PDA

View Full Version : 7 More Days To Graham Vs. Vernon

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 10:09 AM
This will be a huge game in District 5. Graham has won 5 straight Dist. Championships and Vernon is a defending Semi-Finalist with a W against a good Iowa Park team under it's belt. Don't look for a big score as this one promises to be a grind it out field position and defense "Old School" football game. Vernon's Wing-T ball control offense Vs. Graham's triple option Veer attack. Should be a good one and I recommend anyone looking for a good game to watch be in Vernon at 7:30 Friday night.

VWG
10-23-2004, 12:34 PM
A big factor on this game will be the status of returning Dist. MVP for Graham, RB Condron.
He was injured and never returned in the Breckenridge game.

BIGGBROTHER
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
go leps

SoulTaker_IP
10-23-2004, 03:03 PM
this one will be a blow away......
Graham 49
Vernon 17

huarache18
10-23-2004, 03:13 PM
I want Graham to Beat up on the Lions, the Steers proved to be a good offensive team against Decatur and I pick them to win.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:31 PM
I tend to agree with Greenmonster, I think this one will not be a shootout. If Vernon plays like they did against IP, the Lions will win. If they don't they won't.

Mistake free football is the key for both teams. Vernon will have to open up the passing game to keep the box spread out. Look for Vernon to run a lot of quick pitch if Graham stacks the line. Graham will run the midline dive until Vernon stops it. The 300 lbs tackles will help.

This should be a great game. Look for the Vernon fans to make a difference as the Graham fans (students) last year at the basketball area game were terrible. Vernon will want some payback.

VWG
10-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Again guys... nobody is mentioning anything about the status of the kid from Graham getting hurt. If he's out, that takes a lot out of Graham's offense.

VERNONLION#1
10-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Again guys... nobody is mentioning anything about the status of the kid from Graham getting hurt. If he's out, that takes a lot out of Graham's offense.

Hey VWG what happened if you dont mind and what is his status. I don't think there has been any Graham posters on here or I would ask them? Thanks.

VERNONLION#1
10-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by huarache18
I want Graham to Beat up on the Lions, the Steers proved to be a good offensive team against Decatur and I pick them to win.

Hey, why are you hating on Vernon. I guess you must be thinking about last years lost to us in the playoffs. :thinking:

VWG
10-24-2004, 03:48 PM
I've got no clue as to what his status is. All I know is that I heard that he was injured and he never returned against Breckenridge.
You're talking about a returning Dist. MVP that goes about 200lbs in the backfield. Without him... the Steers might have a tough night against the Vernon defense.

VERNONLION#1
10-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I've got no clue as to what his status is. All I know is that I heard that he was injured and he never returned against Breckenridge.
You're talking about a returning Dist. MVP that goes about 200lbs in the backfield. Without him... the Steers might have a tough night against the Vernon defense.

Yes you are right. Without him that could make a difference. I will try to get the scope on this and pass it along. I think it will be a low scoring affair and if we play like we did against IP we will this game.