great game to the la grange leopards
on to giddings
i wonder what the yoe no show will gripe about
we didnt do this we didnt do that we are better wah wah
wah
here come the hippos the mighty mighty hippos

hutex04
10-23-2004, 10:07 AM
We probably need Rockdale to lose to cameron and caldwell, and we need to win out, that way we will both be 5-2 in district. But head to head rockdale beat us, so i dont know how it could workout for hutto.

fbmom
10-23-2004, 10:09 AM
I see Hutto won, but why was it so close???

hutex04
10-23-2004, 10:11 AM
I dont think everyone was at the game, i think some people were hurt, i could be wrong tho cause i wasent there

52madmidget
10-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Should have been shutout there D caught a fumble, LG offense maybe saw past there own fifty once maybe twice. A few mistakes here and there but LG D was pretty good.

cgaceb
10-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
We probably need Rockdale to lose to cameron and caldwell, and we need to win out, that way we will both be 5-2 in district. But head to head rockdale beat us, so i dont know how it could workout for hutto.

the only way you can make it is if you win out and cameron loses out.

BIGGBROTHER
10-23-2004, 12:43 PM
well then hey cameron lose out you only have rockdale and hutto left
and its not like your not going to the playoffs

buahahahahaha

it would be great if that happened and hutto won out to go to the playoffs

cameron congratulations on the playoff berth hutto will be following your lead next year

represent 19 3a well and lay down for no one

theyoefnshow
10-23-2004, 12:59 PM
since you asked nicely, I"ll pass the message to the team. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to oblige.....heh....that'd mean the Hornets stay home lol.....just kidding, just kidding

ILS1
10-23-2004, 02:39 PM
From what I read in the papers. Hutto's D held La Grange to 92 yards total offense. Hutto's 3 fumbles and an interception didn't help either,plus stupid penalties. Did Gauthier get hurt? Or did he not see much playing time. I read that Jeremy Kerley was at TB for most of the game and Roth was at QB. But Kerley did throw a TD pass. FB Dakota Wampler did most of the damage running for 151 yards and 1 TD. Even though they are down this year,you can NEVER count out La Grange!!! They will be back next year!!

:)

BIGGBROTHER
10-23-2004, 02:49 PM
good ole la mange

true true
la grange has a tough crew and next year will be even tougher
la grange held up to the a+ status
really respected the leopards they never quit nor talked the smack
good luck next year leps

hutex04
10-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Hutto will be the Cameron Yoe of this year next year. Aint no worries there, they have way too much returning not to win district outright. But then again its not all about the players, coaches play a part in wins and loses also. So it could be another 6-4 year.

BIGGBROTHER
10-24-2004, 10:57 AM
yes february is going to be mighty nice

CHSBaseball07
10-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know if Caldwell has clinched a playoff berth yet?

mamahippo
10-24-2004, 06:20 PM
This was a sad game. Don't get me wrong Dakota Wampler played an excellent game and has been cheated out most of the season. Knapp caught the only thrown TD. He was open most of the game and the stands were yelling to throw it to him. Truth be known that Penland got Kerley hurt. He has a n injured shoulder. He can not throw the ball. He is go get a MRI this week. They only yardage gained was by running. Gauthier was also hurt. His is not as serious.
The community is out for blood with Penland. There is a meeting this week at a residence with some of the parents and players. Everyone is tired of Penland making this team all about 1 or 2 players. He does not promote team work or anything positive.
We have been told that he has applied elsewhere but no one wants him. Someone please take him, I think it's going to get ugly....:hairpunk:

hutex04
10-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Watch out mamma, people get offensive when u talk bad about a coach on this websight. But everyone is feeling how you feel mamma and i have a strong feeling things will change for the better. Keep doing what you are doing, All power to you, cause it bothers me to see a player play on offense,defense,special teams. That is way too much to put on one player.

fbmom
10-25-2004, 01:13 PM
wooo hoooo!!!! But still one more year on the contract help us please!!!!!

