PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel fans!!! Why are your Tarpons listed in the SA paper?

SintonFan
10-22-2004, 10:13 PM
The SA Express News has listed Port Isabel stats this year among "area" teams in San Antonio. What's up with that???
I'm not complaining, just curious...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2004, 01:07 AM
I wish I knew. Port Isabel is only a short 4 hour drive away from San Antonio.

This is just a VERY wild guess, but maybe some of the sports writers from the San Antonio paper were impressed by how many fans Port Isabel brought over to the Alamodome in the semi-finals last season.

Like I said, just a VERY wild guess. Honestly I have no clue why Port Isabel would be listed as an "area" team in the San Antonio paper.

sinton66
10-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Maybe all the sports writers are from P.I.;)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Maybe all the sports writers are from P.I.;)

Yeah, right. If that were the case then the entire RGV would be considered San Antonio "area" teams as well as the rest of the "immediate area" San Antonio teams.

Seriously though, I have no clue. Hey Footballgal, what do you think of all this?

Keith7
10-23-2004, 12:55 PM
lets pray they dont say anything bad about P.I. cuz all their fans would commit suicide or kill the writer that said anything

11TARPON
10-23-2004, 03:16 PM
The SA paper probably read Keith7's playoff schedule and they probably felt they needed to correct something.

huarache18
10-23-2004, 03:19 PM
I don't understand that

PI-fan
10-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
lets pray they dont say anything bad about P.I. cuz all their fans would commit suicide or kill the writer that said anything

So now we're a bunch of killers? :p Okayyyyy.

Dude go work on your 7th edition of the playoff brackets... but take a peek at the texasfootballratings bracket, they'll teach you a thing or two. :D

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 10:17 PM
I thought it was cool that PI was listed in the Express news.
Hopefully, one day, someone beit an internet site or newspaper can list all stats from across Texas. Maybe it's just wishfull thinking, but that would be incredible.

footballgal
10-24-2004, 09:30 PM
I send them the stats... NOT! :D

When did this come out and was it like a one time thing or has it been coming out on a regular basis Sintonfan? Maybe you should print them out, because sometimes they don't even report them here.

SintonFan
10-25-2004, 09:45 PM
I don't normally buy the Tuesday paper but you guys were there. Maybe I should type them here? I look for it again this week.

footballgal
10-25-2004, 09:50 PM
You don't have to, just PM them to me. Unless they're good you can post them. :D j/k You can send me a PM. Thanks Buddy!

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 08:29 PM
OK in this weeks Express news top teams.
PI is ranked among area teams:
No. 9 in rushing
No. 8 in total defense
No. 10 in pass defense
This among all area Greater SA teams. Not too bad.:cool:

footballgal
10-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
OK in this weeks Express news top teams.
PI is ranked among area teams:
No. 9 in rushing
No. 8 in total defense
No. 10 in pass defense
This among all area Greater SA teams. Not too bad.:cool:
Really? What is considered the Greater SA teams?? I didn't even think Cotulla was considred SA area, much less Port I. Was this for all classifications?

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Yes, all classifications.
Rushing stat was 291.6 a game
Total defense was 177.9 against
Passing defense was 56.4 against
Shows that these stats are for seven games.:thinking:
Yall stack up well up in San Antonio.

footballgal
10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
I am still like, why would they include PI, they must sell alot of papers in Port Isabel or RGV in general.

I just sent my hubby to go buy today's edition of the SA Express News, that and Ice cream :D

11TARPON
10-26-2004, 09:12 PM
I like the fact that our school from So Texas is being highlighted together with the SA schools. They probably sense a rematch with LH. Therefore helping LH analyse the production from the Tarpons. I wish that our local papers(Herad and STar) had a sports section every day. Some day they just download stats and reports from the AP and that's all that we get.

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I thought coaches are supposed to call this in?:thinking: :confused:
SA considers itself South Texas, too.:D

footballgal
10-26-2004, 09:53 PM
I thought coaches are supposed to call this in?:thinking: :confused:
SA considers itself South Texas, too.:D
Yeah I was looking at the paper and there was a note that reads:

Coaches who wish to update stats should call Ken Eilert at 830-303-0195 from 1-5pm. Sundays or 8-11 am Mondays. Stats may be faxed to 210-250-3351 before 11:00pm Saturdays stats may be e-mailed to keilertexpress-news.net before 11am Mondays

So, apparently the reason PI is in the SA paper is, because stats are being submitted, by someone in PIs coaching staff.

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
I always did, growing up in Cotulla, only an hour away I always did consider SA south texas.

Yeah I was looking at the paper and there was a note that reads: Coaches who wish to update stats should call Ken Eilert at 830-303-0195 from 1-5pm. Sundays or 8-11 am Mondays. Stats amy be faxed to 210-250-3351 before 11:00pm Satrudays stats may be e-mailed to keilertexpress-news.net before 11am mondays So apprently the reason PI is in the SA paper the stats are being submitted by someone in PIs coaching staff.
Someone who is very dedicated to your school.:cool:
gni fbg...

footballgal
10-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Someone who is very dedicated to your school.:cool:
gni fbg...

I do see a much older man, dressed like the rest of the coaches, kinda looks like Coach Staumbaugh with a clipboard and pencil at hand on the sidlines and wonder if he was the "statisticianist" (?)

hmmm what does gni fbg mean?