PDA

View Full Version : Bowie 40 Sanger 35

GreenMonster
10-22-2004, 10:45 PM
looks like z motion was right about the Jackrabbits.

HighSchool Fan
10-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Good win by Bowie. I'll be the first to admit that I thought Bowie wouldn't beat Sanger. It will be interesting to see who gets 2nd and 3rd place in District 6.

SoulTaker_IP
10-22-2004, 10:53 PM
im not sure about this one, but so does any 1 think that bowie and gainesville will be playing for 1st????

Chief Woodman
10-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Congrats to Bowie. Hope Z enjoyed the game.

HighSchool Fan
10-22-2004, 10:54 PM
If Bowie beats Pilot Point next week, Gainesville and Bowie will be playing for 1st place.

SoulTaker_IP
10-22-2004, 11:01 PM
we all thought it would be good for bowie to win a district championship because we actually said this at our school.... what if bowie wins there district.... its kindof odd that they are actually knocking off teams that were supposibly gonna win

any thoughts on bowies next game

Keith7
10-22-2004, 11:08 PM
This is surprising.. i really thought sanger was better then this

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Ok I just got in from the game and man did I pick a good one to go to. What a game.

First things first...HighSchool Fan...You know its coming so I will say that you set yourself up for this one, but I have 296 yards worth of Crow Pie special delievery from Bowie half back Major Henderson tonight!

Ok with that out of the way, this was a great game. Sanger's QB was dead on all night. His receivers did drop several balls though. He is not too mobile but decent. His line did a relatively good job pass blocking for him, but he did get sacked like 3 times. Not bad when you pass like 40 times though. The Indians operate out of the shotgun and run no huddle the entire game. What a pain for me to keep stats on. It took both teams a while to feel each other out but then Bowie seemed to take control moving the ball a little better than Sanger. With a minute left in the half with Bowie leading 7-6. Bowie jumps offsides on a 4th and 9 as Sanger punts. Sanger then gets a 4th and 4 and goes for it getting a Higgs to Britten slant pass for a TD. They then convert a 2 pointer to take the lead 14-7. That was big.

But after half, the Indians just couldn't stop Major Henderson as he racked up 296 yards on 31 carries. Bowie really dominated the second half as the score is misleading. With 1 minute remaining, Bowie had Sanger down 40-27. A long pass in the closing seconds brought the game into a respectable 40-35. The Bowie line proved to be better than the Sanger defense.

It has been 22 years since Bowie has made the playoffs and it looks like they make it now. I don't think it is a lock, but almost.

If you want to read my entire game report go to TexasPrepXtra.com (It won't be available until tomorrow though)

Keith7
10-23-2004, 01:11 AM
so i'm guessing u were impressed w/ higgs???

he has almost 1000 yards rushing.. but i bet Bowie really keyed in on him tonight

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

First things first...HighSchool Fan...You know its coming so I will say that you set yourself up for this one, but I have 296 yards worth of Crow Pie special delievery from Bowie half back Major Henderson tonight!

He might of had a good game against Sanger, but he won't even get close to half of that against Gainesville.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
He might of had a good game against Sanger, but he won't even get close to half of that against Gainesville.

What? Half of that is 150 yards???? Give this kid some credit. He has over 1,000 yards on the season and just racked up nearly 300 on a defense that you said in an earlier post was good. Give Bowie their due, they are going to the dance now.

As far as Higgs. Very good passer. He did run several designed draws, but he didn't look too fast or too elusive. Hard to believe that he has 1,000 yards rushing. I would believe 1,000 passing though. I will also say that the Indians never gave up and actually almost got two onside kicks. very close.

This was a great game. I'm glad I went to it.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
looks like z motion was right about the Jackrabbits.

Haha...Yes indeed I nailed the Jackrabbits pick. Hey I met up with three IP scouts after the game. We talked a little Hawk football. I'm not sure if they were coaches or what but there were three of them there.

BTW, if IP draws Bowie, it will be like old times. In other words, as high as I am on Bowie, they stand no chance to beat IP.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 01:36 AM
Do you read all these post? Look at the 2nd one. I think it says "Good win Bowie". I did give Bowie credit. I don't recall saying that Sanger had a good defense. Go back to Bowie in a couple of weeks, we can have a meet and greet, and watch a good football game.

Keith7
10-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Hard to believe that he has 1,000 yards rushing.

Player Att. Yds. TD
Chris Higgs 98 791 13

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Do you read all these post? Look at the 2nd one. I think it says "Good win Bowie". I did give Bowie credit. I don't recall saying that Sanger had a good defense. Go back to Bowie in a couple of weeks, we can have a meet and greet, and watch a good football game.

Your little 'Good win Boiwe' doesn't amount to much crow. Bowie ran all over Sanger. I don't think you know too much about your district 6 teams now. You just make homer posts. Go out and watch some football and then come back and make some intelligent posts. You have been writing about how district 6 is so good. Believe me they will be lucky to get one win against district 5 in the first round. In fact, I'm not sure they can even get one. IP will beat Pilot Point, Vernon will beat Bowie and I think Graham will beat Gainesville.