mamahippo
10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
He does have one more year on his contract but the pressure may get to him. This team has so much talent and all of the attention and effort is being put toward a couple of players. When the players are given a chance they perform well, they are just not given that chance often. Kerley is an excellent athlete but he is too small. Our offensive line is so big that he can not see over them to throw the ball. That is why he always runs with the ball. Penland tells him that he can do it all alone. Knapp is a 6'4" TE and an easy target, when Kerley throws it. Kerley and Penland are always discussing inproving Kerley's stats. This is what is wrong with this team.. They are not a team. Now that Kerley's hurt what will they do? Hang Penland? Sorry if I offend anyone about the coach talk. We have other excellent coaches but Penland won't let them do their jobs either. He changes everything on the field. He only has 4 plays that he runs. Doesn't he think that the other teams have figured them out by now? He will not let the defense adjust to the opponenets offence. So there you go.... He needs to go...:hairpunk:

BIGGBROTHER
10-25-2004, 02:52 PM
mama the truth of the matter is whos throwing to who right
why is one player throwing to another player or handing off to this player why is this player over my son

yes in february things need to change all im asking is when things change dont run off another coach walker
this was a great coach that was ran off because of nitpicking parents who didnt like this color jersey speaking of the black
and especially the my kid can do this or that better than

as far as kerley being to small hes only a sophomore and hits harder than any one person on that team

very true he has been played too much but to much focus on him makes him the target lets not forget the lineman who have broken arms the defensive ends and backs that have suffered concussions and indured broken feet
this team doesnt play as a team ?
maam these guys are all they have
which is each other
and the support of their parents
to nitpick one player over another from a parent can tear a team apart far faster than any half wit coach
our parts as parents friends and family are roles of keeping them together and eradicating the true nature of all this hostility

and if this is not done dont worry about #1 #3 or any other of the basketball or baseball players they will not be playing next year

real gripes that should be written instead of this coach only relies on "these" kids and why does "this" kid only handoff or throw to "these" kids

should be about the irresponsiblity of the head the blaming of a kid for getting hurt not being able to tell the difference between hurt and injured no playbook bad fundamentals bad leadership and above all giving up and not caring

A true coach understands all of this and takes every parents "my boy" gusto with a grain of salt

and will if february succeeds put every player in their respective spots and learn a respective playbook learn respective fundamentals and dominate

there isnt a team that can match huttos talent level at full potential
Sorry to all other DLrs that disagree but its true
their are even better players on jv coming up

lets stand behind our kids and find them a true leader
and when i mean our kids that means all of them
i know id live up and die for any one of those kids who bleed cry and sweat on the same land in the same town i live in

give respect to earn it
and never give up

52madmidget
10-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Well said Big Brother:clap:

BIGGBROTHER
10-25-2004, 10:08 PM
hey if you dont like the coach then you dont like him
if everyone doesnt like him then he should be gone
for valid reasons

their is alot to be said about each individual player for the hutto team yet we have upset parents that cheer for only one out of the 11 on the field and if not cheering then scowling of why there boy is on the sideline

so i say

good game to

kerley
gauthier
phelps
limuel
chapa
medford
roth chavez
gessner
dominguez
swarts
carey
s wampler jv?
beashers
corner
d wampler
ledbetter
thomison
martinez
cain
rollings
eckert
chavez
kothman
cantwell
almquist
tomlinson
gonzalez
knapp
glimp
walker

each one of these players sorry teammates never gave up on each other picked one another up when one fell and fought every second of every down no matter what color they are or what last name they had

fbmom
10-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Big B,

What is so special about February??? He still has one more year left!!!

