PDA

View Full Version : Barber's Hill Offense

Jody
10-23-2004, 07:42 AM
If you are a BH fan or a frequent spectator, what is your opinion about this idea? Before you jump on me, I am in no way saying Chris is not a better than average QB, just think this may add another interesting offensive look.

Put our starting QB (Chris) at Full-Back and run Clay out of the half back position, allowing our Back-up QB to play starting QB. The back-up is very capable and a more accurate passer. Chris and Clay are both such good runners with a little different style, what a pair that would make. One last move: Consistently Play # 44 at tide-end and actually use him. The guy is a monster and pretty darn fast. I can see many opportunities for this combo and some BIG plays.

WOS1
10-23-2004, 09:35 AM
How about this, move #44 in the backfield with the other 2 guys and run the "wishbone".

eagle.eyes
10-23-2004, 10:22 AM
I guess it depends on what the coaches want. A running QB then #11 is definitely the man. A more pro-style QB then #12. That would definitely open up the offense more. Seems #12 running with 1st offense next week will be a better guage of everyone's opinions.

FootballQueen
10-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Jody I like your idea. #11 is a strong runner. #37 is a house and can run through brick walls. Why the coaches don't use him more is beyond me. I think #44 is a great player but we need him at LB. Him and #35 seem to play well together. I think we should use #84 more. He is a strong kid. Maybe him and #44 could alternate. And then what about #35. He did a good job on offense last year why not try it again. I know they want them fresh for defense but I like to see those Patton boys run that ball. They are great athletes. Just like Jody said this is my opinion. :)

eagle08
10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Jody
If you are a BH fan or a frequent spectator, what is your opinion about this idea? Before you jump on me, I am in no way saying Chris is not a better than average QB, just think this may add another interesting offensive look.

Put our starting QB (Chris) at Full-Back and run Clay out of the half back position, allowing our Back-up QB to play starting QB. The back-up is very capable and a more accurate passer. Chris and Clay are both such good runners with a little different style, what a pair that would make. One last move: Consistently Play # 44 at tide-end and actually use him. The guy is a monster and pretty darn fast. I can see many opportunities for this combo and some BIG plays.

Jody, stay tuned you might get your wish.

Jody
10-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by eagle08
Jody, stay tuned you might get your wish.

What makes you think this? I hope your right.

Jody
10-25-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
How about this, move #44 in the backfield with the other 2 guys and run the "wishbone".

I would like to see that on a periodic basis. They actually did that one play against Splendora and # 44 took out 2 people on the end block. He is a big kid.

mistanice
10-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Did that number 44 play linebacker against Diboll, if so that kid was fast, our RB could never break the corner because of him. Long arms would always catch him from behind. He's goin to be a good one.

Jody
10-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Did that number 44 play linebacker against Diboll, if so that kid was fast, our RB could never break the corner because of him. Long arms would always catch him from behind. He's goin to be a good one.

I think he did. He is very athletic. BH is very good at stopping the runs around the end. We tend to give up a few yards in the middle, but they hardly ever give up long runs.