the win!
:D

Sorry about the loss LH, better luck next time. See you soon in the playoffs. Go Tarps!

creditcard
10-30-2004, 10:52 AM
haha good call keith7 "Mr. know it all".....LH sure did win by 30

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by creditcard
haha good call keith7 "Mr. know it all".....LH sure did win by 30

:rolleyes:

Dagwood
10-30-2004, 11:21 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . Whos eating their words now! Wimberley has one of the best pass defenses in the state. Im sorry they had to find out with a LOSS, but i guess that is what is has to take and for all you that havent given wimberley any respect, WIMBERLEY DISTRICT CHAMPS BABY!

Dagwood
10-30-2004, 11:41 AM
I dont get it? If yall are soooo smart down there in LH, then why didnt yall stick with your running game? Oh yea, I know, because we shut them down! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can t help myself haha Wimberley district champs. OH YEAH

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2004, 11:43 AM
:rolleyes:

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-30-2004, 11:44 AM
WHEN YOU LEARN TO RESPECT PEOPLE, QUIT SHOOTING OFF YOU MOUTH LIKE A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD. THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL PEOPLE RESPECT YOU OR YOUR INFLATED EGO OF A TEAM.

WHEN YOU JERKS, LEARN TO TREAT PEOPLE THAT COME TO WIMBERLEY WITH THE RESPECT AND DIGNITY THAT THEY DESERVE,
AND QUIT TRYING TO HUMLIATE THEM, ONLY THEN WILL WIMBERLEY GET THE RESPECT IT MAY DESERVE!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Additionally DAGMOUTH,
I'd appreciate it you would print a copy of the letter to show to the businesses in BEAUTIFUL WIMBERLEY.

The town of Wimberley is very beautiful, situated in the hills. The river is known among fly fisherman as wonderful. The quaint shops are well known in the area.

However, my family remember the BAD SPORTSMANSHIP we've seen time and again. We, because of that will not come to Wimberley and spend our money because of people like you.

GROW UP KID!!:mad:

Dagwood
10-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Wimberley is a great place to visit and we welcome anybody who wants to come and visit this great town. greatbigburnetfan, you have no room to talk. Burnet is always talking some sort of mess. As for class, I take my hat off to LH, they played their hearts out but came up a little short. They are a good team and good luck in the playoffs.

Keith7
10-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Wimberley is a great place to visit and we welcome anybody who wants to come and visit this great town. greatbigburnetfan, you have no room to talk. Burnet is always talking some sort of mess. As for class, I take my hat off to LH, they played their hearts out but came up a little short. They are a good team and good luck in the playoffs.

my team served burnet thier crow last season very easily.. you just gotta know we already feel stupid for what we said w/ out u rubbin it in.. good job on the win.. the Mountain Dew really opened some eyes

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Dagwood,
I must commend you, your last post was certainly the best of your efforts. However, along with that I issue you a challenge.
You said Burnet fans have done the same to others. I'm sure you know how to use the saerch features, PLEASE FIND AND DEMONSTRATE ANY EXAMPLE OF BURNET TREATING OTHER TEAMS
THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED THE LIBERTY HILL FANS. IF YOU CAN
DO SO I WILL MOST HUMBLY APOLOGIZE TO YOU!!

I said I had seen other examples of poor sportsmanship in Wimberley. Four years ago, my car was egged in Wimberley, I believe it was 4 years. I went into a store after the game, the people from Wimberley were waited on first, even though I was standing longer. Your students stand, turn your backs on our teams, disrespectful chants from your students. These are a FEW examples, there are more.

WTtexanf_ball06
10-30-2004, 06:04 PM
LH had 61 rushes for 291 yards. the austin american statesman said 365 but they were wrong becuase they did not count the negatvie plays or the sacks. wimberley had 221 yards passing and 121 yards rushing. it came down to the last seconds of the game!!!!. was the best i have ever seen. good luck to lh in the playoffs, they will go a long way.

bulldogman06
10-31-2004, 12:02 AM
Bandera has lost 3 district games but i am told still has a chance to make playoffs. the first game was to Wimberly in a closer than it seems 20-3 game where the Bulldogs had Wimberly 3-0 in the middle of the third. Then we beat Ingram, and lost big (70-13) against LH. Last night we lost to Llano 14-9 with many controversial calls made by the officials, but no excuses. If Bandera beats Brady by 14, and Llano loses to Wimberly, then Bandera has a chance to make playoffs, am i correct?

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2004, 01:20 AM
I believe that's correct.

LHMom
11-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Just wanted to say that I haven't been in hiding. I've had company since last Thursday.

Congrats to Wimberley on the win. LH didn't have it together & repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot. You guys wanted it and came out fighting for it.