PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 42 Gladewater 0

Buckeye80
10-22-2004, 11:08 PM
The Buckeyes looked respectable and much better than last week against a completely outmanned Gladewater team.
This was the third consecutive game giving up fewer than 100 yards for the Buckeye defense I believe. Good job guys! 9-0

Bullaholic
10-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Buckeye.....I'm still hoping Gladewater doesn't make the playoffs so maybe we can see that Gilmer "D" and the Decatur "O" dance in the R1/R2 D1 Semifinal. I realize they both are going to have to win in their brackets in order for this to happen....and anything can happen in schoolboy football, but I sure will drive to see it if it happens.

VWG
10-23-2004, 09:38 AM
How many shutouts has Gilmer posted this year?

Buckeye80
10-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by VWG
How many shutouts has Gilmer posted this year?

Gilmer 28
Jefferson 0

Gilmer 52
Sabine 0

Gilmer 42
Gladewater 0

Only these three shutouts, but we've given up 7 or fewer points in seven of the nine games this year. The only two to score over 7 points were Daingerfield (20) and Paris (16).

Tiny
10-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Were coming Gilmer!!!!!!!!!

Buckeye80
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Buckeye.....I'm still hoping Gladewater doesn't make the playoffs so maybe we can see that Gilmer "D" and the Decatur "O" dance in the R1/R2 D1 Semifinal. I realize they both are going to have to win in their brackets in order for this to happen....and anything can happen in schoolboy football, but I sure will drive to see it if it happens.

Yeah, you and me both. We still kinda get a bad wrap because of a weak preseason schedule and a weak district, but that really isn't our fault. This team is every bit as good as the 9-0 record indicates.
Gilmer and Decatur would be a "titanic" matchup. Neither team will have seen the speed that the other brings to the field prior to that matchup. The primary focus I'm sure is the Gilmer "D" vs. the Decatur "O", but I would be very interested to see how the Gilmer offense handles a speedy and large Decatur defense.
As you say though, some things would have to happen before that matchup could take place, including Gilmer probably having to get by a very good Kennedale team. But it would be an incredible matchup!:)

Gilmer Buckeye
10-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Mineola will have a bye week to prepare for its home game against Gladewater on Nov. 5.

Even though they barely got by Sabine last night, I would say Mineola would be favored to beat Gladewater.

I really couldn't care less whether Gilmer goes DI or DII. I see advantages and disadvantages in either scenario. If we go DII, we'll probably have to play Tatum fairly early on in the process.

In DI, it's not clear to me that we would face anyone as good as Tatum until we got to a matchup with Decatur.

I assume Decatur is as good as its fans and the pollsters say it is. All of this is just speculation on all sides at this point. The top-ranked teams have been known to go down in bi-district before.

Buckeye80
10-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Gilmer Buckeye
The top-ranked teams have been known to go down in bi-district before.

Yeah, but not this year. I agree with Mineola being favored over Gladewater after seeing the Bears play last night. If the Yellowjackets do pull out a win, then we have a first round matchup with Liberty Eylau.
I thought that the Leopards were going to be one of the teams to beat in East Texas this year, but the loss to Paris really has thrown me. They scored 35 on Pleasant Grove, but only beat a very "down" Atlanta team by three. I don't see them as a problem.
The second round would be the winner of the Carthage/Lindale game. Lindale: point proven already this year 35-6. Carthage: blown out by Spring Hill and will lose to Tatum.
I don't know that much about Kennedale except that they pulled themselves out from under Everman's thumb last season, and they have been playing very well.
First two rounds in D1 wouldn't be that bad, but if we should go D2, don't be scared of that Tatum team. We'll beat them fairly easily. Trust me!!