BIGGBROTHER
10-26-2004, 03:56 PM
his contract can be bought out
enough complaints and he can be voted out

i believe there is enough to get on the december agenda
not concrete about it but
oh well
the florida coach had i believe a few years left yet was fired and will finish out the season

but thats big time college and this is highschool so not sure of the legalities
if he doesnt go then like i said before alot of the players will.

mamahippo
10-27-2004, 08:02 AM
BigBrother, you have alot of really good pints. I know for some parents it is that their son is not playing or getting the ball. My biggest beef is that he will not accept any responsibility for the losses. He blames everything on the players and singles them out with statements like "we lost because of you". The kids won't even tell him if they are injured or of they have staph. He degrades them and tells them that they are letting their tem down and it's their fault that they are injured. There are some kids that can miss a block or a pass and they are benched that game and possibly for the next game. Then other can can repeadily make mistakes and he only praises them. This is very discouraging to the kids. We had a moms dinner and one mom talked about how he really cares about our kids and that we were very lucky. Where did that come from? He has not shown it. The kids get tired of only hearing that Kerly is the good player, he is the only team player, he is the only one who makes sacrafices. This is the stuff that is tearing the team apart. I heard about the parent meeting and they are going to the School Board in Dec. They seem to be well organized and have all of their facts. And they are ligetimate. However there are some parents that are afraid to get involved because of retaliation toward their kid. It has happend with him in the past and for that reason my son has asked that we stand back. He will be gone soon, so we will stand back. That does not mean that I like what is going on, I'm just not fighting the battle.

proud parent
10-27-2004, 03:21 PM
What an unfortunate situation we have here. I am a parent of a H.H.S athlete, I have worked diligently to teach my children to adapt and adjust to change, and how to effectively work with others. In the real world this is how their success will be measured, not how much time they spent on the field or on the court. It is concerning,but not surprising, to see adults model such an unsupportive backstabbing environment. Life is not fair, fair is recognizing that we have strengths and weaknesses, being proud of our teammates with extraordinary talent, and taking pleasure in being part of such a wonderful organization and developing friendships. As a teacher I can say that working with young adults is one of the most difficult jobs I have ever had, 99.9% of teachers/coaches have the dedication, patience, leadership, and determination, to help our youth succeed. The insinuations to the contrary are offensive.

BIGGBROTHER
10-27-2004, 04:49 PM
mama my words exactly
the only thing im concerned about are the kids

they should not have to deal with an overbearing halfwit
who blames them for his mistakes

when you are the leader everything is your fault
people left and right will say thats impossible thats unreal

the truth is a coach is your leader the general the man with the plan with assistants below him and the players being led by them

when the assistants dont believe in the head
and the players dont believe in the head and are losing belief in the assistant coaches because of their non belief
what do you have

chaos turmoil ridgedity anger hostility and the worst of all submission

sir you want to talk about adapting and growing up
look around look at your son he hasnt grown?
each one of these men on this team knows the possibilties they have and the past 3yrs had its time to stop
you dont keep working for a boss that knocks you down everysingle time you take a step up

adapt yes
i believe these boys have adapted to the harshest environment possible especially for a group of champions like these
even after being knocked down they get up
even after being ridiculed the work harder
even after the head quits the play on
and even after the parents not all but some nitpicked them about why they arent on the field why is this kid in front of mine
even then they pull up there straps and play a game for us to watch

these young men every young man hopes to bring home a win for the team the parents the school

as parents yes we need to give the qualities you stated
as players they also need a better leader to show them how to adapt to winning not adapt to giving excuses and blaming someone else for there mistakes

hippos use to have pride
all the kids knew the school song
teachers cared so much about you they wouldnt allow you to fail
nobody left at the end of the third quarter
cheerleaders cheered louder and more often than the crowd
the band played constantly through the whole game even learning pieces they didnt have music for just to get the crowd pumped
instead of parents yelling for only one kid you had people like Mr. connally yelling from the sidelines "COME ON LINE BLOCK!"

yeah hippos used to have pride
we used to do or die for our school
but now the kids are like
average answer " Whats the point?"
that comes from a stand point of doing everything they can
yet its not good enough

this guy needs to go this town is doing everything it can to make sure of that
and i hope the new coach will have the guts to change the program and stoke the fire of a dwindling hippo flame

