CS_WILDCATS
10-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Hondo 14 Devine 27
Crystal City 9 Pearsall 6
Carrizo Springs 0 Cotulla 0 (4th qtr.)

CS_WILDCATS
10-22-2004, 11:31 PM
cotulla 12 carrizo springs 0
same old story the cats lose another one in the second half.

footballgal
10-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Congratulations Cowboys!

BTW, sorry to hear the band didn't make it to state; two of district 32AAA bands made to state comp; Port Isabel Silver Tarpon Band and Rio Hondo High School Band.

intocable_cowboy
10-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Congratulations Cowboys!

BTW, sorry to hear the band didn't make it to state; two of district 32AAA bands made to state comp; Port Isabel Silver Tarpon Band and Rio Hondo High School Band.

Yea, the band gave it their all on Sat. Its a shame they couldn't go, but they did make it to the final round that day, and they hadn't been to Area in quite awhile. Congrats to Port Isabel on advancing, I knew they would after I watched them perform the first time. In fact I was looking foward to seeing them again in the finals. I still think Hondo's performance was better than Carrizo's, but then again I'm not a judge so... either way it was good trip, got to eat seafood!:D And the Cowboys won!:D That breathed life back into playoff hopes, but now Hondo looms in the distance, Cowboys need a repeat performance of 2002, execpt winning it this time. I'm still scratching my head though when I look at Crystal's win over Pearsall. Not saying anything about Crystal, I just didn't think they would win :doh: . And Paul Whitehead running for 300+ yards on Hondo, hmm...:thinking:

Good luck to Port I in the state marching contest.

Congrats on a great year MCB! Great to have La Banda de la Onda back! :D

Good luck to the Cowboys this week against Hondo.

intocable_cowboy
10-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by CS_WILDCATS

Carrizo Springs 0 Cotulla 0 (4th qtr.)

It was actually 12-0 at the half, Carrizo did post a 2nd half shutout though, but they could never get a drive mounted.

footballgal
10-25-2004, 08:50 AM
I know what you mean, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the score; since Pearsall seem to be on a roll and was like 6-0 at one point, I thought they be leading the pack at this point. :confused: I still have hopes that the Cowboys make it to the playoffs; there is still a possibility with two games left right?

My niece called me, after their performance and PI’s as well and then finally with the results came in. She was understandably rather disappointed, but I told her that there is always next time and that it was good just having them back in the “thick of things”. I suspect we will here from them again, especially now with the two former local boys coming back as directors! ( Jamie Martinez and Elio Ramirez Jr.)