Take your crow now.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Player Att. Yds. TD
Chris Higgs 98 791 13

Keith:

He didn't look to fast against Bowie. I don't have all his stats added up but I think he probably only rushed for about 25 yards tonight. He can throw the ball that is for sure. I can't remember if you went to the Gainesville/IP game, but IP's Swenson can throw it and run. True dual threat.

Sanger's defense is very suspect after seeing them give up over 300 yards rushing. Pilot Point and Gainesville will probably beat Bowie setting up this matchup:

Gainesville - Graham
Vernon - Bowie
IP - Pilot Point

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 03:14 AM
blah, blah, blah

This is for you, Bowie is my pick for the state championship, the are the greatest team in the history of football. Now are you happy.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:21 AM
blah, blah, blah

This is for you, Bowie is my pick for the state championship, the are the greatest team in the history of football. Now are you happy.

Ok I'm happy now.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm finally glad that you're happy.

Now, back to my first post. I did admit that I was wrong. I know that I've got crow coming. Send it, I can take it.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Done with the crow. I do think that Pilot Point and Gainesville will beat Bowie. Of course they may surpise either one of them. The Henderson kid is a good running back. The line is pretty good but the defense has problems at corner and I'm surprised that Sanger didn't exploit them more.

I knew that Bowie had a good team and I had a feeling that they would make the playoffs. I watched them last year and I knew they had some key players back.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 03:30 AM
If you are going to the Gainesville/Bowie game let me know. Hopefully, I won't be working that night.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:33 AM
If you are going to the Gainesville/Bowie game let me know. Hopefully, I won't be working that night.

I'm not sure which game I'll hit that week. I would like to see Gainesville play though. But I think teh Graham matchup will be a better game.

Ok I'm out, its late and I'm old.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 03:34 AM
[i]
Ok I'm out, its late and I'm old. [/B]

I gotcha by a year.

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 07:04 AM
I still think Gainesville's defense is pretty weak. The return of Purvey sure strengthens an offense that appears to be much improved since the IP loss but the defense needs more than an infusion of Purvey to get good enough to make anykind of run at all. IP could have hung 50 on g'ville had the coach not put up the stop sign and get conservative to decrease the risk of turnovers. I think G'ville is one and done in the BigShow this year.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 12:33 PM
So basically what your saying is that a team doesn't improve as the season goes on. You haven't seen Gainesville in about 4 weeks. You have no idea what they are doing now. You don't know what adjustments that they have made. You haven't seen them with Franklin back as LB. I gurantee you that anyone who has seen Gaineville the last few weeks will tell you that they are playing a different game.

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Dude, that's not what I said at all. You just want to argue. One kid will not fix the problems that defense had. All-State or not. I agree everyone improves as the year goes on some more than others. I just don't think the Gainesville defense is good enough for them to put together a run in the play-offs. That's it. Nothing more. It is only an opinion. Probably not worth squat but it's my opinion. It's not personal, so don't take it that way. Instead of jumping up and down and throwing a fit when someone disses your team try explaining why you think they are better. You might actually get a little respect and make some friends on here. I'd love to be your friend and have meaningful conversations with you. I have very little access to football in your neck of the woods and I'd love to get your insight of the area teams but so far you've been way too defensive. I apologize for getting preachy. (extending hand to shake) I'm Clint. Wanna be friends? Wanna talk shop? I'm willing, are you?

Keith7
10-23-2004, 12:49 PM
I think he probably only rushed for about 25 yards tonight. He can throw the ball that is for sure.

Rushing – SANG: Chris Higgs 18-47

nothing amazing.. but he lead the team in rushing

Keith7
10-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Keith:

You know I have been impressed with IP this year and you questioned why I ranked them so high a couple of weeks ago. Tell me what you think about them? I'm not sure they can beat a Decatur, but their offensive play calling I though was very good. They also have a decent defense. I think they will knock off some teams in the playoffs. I really think these guys will beat both Graham and Vernon and win the district. Just your thoughts?

it looks like you've eaten some crow in the past couple of weeks as well

huarache18
10-23-2004, 02:58 PM
I'd thought Sanger would've been the one to run all over Bowie because Sanger wasn't awesome in our District, but they were ok the last 2 years. D (7-3A)

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:18 PM
it looks like you've eaten some crow in the past couple of weeks as well

Crow? HaHa.....Actually Kieth I haven't had to eat any crow this year. First of all I'm from Vernon and the other Vernon poster (VernonLion#1) on here and I have the same assessment of Vernon. Fury 900 doesn't comment too much on the games. I still think IP has as good a team as Vernon. I also think the IP posters and the Vernon faithful will agree that the Vernon IP game could have went either way. IP is a very good football team. That game was close unlike the spanking IP put on Gainesville.