GO HIPPOS STAY HUNGRY

fbmom
10-27-2004, 05:09 PM
well said Big B!!!!

proud parent
10-27-2004, 05:30 PM
My children will hopefully never allow one individual to determine their future nor control their emotions. My children will recognize good/bad leaders and turn chaos into challenges. They will see beyond the sidelines and into the real world. Life does not begin nor does it end on the field, that is why is is called extracurricular. I have the ultimate responsibility to provide the leadership skills and values, not someone who spends a couple of hours a day with them. My children will turn to ME 10 years from now to provide them with the guidance to deal with real-life problems, not their high school coach. The difference between me and you is that I refuse to allow a sport to control my family, we have more important isses to focus on, illness, death, finances, education and faith. None of what has been previously described as so detrimental to our players can compare to the adult world problems they soon will be facing. Soon they may soon be battling an enemy that will not leave the field after the fourth quarter, but rather only when one life is lost, this my friends is reality.

BIGGBROTHER
10-28-2004, 12:50 PM
My children will hopefully never allow one individual to determine their future
then who does your child look up to who is his hero

see beyond the sidelines
mine will be going to school for sports medicine

recognize good and bad leaders
isnt that what we are doing?

turn chaos into challenges
isnt that what the kids are going through?

life does not begin or end on the field true
but the games that the kids play do
and yes the determination of life is on that same field
dont believe visit the para quadrapalegic ward of student athletes

provide leadership skills and values great you wanna be a head coach woohoo sign up
each parent does the same

anyone who reads this answer with how many hours you spend with your children
mine knows im with him 24/7

if they have to wait 10 years for your guidance your a little behind

real life problems
are we on some kind of tv?

allow a sport to control my family sorry but i harp on grades before any kind of fun
knowledge is true power
and i believe every child on this team
has dealt with illness death finances education and faith
they shouldnt have to deal with a half wit coach
who berates them

and a world of adult problems battling an enemy that wont go away your right alot of these kids know this i know mine does
we have had countless hours of talks about life
rest assure he will not have to wait 10 years for good information

and as far as faith we all and i mean all the parents pray that their child does not get hurt mentally as well as physically

turn off your tv reality shows are not real

if you choose to let your kid play and allow him to be led by someone who doesnt reassure the values you set
some teacher you are be proud
me im gonna take care of your kid
im gonna take care of my kid
and the kids being hurt
submission is quiting and your teaching submission

fight in the dying of the light
which means never give up
never quit always believe and you will succeed
the man upstairs taught us that
what have you learned

ILS1
10-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Well said Biggbrother!! My sentiments exactly!!

Pudlugger
10-28-2004, 06:16 PM
First let me congratulate the Hutto Hippos. This team went from 1A to 3A in two UIL cycles! In the meantime, they have maintained a winning record and have been to the playoffs in 2001. This coaching controversy, which has raged on a thread entitled :Hutto 14 La grange 6 for the past week has focused more on lynching the Hutto coach than the game itself{I personally think this game was one worthy of some comment, seeing as the Lep D scored early and kept the hapless Lep Offense in the game until the middle of the fourth}. Notwithstanding the outstanding Leopard Defense, the folks from Hutto want a new coach. Well, let me ask you this: since Hutto is winning, and has a 5-3 record going into week 9, is it because the coach is a jackass that you want to fire him, or hasn't he won enough games for the Hutto fans to be satisfied? To put it another way, would you be looking for a new coach if you were 7-1? What Hubris for a town to expect to go from a 1A to a 3A in 4 years and win just about every game. I really think you should look at yourselves in the mirror and ask what will happen to Hutto in 2006 when they go 4A, and get pounded by the powerhouses that they will find themselves competiting with then. Just a little perspective from a humble observer backing a 1-7 team with pride.:eek:

Mandy
10-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm not posting to twist any golfballs here Mr. Pud, but the coach hasn't won anything. His team has won those games...now I can say this he's a nice guy off the field. But favoring what parents ask for or favoring players isn't what football is about. That's where the coach doesn't know left foot from right. If he treated the game how it should be treated and put in players that should be playing then maybe things wouldn't be so...lets say...stupid.

But again, I am Mandy what do I know about football? Probably jack crap from a barrel...HOWEVER, I know the difference from those who are favored to the average joes...possibly the difference from 'why are you running it up the middle or passing it to the same person who the other team already knows is going to get the ball' type thing too. But like I said, I don't know...so then why does this two cents matter? It doesn't...nor should. Should it Guapo? I'll wait for your consent.

Pudlugger
10-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Okay so you think he is a jackass even though yall are winning and moving up in the divisions at the same time. So you want a coach that is nice, and wins too, right? I call that ingratitude. So far the fans on here from Hutto show no class. They whine about their coach who has brought them up from a stinking 1A team to a 3A contender. Wow, what does it take to get respect in Hutto?:eek:

ILS1
10-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow!! Hutto is growing fast but not that fast!!! Hutto was 1A until about 1987. Then they went 2A in 1988 until 2001. This is just their 3rd year in 3A. BTW,when Hutto went to the playoffs last was in 2001 and they had the 2A State Player Of The Year (Phillip Graves who's @ UNT right now) running the ball as well. He nearly ran him into the ground as well. I've been trying to keep out of this discussion. But I guess my biggest beef with the current coach is he's all about individualism and not the whole team concept. He's all about 1 or 2 STAR players and the heck with the rest. Once defenses starting keying on them he makes NO adjustments or tries to go to other players,he just hopes his star players abilities alone will get them thru it. Enough about this on to other things!!! Good luck Hippos!!!

52madmidget
10-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Pudlugger let me ask you something which do you learn more from winning or losing? When you lose who's to blame? Do you Blame the players for La Grange for their Losses? Just want to know your side.

Pudlugger
10-28-2004, 08:13 PM
I don't think it is necessary to blame anyone in this case. Sometimes a team has great talent and the coaches don't perform and they lose. Sometimes a team has less talent but the coaches get the most out of them and they win. Sometimes the team has less talent and no matter what the coaches do they lose. In the case of La Grange, they are in a building year. They lost several key players to graduation and haven't been able to fill the slots yet. They are young and will mature into a fine team in a year or so. It seems to me that the coaches usually get the blame though. Everyone loves a winner , but sometimes a team has to go through a dry spell. What is happening in Hutto is different though. They are winning in an uphill battle through the divisions and still are after the coach's job. Seems like a lack of gratitude to an outsider who admittedly does not have all the facts.

ILS1
10-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Sometimes a team has great talent and the coaches don't perform and they lose.

I guess it's just that we see this team has a whole lot of potential and talent. And it's not thoroughly used. There is alot of that talent sitting on the bench or on JV waiting for a chance. It's not all about 1 or 2 players. It's very frustrating. I definitely think this team SHOULD be 7-1 but they will probably end up 6-4 or 5-5. I'm hoping for a 7-3 record and a trip to the playoffs but it is highly unlikely. But I guess we can look on the bright side this is a VERY young team!!! 110 kids came out for football this year and ONLY 9 are Seniors!! BTW,here's the coach's record since he's been @ Hutto.

1998 4-6
1999 4-6
2000 6-5 (Made the playoffs,lost in the 1st round)
2001 6-5 (Made the playoffs,lost in the 1st round)
2002 1-9
2003 6-4
2004 ?????

BTW, I don't think they will be 4A until the 2008 realignment.

