PDA

View Full Version : Navasota's Chris Smith #30

Bellville22
10-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Just incase you know scores, and don't read recaps, I want everyone to be sure to read the last part of the first post in "Navasota 37, Bellville 34". I want everyone to know the tremendous sportsmanship this young man showed! What a fine young man.

marlin fan
10-23-2004, 10:30 AM
what did he do???

Bulldog_12
10-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Yeah, Im confused.

3afan
10-23-2004, 10:36 AM
if you want people to go read something then provide the link ...

Bellville22
10-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Sorry, don't know how.

3afan
10-23-2004, 10:38 AM
you're in College station, huh ?????

:D

HornetMom
10-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22

Finally, and this is very important... I want to tip my hat to a fine young man from this game tonight. We knew Chris Smith was a fine runner and a fine football player, but tonight after the game he showed sportsmanship we should all strive to display in competition. After the game he went threw the line as usual, shaking every single players hand, and stopping to console one of the Bellville players who was injured (perhaps seriously) in the game tonight. Afterwards, he made his way over to the Bellville huddle and shook the hand of everyone on the Bellville coaching staff. What a gracious gesture from a young man to a team that played their hearts out against him. Keep in mind this was somewhat of a rivalry game, and there was a bit of bad blood between these two teams. My friends and I looked at each other and were simply amazed by this, what a fine young man, and what a future he will have. Thank you, Chris, for playing the game like it's meant to be played and showing the sportsmanship and respect it deserves.

That is pure first class sportsmanship. His parents should be very, very proud of that young man and many others should take note and learn from what he did. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bulldog_12
10-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Who 3A??? ME??? Yeah im in C/S.

CheerMom
10-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Navasota is a fine football team with first class players. They show their great sportsmanship in victory and defeat. I hope these young men continue to strive to be the best they can be because they deserve it. My hat goes off to these players, their coaches and families. You all have done an awesome job and should be very proud!! Good Luck for the rest of the season and into the playoffs!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

venomous tat2
10-23-2004, 11:09 AM
He showed class and character after a hard fought game that went to the wire by going to the bellville huddle after the game to shake the coaches hands and wish the team good luck. This is the best game that i have ever witnessed as a coach,player and a fan these two fine teams played their hearts out to the very end.Brahma Mom,22 bulls-eye ya'll should be very proud of this brahma team my hat is off to them they should keep their heads up, Maddog get well my friend you are in my book a true warrior i don't remember the other kids name that got hurt on the last play but you get well too, havent talked to the mustache yet but i will some time today. I can't BS him this time i never rub it in when we win it's not my style good luck when ya'll play RC.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Venomous, you should be extremely proud of your team. Chris Smith's parents has raised a fine young man. One thing I noticed after the game, was Martin and Bryant exchanging handshakes on the field. There was also a standing ovation from the Bellville crowd. I was clapping for all the players on both teams, they treated us to a great game. Good luck the rest of the season and to Chris, I'll be watching you at the next level.

One other note, I noticed Navasota doesn't have a very large squad. There weren't very many subs on the bench, during the game. This explains having to play some starters late in blow-out games.

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Bulls Eye summed it up for me too..lol

Rattlermom
10-24-2004, 12:54 PM
A big thanks to everyone for all the kind words about Chris and the rest of the Rattlers! I agree that Chris is an exceptional young man on and off the field. This entire group of Seniors are awesome. They show such leadership on and off the field and that makes the community proud, not just us parents. (By the way one of the Seniors is my son).

The Brahamas showed excellent sportsmanship as well, and played one heck of a game!

VenemousTat, that game was exciting! Ranks right up there with the game when these guys were Freshman against Huntsville for the district title! Wow! I have seen every game these guys have played since they were in the 7th grade and it's sad that it's almost over....But I will still get to watch quite a few of them on Saturdays I am certain! Hopefully at least one of them will be wearing MAROON!!

cunbed10
10-25-2004, 07:32 AM
Some how some way Bellville is always involved in 1 of those unforgetable games, this team is very dangerous, and 22 will tell I told u so, they stop an unbelieveable State championship team in Marlin 02' and seems to me they r reving up 2 upset some more folks again, I wouldn'w want 2 face Bellville again in the playoffs, 2 nerve racking :eek:

clayalan
10-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Could someone give me some stats on Smith?

Sittin' Fastball
10-25-2004, 10:13 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/102304fbroundup.htm

Here ya go clayalan...

coiled2strike
10-25-2004, 10:17 AM
you need to find you a good picture of the rocket and put in your sig and get rid of those cubs...

Sittin' Fastball
10-25-2004, 01:02 PM
See, nobody gets it. In my sig I am sittin' fastball and ready to tee off on the pitch. I'M HITTING. DOESN'T ANYBODY GET IT!!!!
:D :D :D just kidding

coiled2strike
10-25-2004, 01:09 PM
ooohhh...
in that case, put miceli in there and you're sure to hit a bomb...lol

BrahmaMom
10-26-2004, 09:51 AM
tat2, I am proud of our players, coaches, and fans. Congrats to Chris Smith and the Rattlers on their good sportsmanship and gracious behavior. That will take you a long way in life, which is why I finally accepted football, it teaches young men many life lessons.

Chris' Agent
10-26-2004, 10:30 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ::

Ag79
10-26-2004, 01:52 PM
That was one of the best high school football games I have ever seen. Both teams represented their schools well.

scrub c
10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Does he do the same thing after a loss????

shortbag33
10-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Good question scrub c some of the Rice Consolidated fans might know the answer to that one.

Sittin' Fastball
10-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Let me just say this, I know for a fact that Chris has done this after every game since his Junior year Win or Lose. That is character.