PDA

View Full Version : Double Pass

bccards
10-22-2004, 09:35 PM
QB drops back, passes the ball and the ball is batted. The QB catches his own pass and throws it again, completing it for a long gain. What's the rule?

Chief Woodman
10-22-2004, 10:07 PM
I would think taht as long as he caught it behind where he threw it the first one one be a lateral not a forward pass. Thus it is the QB to QB tick flicker.

bccards
10-23-2004, 12:22 AM
The Refs called it right, and finally marched it back, then a Panther mouthed off to a Ref, another 15 yards, then 5 more yards for an illegal forward pass.. It was I believe 3rd and 39, BC stops them 4th and 12, anahuac punts the ball, BC touches the ball and Anahuac gets ball back.. BC had one of the most terrible performances tonight that i've seen in a long time (Besides the Buna game last year). When you fumble 3 punts, that doesn't win you the game!

shankbear
10-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Anahuac took this game on the strength of their play on 3rd and 4th down. Further, BC didn't finish off their tackles. They would make an initial hit but they wouldn't wrap.

Special teams were weak and the turnovers were killers. The bleacher coaches would want you to think that all that was Coach T' and his staff's fault. Wrong. The crowd was as flat as the players also.