PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Track

Hupernikomen
02-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Did they run this past weekend? If so, where?

Cat22
02-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Does Jasper still hold the national record in the 4X100 meter relay? I think it was set around 1990.

JasperDog94
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
It was either 90 or 91. I remember having a big celebration for the athletes in spring of 91 so maybe it was 90.

Haunta Yo
02-23-2004, 07:14 PM
FW Wyatt broke it in the late '90's.
(39.76)

<small>[ February 23, 2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Haunta Yo ]</small>

j_dog
02-23-2004, 08:27 PM
JasperDog94:
It was either 90 or 91. I remember having a big celebration for the athletes in spring of 91 so maybe it was 90.It was in 91. The easy way to remember is that Spoon wins state every 6 years. Well, until last year when Jasper finished second. 1985, 1991, and 1997.

Bulldog92
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
j_dog:

JasperDog94:
It was either 90 or 91. I remember having a big celebration for the athletes in spring of 91 so maybe it was 90.It was in 91. The easy way to remember is that Spoon wins state every 6 years. Well, until last year when Jasper finished second. 1985, 1991, and 1997.If I remember correctly, the four in that relay were Ben Bronson, Bryan Bronson, John Davis and Terence Davis. Bryan was a world-class sprinter and the other three guys had at least a cup of coffee in the NFL. That was a great foursome. The records were broken, though.

http://www.texastrack.com/state_records.htm

j_dog
02-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Bulldog92:

j_dog:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JasperDog94:
[qb]...
.If I remember correctly, the four in that relay were Ben Bronson, Bryan Bronson, John Davis and Terence Davis. Bryan was a world-class sprinter and the other three guys had at least a cup of coffee in the NFL. That was a great foursome. The records were broken, though.

http://www.texastrack.com/state_records.htmA test for my memory! But I think it was Zack Bronson, not Ben Bronson? Ben was an alternate I believe, but he was playing baseball that Spring. Of course, Zack has had more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. :)

Hupernikomen
02-24-2004, 02:38 PM
j_dog:

Bulldog92:

j_dog:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JasperDog94:
[qb]...
.If I remember correctly, the four in that relay were Ben Bronson, Bryan Bronson, John Davis and Terence Davis. Bryan was a world-class sprinter and the other three guys had at least a cup of coffee in the NFL. That was a great foursome. The records were broken, though.

http://www.texastrack.com/state_records.htmA test for my memory! But I think it was Zack Bronson, not Ben Bronson? Ben was an alternate I believe, but he was playing baseball that Spring. Of course, Zack has had more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. :) I thought it was ben too, but since that was a year after I graduated I am not real sure.

Back to the original question..has Jasper ran at a meet this year yet???

JasperDog94
02-24-2004, 02:52 PM
I think Ben Bronson was scheduled to run, but he had a broken finger so someone else took his place. Maybe Zach?

Matthew328
02-24-2004, 04:45 PM
I saw that Wyatt team that set the national record...man those 4 were rollin!

Haunta Yo
02-24-2004, 09:25 PM
No Jasper hasn't run a meet yet...
Wyatt had terrible exchanges and still set the record. I don't know what they might have run if they'd have stretched the handoffs. They were probably playing it safe.

j_dog
02-25-2004, 12:14 AM
JasperDog94:
I think Ben Bronson was scheduled to run, but he had a broken finger so someone else took his place. Maybe Zach?I think Ben did run on the relay early in the year, including at the Texas Relays where they whipped that team from Jamaica. But, by Regionals and State I am pretty sure he did not run. Anyways, I saw both races and do not remember his being there. Of course, not that he wouldn't have helped lower the time even more. He was one fast guy. What I heard at the time was that they had enough depth to get by without him since he was still playing baseball. I am pretty certain that it was Zack that ran instead of Ben. It was definitely a Bronson. How many of those guys were there? :)

<small>[ February 24, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

Bulldog92
02-25-2004, 08:07 AM
j_dog:

JasperDog94:
I think Ben Bronson was scheduled to run, but he had a broken finger so someone else took his place. Maybe Zach?I think Ben did run on the relay early in the year, including at the Texas Relays where they whipped that team from Jamaica. But, by Regionals and State I am pretty sure he did not run. Anyways, I saw both races and do not remember his being there. Of course, not that he wouldn't have helped lower the time even more. He was one fast guy. What I heard at the time was that they had enough depth to get by without him since he was still playing baseball. I am pretty certain that it was Zack that ran instead of Ben. It was definitely a Bronson. How many of those guys were there? :) I don't know, but that family has something special going for them. They're good people first of all, but they've turned out some great athletes.

JasperDog94
02-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Bulldog92:
I don't know, but that family has something special going for them. They're good people first of all, but they've turned out some great athletes.Yeah, just ask the 49ers.