If anyone needs some Crow it is you. You talked about how Good Gainesville is and then IP went down and put a spanking on them in their house. I seem to remember you wondering why I rated IP ahead of Gainseville in one of my opinion polls. Well the answer is because IP is better than Ganisville and that has been proven on the field.

Here is a prediction that you won't like:

Graham will beat Gainesville
IP will beat Pilot Point
Vernon will beat Bowie

That's a sweep of district 6. I'll take my crow if it doesn't happen. Are you willing to go the other way? I bet HighSchool Fan will, but he also thought Sanger would run all over Bowie. I'll be glad to make a "gentlemen's bet" with you.

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Z Motion, I want some of this action. Only problem is I, like you, am a Dist. 5 guy. But I'm willing to tag team with you against those two.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Z Motion, I want some of this action. Only problem is I, like you, am a Dist. 5 guy. But I'm willing to tag team with you against those two.

I may need some help.

SoulTaker_IP
10-23-2004, 04:11 PM
well u have 3 now..... we will sweep district 6

Keith7
10-23-2004, 04:19 PM
bold predictions guys.. and yall prolly wont do bad.. because 2 out of 3 isnt bad..

I dont think Graham can beat Gainesville.. you guys are going to say "but iowa park killed Gainesville" well Gainesville is ALOT different team then a few weeks ago.. good luck on the rest of yalls season, and i'm sure yall will do fine against pilot point and bowie because BOWIE SUCKS and pilot point just isnt as good as iowa park..

all we have is highschool fan and I to argue our case.. i hope pphsfan can chime in

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm here with you Keith. For some reason, greenmonster thinks that if a team beats another team once, then they can beat them anytime the rest of the year. He can't accept the fact that another team can improve more than his. He doesn't think that Cordell can move some of his players around and make the defense better. With his thinking, if Vernon and IP meet in the playoffs, they shouldn't play the game. Vernon automatically wins since they won earlier in the year.

Greenmonster, it's not personal. You just need to realize that teams get better later in the year. Gainesville has made alot of adjustments, not just adding 1 player.

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 04:46 PM
That's cool High School Fan, I hear ya. I offered the olive branch of peace and you stomped on it. I gave you credit for having a much improved offense and then I basically said your defense still stinks so you are positively correct in saying that I am an idiot that believes it is impossible for a team to improve as the season goes on. :confused: Wait a second, I gave your offense credit for improving didn't I, hmmmmm makes your argument that I think no one can improve rather obsolete then doesn't it. Dude admit it you just want to argue. I got a wife for that.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2004, 04:54 PM
No one said that you were and idiot, I also told you that it's not personal. I just don't understand why you don't think that Gainesville can make some changes and become a better team. You have it in your mind, that no matter what Gainesville does, they can't improve their defense. On another thread earlier this season, I admitted that Gainesville's defense wasn't very good. I told Keith7 after the first game of the year that Gainesville needs to work on their defense, and they won that game 60-15. All I'm saying is that you are making predictions about how a team played 4 weeks ago, not how they are playing now.

Leopards,class of 75
10-23-2004, 11:04 PM
The 2004 Leopards are not even close to what they were last year. I was one that gave up on them way too soon this year. They have really improved each and every week and I must admit that I didn't think it would happen. If they can keep improving each week, you never know how far they can go in the play-offs. I think they will have no trouble winning distict again, but beyond that will depend on how much they can and will improve.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-24-2004, 03:59 AM
I think what greenmonster is saying is that it isn't just Gainesville that is improving each week. In fact, most teams are improving right now. I'm sure IP is also improving and I know Vernon is. The Lions were terrible at the first of the year...go back and read my posts about them.

I should know after Vernon's nice run last year, but I think what happens is that we as fans have a great year and then the expectations are high the next year. I was sure that Vernon would be in the mix for the state title knowing how many returners they had back. Then when I saw them play it was evident that they just were not the same team. Just think about the Atlanta fans. Everyone had that team ranked high then as they started losing many people stated, well they lost 4 games last year in nondistrict. Well they have 1 win as of now. We want to think that we have a better team each year and sometimes it just doesn't happen. By the way I was high on Gainesville too, until they played Decatur.

After seeing Bowie (which is a decent team) play I have no doubt that Gainesville should win the district and draw Graham. I sure would hate to draw a team that has lost 5 straight 1st round games. They are due.

VERNONLION#1
10-24-2004, 03:41 PM
I may need some help.

Hey, Z Motion you can always count me in. I got your back. As for Green monster hey now that we have played you guys and won I hope you do well. District 5 will have 3 very good teams representing it.

Keith7
10-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I sure would hate to draw a team that has lost 5 straight 1st round games. They are due.

Would you rather havea team that has won 3 out of their last 4 1st rounds?? the only loss coming from the state champion Everman team???

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Would you rather havea team that has won 3 out of their last 4 1st rounds?? the only loss coming from the state champion Everman team???

Good point. Should be a good game.