PDA

View Full Version : Venus fans......

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Congrats on your playoff appearance. Forgive me, but I know very little about your team. Do you guys mostly run...or do you run the spread offence? What about your defence? Without taking the Kennedale and Everman games into account...how many points do you score and give up a game? Maybe Matthew or some Kennedale fans can give us their opinion of the Venus team. Looking forward to the exchange of info...and I would like to meet any 3Adownlower's from Venus this Friday.

everman_guy
11-08-2003, 06:28 PM
They are a run oriented team. They have a good back, but I have no idea how good...because he didn't play against Everman. The game they played against Everman was probably their worst of the year, looking at the scores. They played Kennedale much closer than they did us. They were able to score 14 points on us. They were able to make the playoffs, and win the games they should easily so they aren't bad. Decatur should win, but Venus did hand it to the one spread team they played (Glen Rose 28-7).

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: everman_guy ]</small>

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the info. If Venus has faced the spread before that should help in their preparations. By looking at Glen Rose stats who they faced VS Decaturs stats it would appear that Decatur runs the offence with greater efficency although that may not be accurate. I will enjoy seeing a good running back VS our defense.

Defense_Wins_Games
11-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Chief Woodman:

I went and looked up all of their scores on the Dallas Morning News website...Without taking the Kennedale/Everman games into account, here goes:

Total Points- Venus = 260 Opponents = 118

Avergage Score- Venus = 32.5 Opponents = 14.75

Average Margin of Victory- Venus +28.2
{Margins by game == 8, 71, 21, 22, 26, 21}

Average Margin of Defeat- Venus -13.5
{Margin by game == 1, 26}

Well, that's about all that I could find about them on the Dallas Morning News website...Oh, I heard through the 'grapevine' that they do have a 1,000 yard rusher...Anyway...I hope this is kind of what you were looking for...