BIGGBROTHER
10-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah pud i had the same sentiments exactly a thread titled
hutto 14 la mange 6
buahhahaha sorry la grange

anyways what got my goat was the individualism of the parents againts the coach for their own reason yet none for the right reasons

for example this kid is this color this is why he plays so much
yet he is one of the most talented
this kid is playing over my kid crap
and other

and my statement to that was this team has stood together
through not only their parents but also a coach that does run a good thing into the ground

and yes they are winning on pure talent alone over 85% of there plays are broken

now pud your an outsider looking in and your right wrong topic on the wrong thread ill get to that later

like i was saying people were on here making statements and whatnot
my whole deal was if we are to get rid of this coach make it for valid reasons not personal
personal reasons divide the team faster than anyone coach

and you know what i mean because of the crap la grange is goin through

anyways hutto is in a 3a bracket for about another 2 years
and when we go to 4a we will be already known
hendrickson it was a scrimmage but they were shut down
travis scored 12 points quick and that was it
yeah we are going to 4a soon thats why we need a new program now

the 2a wave that the present coach rode in on was the walker wave and the wins the team has produced in the past 2 years
are from young great athletes and juniors and seniors that refused to quit
his before that he was 1 and 9 i think

the la grange leopard played a great game friday night with an early defensive score and fought to the bitter end of a 14 to 6 loss to hutto
hutto scored on a pass from kerley to knapp on a 4th and goal
situation from the 20 yrd line
2nd score came off a tremendous run from dakota wampler running up the gut 60 yds for 6

la grange would have routed hutto if not for a stellar performance by huttos defense which held the leopards to a total of 92 yrds
and did not allow the leopards passed the 50 yrd line the entire 2nd half

great game hippos

they are winning because they want to
they could be state champs this year if other coaches didnt watch game films and see the 4 plays of a one page playbook
or maybe they win because they like getting yelled at for doing good or maybe they get injured to be questioned why did they do that
maybe

ILS1
10-28-2004, 09:09 PM
yeah we are going to 4a soon thats why we need a new program now.the 2a wave that the present coach rode in on was the walker wave and the wins the team has produced in the past 2 years are from young great athletes and juniors and seniors that refused to quit

My thoughts exactly Biggbrother!!

Can you imagine if Coach Walker would have stayed. His 2 sons (Grant & Todd) would have been stars @ 3A Hutto instead of 5A Pflugerville? BTW,I believe they STILL live in the Hutto school district?? Grant's bio @ Purdue and it lists his hometown as Hutto,Tx!!!

:p

Mandy
10-28-2004, 09:31 PM
hmm...I'd say stalker but who knows...friend or foe? Grant was in my fourth grade class--I doubt he even remembers me. I use to see him occasionally at various HEB's around here. But off of Grant. Pud the use of jack and his arse should in no way compare to my british slang of that fabulous W. But you're Pud and I suppose it'll just have to be passed...not right...but eh...can't be a democrat in Texas without that electoral College holding you back from using your voice. And don't imply that I'm saying I'm a democrat. I'm not a real political person. But that's besides the point, so it doesn't matter.

Anyways, as for that remark you shouldn't imply that I think the coach is a jackrabbit. I never said or implied it. I simply posted what I know and what I've seen. Off the field he's a decent person, on the field it could be two different stories.

Didn't you also post something a year ago when La Grange was topdog out there that no matter what if they lost players to graduation or whatever that it wouldn't affect them later on? So what's up with this 'building' technique? It shouldn't be blamed on 'graduation' that good players are gone...you win some and you lose some it's the point of the game. I talk high about Hutto when we lose, talk high about Hutto when we win. I don't bash good teams, even if they were once the underdog...don't underestimate the underdog...they always come out on top.

theyoefnshow
10-28-2004, 11:22 PM
talk all the crap you want to La Grange but like Cameron last year, they will rebound. Besides, who is Hutto to talk with an overall record like that over the past 6 or so years? And you look forward to going to 4A? You can barely stay above water in 2 and 3A!

Mandy
10-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Apparently no one can read post without skimming through it. Nobody put La Grange down. Sure some people call it La Mange but there's always shirts of little running cheetahs that says Leotards and La Mange on top--I don't know where they came from...but I've seen them.

But on a side not mr. ash whole why do you always find a way to bash Hutto? You should eat your own words, talk all the crap you want about Hutto but like...wait...no we don't need a rebound

Why are all these people getting upset over Hutto going as far as they have this year than the previous years? It's either you're jealous of the competition or scared.

BIGGBROTHER
10-29-2004, 08:26 AM
yoe no show always talks poor water boys always do

mandy did you or anyone from hutto on this sight talk crap about
cameron last year

funny how chicken hawks get all fluffed up about a team who did what last year

theyoefnshow
10-29-2004, 08:54 AM
that's funny because Cameron has never played Hutto before and sorry if I feel that putting down La Grange is not cool. La Grange is and has always been a grade A club and just because they have an off year....sure, go ahead and jump all over em, easy to kick a team when they're down. As for success, what success do you speak of? 6-4? That's impressive.

Pudlugger
10-29-2004, 09:10 AM
[i]Didn't you also post something a year ago when La Grange was topdog out there that no matter what if they lost players to graduation or whatever that it wouldn't affect them later on? [/B]

I might have. For the past 5 seasons the Leps have been able to put together new teams despite graduating tons of talent (Tye Gunn, Lawrence Dobbins, Josh Melnar, Josh Cavanec, the Schramms etc). This year they just fell short probably 'cause they are thin in the O line and can't get the running game going. Without a passing Qb that spells trouble. Most games the Leps have played showed real fiber in the defense. Even against Cuero the D managed a couple of stops inside the red zone. The O never could move the chains despite many opportunities provided by a stiff Defense. That gets frustrating and leads to breakdowns such as that 60 yard scamper up the middle when the Hutto-LG game was already decided in the last seconds (similar thing happened against Sealy). This Lep team has talent and I think they might win their remaining two games to salvage some pride from a disappointing year. I call it a building year 'cause the team is developing several promising sophs and juniors especially at Qb and the O line. When these guys get seasoned and confident they will start winning. The frosh and jv have a bunch of raw talent coming up too, so that will make a difference down the line.Look at Cameron this year after they went 1-9 in 2003. I hope LG takes a page out of their book and instead of blaming the coaches, just keep trying to get better .:)

BIGGBROTHER
10-29-2004, 10:42 AM
yeah like 1-9 right
i never kicked the lep
maybe name called like la mange leotards
but never kicked them
i agreed with you about the a+ status
and said that la grange played with more character than alot of the 19 3a teams
they are tough and like pud said will be getting tougher
especially 76#? boy is huge
anyway
i thought the team played hard
and yes was a shell of the former team yet still had the backing behind them next year will be even tougher good luck leps
shutyoemouth

Mandy
10-29-2004, 01:58 PM
nope biggbrother can't say I remember ever saying anything about Cameron. I can't put down a team I've never seen play; that's respectful enough.

As for La Grange they played good--the only way they scored was a fault on Hutto's part--but if you think about if there was no fumble then--would the score still be what it was? Tied 0 to 0 or Hutto in the lead? Who knows. But, if I twisted the 'blaming the coaches' bit on 'we're having an off season' would it make any difference? Not really. It's like people who put both socks on at the same time or one sock at a time--all in all it doesn't matter we're still going to end up putting our shoes on. That's all I'm saying.

ILS1
10-29-2004, 03:52 PM
As far I can remember NO ONE from Hutto was bad mouthing La Grange. It's been quite the opposite,everyone has been giving them the respect they deserve. I said all along "you can never count out La Grange". They will back next year,watch and see!!!

Pudlugger
10-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
As far I can remember NO ONE from Hutto was bad mouthing La Grange. It's been quite the opposite,everyone has been giving them the respect they deserve. I said all along "you can never count out La Grange". They will back next year,watch and see!!!

Ya know, no one has dissed the Leps from Hutto and I've always had respect for this team. They are a very promising program that just gets better and better. I hope they get the coaching controversy settled. I expect a lot from the Hippos in years to come.:)