PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy in Boston!

Phil C
10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Some fans were overcelebrating in Boston and it cost a young student her life when she was hit by a pellit. A tragic waste over something that should have been very joyful. There have been vandelism and destruction and rioting by some cities such as when Denver won the super bowl and Pittsburgh the world series once. It is ok to celebrate but if you can't control your liquor then celebrate and drink at home. This was a senseless waste and it cost a 21 year old woman her life. The Boston mayor should immediately call the San Antonio mayor to get tips on how fans should be influenced to behave properly. San Antonio didn't have those problems when the Spurs were NBA champions. A sad tragedy that is sickening.

scrub c
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
idiots !

neck_06
10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
i hope they get something figured out before they win the world series

handNthedirt
10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Even though they are from BAAAAHSTON, they are still freakin' Yankees!!!

spiveyrat
10-22-2004, 09:52 AM
A pellet from a pellet gun?

RTX 14
10-22-2004, 09:54 AM
its frekin sad how people act sometimes

Pigskin 2004
10-22-2004, 10:04 AM
I heard it was supposed to be a non lethal device used to break up crowds, like a rubber ball or something that is shot, don't know for sure?

southern_thunder
10-22-2004, 10:08 AM
(CBS/AP) A college student celebrating the Red Sox come-from-behind victory over the New York Yankees was killed after a police officer called in to control the rowdy crowd shot her in the eye with what was designed to be a non-lethal projectile.

Fifteen other people, including a police officer, suffered minor injuries in Boston's Kenmore Square neighborhood early Thursday, after thousands of baseball fans spilled onto the streets near Fenway Park to celebrate the Red Sox winning the American League pennant at Yankee Stadium.

Boston's mayor said he was considering banning alcohol sales in the city during the World Series to avoid a repeat of the rowdiness.

Victoria Snelgrove, a 21-year-old journalism major at Emerson College, was hit by a projectile fired by an officer on crowd-control duty. Snelgrove, of East Bridgewater, died of a head injury at Brigham and Women's Hospital later in the day.

Police Commissioner Kathleen O'Toole said officers were using projectiles "designed to break upon impact, dousing the target with (pepper-like) spray."

"While I firmly and emphatically accept responsibilities for any errors," O'Toole said at a news conference Thursday, "I also condemn in the harshest words possible the actions of the punks (Wednesday) night who turned our city's victory into an opportunity for violence and mindless destruction."

CHS_Grad '85
10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
:eek: :(

Ranger Mom
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I heard on Good Morning America they were thinking about "outlawing" all alcohol from the Stadium AND the bars during the World Series.

How do you outlaw alcohol in a bar??:confused: :rolleyes: :doh:

tmac
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
why did the cops even go sounds like the only way people got hurt was by the 5-0

Phil C
10-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Thank you for the detailed article So and to those for the correction. A terrible thing to happen.

Bandera YaYa
10-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by tmac
why did the cops even go sounds like the only way people got hurt was by the 5-0 The cops were called in because of the vandelism and fights and they even set 2 city trucks on fire.......tha'ts why! :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
10-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Boston mayor should immediately call the San Antonio mayor to get tips on how fans should be influenced to behave properly. San Antonio didn't have those problems when the Spurs were NBA champions. A sad tragedy that is sickening. [/B] i agree, but No one will look to San Antonio, cuz we aren't a MAJOR sports town........too bad, huh????? :rolleyes:AND, guess who her family will sue....the City of Boston......the thugs and drunken fools who started the riots, will get away scott free, as usual.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

gobbler grad
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
i heard on radio it was a type of bean bag and hit her in the eye.
very sad story!!

BIGGBROTHER
10-22-2004, 02:27 PM
TEAR GAS CANNISTER TO THE EYE
COPS SHOULD HAVE BEEN READY FOR IT
AT MARDI GRAS EVERY YEAR LIMITED COPS CONTROL A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DRUNK HAPPY SOBER WHAT EVER PEOPLE WITHOUT VIOLENCE
SAME THING HAPPENED IN AUSTIN PEOPLE GOT CRIPPLED JUST BECAUSE 10 GUYS STARTED A FIGHT

44INAROW
10-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
i agree, but No one will look to San Antonio, cuz we aren't a MAJOR sports town........too bad, huh????? :rolleyes:AND, guess who her family will sue....the City of Boston......the thugs and drunken fools who started the riots, will get away scott free, as usual.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Amen YAYA.. it is as it usually is.. The guility ones get away scot free

shankbear
10-22-2004, 02:29 PM
You ever wonder if the concept of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their actions ever crosses these demonstrators minds? Celebration has nothing to do with vandalism and destruction.
Geeez Louise, Wally.