PDA

View Full Version : Graham 24 Breckenridge 7 - Final

Adidas410s
10-22-2004, 10:06 PM
This game was A LOT closer than the score says. Graham scored with a minute to go on an option run to stretch the lead. It was 0-0 at halftime as Breck through an INT inside Graham's 10. Breck moved the ball well most of the game but a lack of mental toughness hurt as mental errors by the QB led to 4 sacks of 15+yds/each and 2 ill-advised 50 yd throws for INT's. Breck's QB is a REAL talent but needs more talent on the o-line and a coach to work with him in the offseason (i THINK he is a jr) to turn him into a smart QB. If they can surround him with talent on offense then Breck can be a top team next year...similar to this year's Decatur squad. I would compare this guy to Decatur's Dane as far as QB ability but just needs to improve in the above mentioned areas.

This was a great win for Graham and I actually let up on Bourquin because he was smart enogh to go to more options instead of running 42 counter 25 times in a row and hoping that it would work...it did not break for a big run 1 time tonight but they were able to get around the corner enough times to win this game. Additionally, they FINALLY unveiled a few new pass plays that proved to be the difference as they were able to complete 2 or 3 passes for big gains in the 2nd half.

Good game by both teams...great win for Graham...hope it gives them the momentum they need going into the playoffs to beat Gainesville.

VWG
10-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
This game was A LOT closer than the score says. Graham scored with a minute to go on an option run to stretch the lead. It was 0-0 at halftime as Breck through an INT inside Graham's 10. Breck moved the ball well most of the game but a lack of mental toughness hurt as mental errors by the QB led to 4 sacks of 15+yds/each and 2 ill-advised 50 yd throws for INT's. Breck's QB is a REAL talent but needs more talent on the o-line and a coach to work with him in the offseason (i THINK he is a jr) to turn him into a smart QB. If they can surround him with talent on offense then Breck can be a top team next year...similar to this year's Decatur squad. I would compare this guy to Decatur's Dane as far as QB ability but just needs to improve in the above mentioned areas.

This was a great win for Graham and I actually let up on Bourquin because he was smart enogh to go to more options instead of running 42 counter 25 times in a row and hoping that it would work...it did not break for a big run 1 time tonight but they were able to get around the corner enough times to win this game. Additionally, they FINALLY unveiled a few new pass plays that proved to be the difference as they were able to complete 2 or 3 passes for big gains in the 2nd half.

Good game by both teams...great win for Graham...hope it gives them the momentum they need going into the playoffs to beat Gainesville.

I heard that Graham lost one of their key players to an injury, and the Breckenridge QB also went out of the game with an injury.
I also got a report on the game that said their were a lot of personal foul penalties in the game, and one kid was ejected.
Graham and Breckenridge have been playing each other for years..... very intense rivalry game.

Adidas410s
10-22-2004, 10:16 PM
yeah Chance Condran hurt his knee. Judging by that he was able to put "a little bit" of weight on it on his own before sitting down on the table, its most likely a partial tear to the ACL. He got hit by 3 guys (shoulder, ribs, and knee) at the same time. The hit on the knee was a helmet. This is the knee that he tore this summer on his right leg that was broken when some Jacksboro guys took a lead pipe to his leg. Sad to see the kid get hurt...but sadly enough its a fitting end to the choices that he made that initially damaged the leg...but I will leave that alone for now...

GreenMonster
10-22-2004, 10:49 PM
I had Breck picked in an upset special tonight so here I go tying on my bib as I am about to take a great big bite of Crow sandwich. Congratulations Graham.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Dang for my bad luck! I'll be out of town next weekend and will miss the much anticipated Graham-Vernon matchup and the 3aDownlow T-Shirt sign.

:(

VWG
10-23-2004, 09:27 AM
This game will be interesting because if Condron goes down for the year, then Graham will be without the returning District MVP.
At 200 lbs he is a force to be reckoned with, and they don't have anything that is even near his size to replace him in the backfield.

VERNONLION#1
10-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Dang for my bad luck! I'll be out of town next weekend and will miss the much anticipated Graham-Vernon matchup and the 3aDownlow T-Shirt sign.

:(

Hey Z I will get your sig. on the shirt for you like we talked on our way the game.

fury900
10-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Hey Z I will get your sig. on the shirt for you like we talked on our way the game.

T-shirt is lost

Old Green
10-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by fury900
T-shirt is lost The T-Shirt is actually lost ?:confused: