PDA

View Full Version : My 3A division 2 Playoff Bracket Projection and Predictions

Keith7
10-20-2004, 08:59 PM
http://img95.exs.cx/img95/3892/3Afb23.jpg

tell me what you guys think

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Don't let the 2-0 district record fool you, Crockett isn't very good at all. They won't get into the playoffs, much less beat Kirbyville.

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Don't let the 2-0 district record fool you, Crockett isn't very good at all. They won't get into the playoffs, much less beat Kirbyville.

thats kinda an upset pick.. who ever wins that game will go on to lose to Bridge city regardless i think

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Send it in to the UIL. ;) Looks good...we'll bring it back throughout the playoffs to see how your predictions turned out.

Flourhead
it looks good except if Rice plays Jasper then Rice will win

CHS_CG
looks good

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Caldwell just missed the playoffs in my pretend world

CheerMom
10-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Looks good to me!!:D

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Crockett is terrible, they have struggled in their first 2 district games against Palestine Westwood and Huntington. They are about to take 3 straight blowout losses to end the year. Here is how 21-3A looks like it will end up:
1. Palestine
2. Diboll
3. Rusk
4. Crockett
5. Palestine Westwood
6. Huntington

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Send it in to the UIL. ;) Looks good...we'll bring it back throughout the playoffs to see how your predictions turned out.

last year we had a game where we picked the winners of e very game thru a bracket.. i hope we get to do that again. .I got both winners right

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Crockett is terrible, they have struggled in their first 2 district games against Palestine Westwood and Huntington. They are about to take 3 straight blowout losses to end the year. Here is how 21-3A looks like it will end up:
1. Palestine
2. Diboll
3. Rusk
4. Crockett
5. Palestine Westwood
6. Huntington

ho did you sneak diboll in there???

rhs78
10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
i don't see ingleside beating port isabel , i don't even see it as a close game. what i can see of pi's record and stats. they will have a good chance of going very deep in this bracket. they are usually underestimated. i say the pi and rice game last year, pi was very tough and they should be this year.

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah, Keith, I know - I started out with it & had only missed one D1 & two D2 picks at the end of the 2nd round. Chickened out & dropped out before round 3 started because I picked PI over LH and since I had so many right before that, if it happened, I didn't want my name attached to it. (Sorry, LHMom...) :(

I also picked Gainesville to beat Burnet. :(

rhino33
10-20-2004, 09:10 PM
where u from rhs 78 if u dont want to answer in here then pm or something, if u dont mind

SoulTaker_IP
10-20-2004, 09:12 PM
maybe ip can sneek up on some teams this year and make it farther then u predicted

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Kinda dicey to be able to see D2 brackets right now.....anything is possible this far out, Keith....your projection at this point should be as good as anybody's. Still hope Gilmer gets to go D1....a Gilmer-Decatur D1 Region I/II semi-final would be a barnburner.

marlin fan
10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
:mad: :clap: most of it looks pretty good!!!!

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by SoulTaker_IP
maybe ip can sneek up on some teams this year and make it farther then u predicted

sweetwater is a good team

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Kinda dicey to be able to see D2 brackets right now.....anything is possible this far out, Keith....your projection at this point should be as good as anybody's. Still hope Gilmer gets to go D1....a Gilmer-Decatur D1 Region I/II semi-final would be a barnburner.

you are right.. and i will prolly fix anything i messed up att the end of the season and make new predictions.. this is just what i see right now

dogdad
10-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Mt Vernon would beat Wills Point by 35 if they did meet in the 1st round

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ho did you sneak diboll in there???

What do you mean sneak Diboll in? They were the favorite to win the district in the preseason, after their loss to Palestine they look like they will take 2nd.

Diboll is favored to beat Rusk this weekend, if that happens there will be a 3 way tie for the district title. Here is the scenerio, assuming these 3 beat the 3 weaklings (Crockett, Westwood, Huntingtin)

Rusk beats Diboll
1. Rusk
2. Palestine
3. Diboll

Diboll beats Rusk (17 points or less)
1. Palestine
2. Diboll
3. Rusk

Diboll beats Rusk (18 points or more)
1. Diboll
2. Palestine
3. Rusk

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:17 PM
What do you mean sneak Diboll in? They were the favorite to win the district in the preseason, after their loss to Palestine they look like they will take 2nd.

Diboll is favored to beat Rusk this weekend, if that happens there will be a 3 way tie for the district title. Here is the scenerio, assuming these 3 beat the 3 weaklings (Crockett, Westwood, Huntingtin)

Rusk beats Diboll
1. Rusk
2. Palestine
3. Diboll

1. Palestine
2. Diboll
3. Rusk

1. Diboll
2. Palestine
3. Rusk

you are prolly right.. i'm not an expert in e very district.. alot of it i just went by what they have done lately.. and they lost to palestine last week..

i'll go back later now that i have some peoples opinions and fix what ithink should be fixed.. thanks for your help

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:32 PM
ok check it out texasjeremy

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Looks good as far as district 21 is concerned.

Tiny
10-20-2004, 09:35 PM
The biggest problem I have with it is LH will beat Jasper if jasper should get that far, which I doubt.

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiny
The biggest problem I have with it is LH will beat Jasper if jasper should get that far, which I doubt.

welll what makes you think that?

marlin fan
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
I think Marlin and Fairfield will do a lil better than u have them doing IMHO!!!!!

Tiny
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
The two games I saw jasper play, I was not that impressed, have some athletes but not that good as a team. I just think when it gets tough they can be beat, just my opinion.

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
I think Marlin and Fairfield will do a lil better than u have them doing IMHO!!!!!

Don't be so sure, that is an extremly weak district. Fairfield can't beat China Spring, who knows about Marlin. Its kinda like Gilmer, we all think they are good, but they haven't been tested this year, so who knows what they will do when they actually have to play someone.

Tiny
10-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Don't be so sure, that is an extremly weak district. Fairfield can't beat China Spring, who knows about Marlin. Its kinda like Gilmer, we all think they are good, but they haven't been tested this year, so who knows what they will do when they actually have to play someone.

Thats what I'm saying, lets all just set back for a while it is a little early to be projecting brackets.

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:47 PM
The two games I saw jasper play, I was not that impressed, have some athletes but not that good as a team. I just think when it gets tough they can be beat, just my opinion.

I know it was week 1 but Jasper beat a good WO-S team in a close game.. so i believe they can get it going when the going gets tough..

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:48 PM

Gilmer has out scored its opponents 323-64 its hard for me to argue against that

there is still a strong chance they go D-1 and that screws up my entire bracket so who knows

marlin fan
10-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Thats what I'm saying, lets all just set back for a while it is a little early to be projecting brackets. oh well he posted this thread to get feedback!!! so im just saying what i think!!! lol and ur right it is to early but hehe its like to wonder!!!

Keith7
10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Thats what I'm saying, lets all just set back for a while it is a little early to be projecting brackets.

its week 8 and i wanted to be bold and get it out there before anyone else.. and if everyone keeps giving me info then this may end up being pretty accurate

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Yea Tiny, but remember, filling in brackets after its all over is kinda like shooting fish in a barrel---right now its like shooting an arrow at a flock of flying birds while standing in a hammock

Ranger05
10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
i think canyon could possible make so noise in the playoffs

Keith7
10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
i think canyon could possible make so noise in the playoffs

to see canyon click this link

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21287&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Ranger05
10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
i think ppl should watch out for them in the playoffs. there a really physical team (in the past not sure about now) and have some great athletes

IHStangFan
10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Zapata goes DI most likely correct?

Keith7
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Zapata goes DI most likely correct?

yes.. click here

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21287&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Ranger05
thanks keith but i was jw do u know much about canyon i know 2 years ago they had a really good team that was good enough to knock us off the year we went to state

Keith7
10-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
thanks keith but i was jw do u know much about canyon i know 2 years ago they had a really good team that was good enough to knock us off the year we went to state

i dont know much abotu them.. i just know what i can find on the internet.. which is their stats/schedule/results..

so i cant determain the intangables such as heart/determination/weather and just plain ole luck

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Zapata should be a "lock" for the D1 if they win any district games at all in District 31. They have 801 enrollment, next up is San Diego with 480.

Keith7
10-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Zapata should be a "lock" for the D1 if they win any district games at all in District 31. They have 801 enrollment, next up is San Diego with 480.

San Diego has over 1 million people.. i wonder why their high school is so small :D

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Yea...and Gainesville is a pretty good size city in Florida, too. Of course everybody has always said Gainesville is not really 3A anyhow.....more like 5A. :D :D

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Gilmer has out scored its opponents 323-64 its hard for me to argue against that

there is still a strong chance they go D-1 and that screws up my entire bracket so who knows

Yes they have dominated, but the best team they will see in the regular season was Daingerfield (a 4-3 team), they will not see any team that is worth a damn until the playoffs, it may be a rude awakening. By the way, I think they are a lock for D1

Keith7
10-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes they have dominated, but the best team they will see in the regular season was Daingerfield (a 4-3 team), they will not see any team that is worth a damn until the playoffs, it may be a rude awakening. By the way, I think they are a lock for D1

They are only a lock if Mineola wins out..

texasjeremy
10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
They are only a lock if Mineola wins out..

No, they are a lock if Gladewater gets in, which I think they will. Gladewater is terrible, but that district is absolutly horrible.

Keith7
10-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Gladewater has a higher Enrollment then Gilmer so if Gladewater gets in then Gilmer will be D-2.. but if Mineola wins out that would put them in 3rd place, and Gladwater would be out; giving Gilmer the highest enrollment of the top 3.. making Gilmer go D-1

if that makes any sense

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 10:32 PM
texasjeremy......I've been waving the Gilmer banner some because I have little info on them from my son-in-law who coaches in East Texas (Not Gilmer's district). He says that the Gilmer "D" is all over 6'2 and run like deer. They remind him of the Gainesville state champ team a couple of years ago. Now I don't know much more than that, but it's more than I know about any of the other teams, except maybe Decatur. I also know it takes more than just a bunch of good athletes to make a champion---but it sure is fun speculating about all this.

PI-fan
10-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Might have to re-think your Ingleside over PI projection...

Granted Ingleside is at 7-1, but that includes wins over two 2As :)

A lil peek into the teams potential:

Zapata 39 Fal 0
Ingleside 43 Fal 21
Port Isabel 56 Fal 8

Don't get me wrong they're a good team and should be a good game ;)

Keith7
10-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by PI-fan
Might have to re-think your Ingleside over PI projection...

Granted Ingleside is at 7-1, but that includes wins over two 2As :)

A lil peek into the teams potential:

Zapata 39 Fal 0
Ingleside 43 Fal 21
Port Isabel 56 Fal 8

Don't get me wrong they're a good team and should be a good game ;)

Everyone knows you cant compare teams like that.. Different teams have different match ups.. that lead to different score.. and no matter what the score is, a Win is a Win

PI-fan
10-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Everyone knows you cant compare teams like that.. Different teams have different match ups.. that lead to different score.. and no matter what the score is, a Win is a Win

Weird cuz Zapata did better than Ingleside... then Zapata beats Ingleside... coincidence?

Yeah wins over two 2As with a combined 2-12 record is win... plz.

it's not so black and white or how u like to put it a win is a win. I'd rather have two wins over Jasper and Cuero than 2 wins against lower classification teams :D

GreenMonster
10-21-2004, 12:44 AM
I think maybe you underestimate Vernon. This a team hardened by a deep run last year with a large number of kids back. The 4-3 record is very deceiving. This is a team that just put all 22 starters on the field at the same time this past Friday for the first time this season. They have a ball control offense that eats up the clock and a defense that is very capable. Coaching staff is very experienced as well. OC was head coach in Electra since 1985 and had several playoff teams as well as being the OC on the 1984 Electra State Champions. DC went to Semis in 1993 as DC in Wimberly and 2 trips to Quarters with IP in 98 & 99. This is a battle hardened staff. They will force turnovers and then play keep-away. Any spread type team should be very wary of the Lions. If you will remember they weren't very impressive last season either. Even so, they ended up giving Atlanta a better test than the eventual runner-up. The Vernon team I watched last week was without a doubt the best team I have seen all season to this point.

IHStangFan
10-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Weird cuz Zapata did better than Ingleside... then Zapata beats Ingleside... coincidence?

Yeah wins over two 2As with a combined 2-12 record is win... plz.

it's not so black and white or how u like to put it a win is a win. I'd rather have two wins over Jasper and Cuero than 2 wins against lower classification teams :D i have to second the fact that you really cant compare teams this way. some teams stack up better against others.....for instance...before we played aransas pass....the spread in points both Ingleside and Aransas Pass were scoring was about the same...but Ingleside would put up more points, but allow more to be scored on them....as opposed to Aransas allowing less points to be scored on them but still did its fair share of scoring....... Ingleside then beats AP 33-7....so again..you cant really compare teams like that...some just stack up against one team better than the next.

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Keith, one minor correction that needs to be made on the bracket. You've got Sweeney being W24, but shouldn't that be W25?

Gilmer Buckeye
10-21-2004, 07:26 AM
texasjeremy......I've been waving the Gilmer banner some because I have little info on them from my son-in-law who coaches in East Texas (Not Gilmer's district). He says that the Gilmer "D" is all over 6'2 and run like deer. They remind him of the Gainesville state champ team a couple of years ago. Now I don't know much more than that, but it's more than I know about any of the other teams, except maybe Decatur. I also know it takes more than just a bunch of good athletes to make a champion---but it sure is fun speculating about all this.

They're not all over 6'2" but they do run like deer. A couple of the linemen in the 3-man front are not even anywhere near 6' but that just makes them more difficult to block and they are quick like cats. There's one guy named Tyrell Waters (5'10" 230) who seems like he knows the snap count. The opposing QB has nearly handed it off to him several times.

I agree that it is hard to know how good Gilmer is because of our schedule, but no one would have predicted us to be 8-0 at this point after losing 18 starters. The way Manuel Johnson has stepped in at QB has been the key, in addition to the defense.

cunbed10
10-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Once again Marlin will surprise everyone again, just watch 2 many weapons this year, and they haven't had a solid game yet, when everyone hits on all cylinders, Marlin will score about 70 points, even in the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Good job Keith. You did a lot of work and if it actually shakes out exactly as you have it start going to Vegas!

I'm hoping Gilmer will go DI to have a great showdown with Decatur. That would be a great game.

IHStangFan
10-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Good job Keith. You did a lot of work and if it actually shakes out exactly as you have it start going to Vegas!

I'm hoping Gilmer will go DI to have a great showdown with Decatur. That would be a great game. MAN...for all ive read and been told....that would be and OUTSTANDING game!!!

Jody
10-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Liberty hill and Barbers Hill are capable of beating Jasper. BH would have to have a good error free offensive game to do it, but I think they are more than capable. With BH defense and Jasper having already been known to give up points, they could take them.

WOS needs some consideration as well. Dn't tell anyone I said that.

Keith7
10-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Keith, one minor correction that needs to be made on the bracket. You've got Sweeney being W24, but shouldn't that be W25?

lol it just looks like a 24.. its actually a 25.. u can tell cuz 25 is in region 4.. and u can see that sweeny is in the region 4 side

spiveyrat
10-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Jody

WOS needs some consideration as well. Dn't tell anyone I said that.

There is no way possible for WOS to go D-II.

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2004, 12:02 PM
lol it just looks like a 24.. its actually a 25.. u can tell cuz 25 is in region 4.. and u can see that sweeny is in the region 4 side

Must need to get my glasses checked. :D

coiled2strike
10-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
it looks good except if Rice plays Jasper then Rice will win

i agree, rice would beat jasper

Bulldog_12
10-21-2004, 12:15 PM
As long as Jasper stays healthy, I think they can go all the way. They have a really good team this year and are chomping at the bit to take that last step. The one that has evaded them the past two years. They are kinda like the philadelphia eagles in that sense, they are due to get that win.

JasperDog94
10-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I think the best thing that could happen to Jasper was the loss to Kirbyville. (except for the injuries) This was definitely a wakeup call. "Could" Rice or LH beat Jasper? Sure. But I wouldn't go so far as to say that they will.

Also, I was surprised to see that you think Marlin will make an early exit this year.

Stangster
10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
You're dashing Snyder's hopes! They really want to play Sweetwater (again) in the playoffs. They would sure hate to wait 365 days to play the Mustangs again. It beats me how anyone would be in that big a hurry to lose (again).

Its good to see Sweetwater finally getting some respect. Thank you.

Tiny
10-21-2004, 03:02 PM
LH Panther Mom, didn't you tell me that LH would win DII this year!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure you did, now that's a bold statement but I guess I will go along with you so you don't have to be all by yourself on this. LH 15-1 DII State Champs!!

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
LH Panther Mom, didn't you tell me that LH would win DII this year!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure you did, now that's a bold statement but I guess I will go along with you so you don't have to be all by yourself on this. LH 15-1 DII State Champs!!

:eek: Well, I don't remember saying it, but it sounds good to me! :D (It might've been LHMom - you know how she gets sometimes...)

Sinton94
10-21-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't see AP making the play-offs at this stage of the game. It will either be Golaid or Mathis.

Keith7
10-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
I don't see AP making the play-offs at this stage of the game. It will either be Golaid or Mathis.

If i remember correctly AP is 5-2... and they are 0-2 in district.. but those 2 losses came from the big dogs in the district.. they only have the weaker teams from here on out.. so they should sneak in to the playoffs in the end

Keith7
10-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
You're dashing Snyder's hopes! They really want to play Sweetwater (again) in the playoffs. They would sure hate to wait 365 days to play the Mustangs again. It beats me how anyone would be in that big a hurry to lose (again).

Its good to see Sweetwater finally getting some respect. Thank you.

perryton is too good for either team though

Keith7
10-21-2004, 06:22 PM
ok i fixed some things.. i put la vernia in d-2 cuz i accidently had somerset on there.. and I put Mt. Vernon over Wills point because i didnt know anything about either team and people had commented on it on both the boards i put this on

thatboy
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Good.......Everyone is counting out Marlin. So we can play the role of underdogs again. Marlin Bulldogs State 04

Keith7
10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by thatboy
Good.......Everyone is counting out Marlin. So we can play the role of underdogs again. Marlin Bulldogs State 04

i'm not so much counting out marlin as I am Counting IN Rice

Keith7
10-21-2004, 07:54 PM
ttt

Tiny
10-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey Keith this is totally speculation, but since were doing it I think LH will face Port Isabell in the quarter finals and that should be a Great game and then I think LH will play Jasper or Marlin in the Semi finals. In my opinion if this happens I'm going with LH to play in the Finals and anything can happen in that one.

Tidal Wave
10-21-2004, 09:24 PM
C'mon Keith, PI losing to Ingleside!!??..please. Sinton and Port Isabel are at the same level, they are nearly identical in ability,size,speed,etc. I know because I saw Sinton and Cuero play and Sinton reminded me ALOT of Port Isabel. Raymondville making the playoffs!!..lol...It's going to be 1. Port Isabel 2. La Feria 3. Lyford(beat Ray-town in decisive game)....Also, Devine losing to Aransas Pass!!....Altair Rice Marlin game should be a good game but I tip the favor to Marlin. Wharton losing to LLANO!!

Region 1 and 2 and some of 3 I give you the benefit of the doubt because you are familiar with that region. But as far as Region 4 I know because I've seen alot of those teams play this year. I will be there at the Ingleside vs Sinton game and i will tell you if Ingleside is worth the hype.

Lastly,Orange Grove making playoffs?...I thought it was going to be 1. Zapata 2. West Oso 3.San Diego....I think San Diego beat Orange Grove.oh well maybe im wrong about that one.

PEACE

Keith7
10-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
C'mon Keith, PI losing to Ingleside!!??..please. Sinton and Port Isabel are at the same level, they are nearly identical in ability,size,speed,etc. I know because I saw Sinton and Cuero play and Sinton reminded me ALOT of Port Isabel. Raymondville making the playoffs!!..lol...It's going to be 1. Port Isabel 2. La Feria 3. Lyford(beat Ray-town in decisive game)....Also, Devine losing to Aransas Pass!!....Altair Rice Marlin game should be a good game but I tip the favor to Marlin. Wharton losing to LLANO!!

Region 1 and 2 and some of 3 I give you the benefit of the doubt because you are familiar with that region. But as far as Region 4 I know because I've seen alot of those teams play this year. I will be there at the Ingleside vs Sinton game and i will tell you if Ingleside is worth the hype.

Lastly,Orange Grove making playoffs?...I thought it was going to be 1. Zapata 2. West Oso 3.San Diego....I think San Diego beat Orange Grove.oh well maybe im wrong about that one.

PEACE

here are your answers

first i'll start off with the easy one.. as much as i'd like San Diego to make the playoffs they lost to orange grove 14-19

and as for Ingleside and PI.. the reason i picked Ingleside is because PI's only loss came to a weak 4a team in los fresnos.. and Ingleside's only loss came to a VERY VERY strong Zapata..

if u dont like my opinions then make your own

Tiny
10-21-2004, 09:42 PM
You go Keith, I agree its just opinions anyway. But it is fun.

Tidal Wave
10-21-2004, 11:17 PM
VERY VERY STRONG ZAPATA TEAM?...LMAO...please.

I am corrected on the San Diego thing.

Los Fresnos is a 5A school NOT 4A. They are currently in fourth in a district that will most likely end up in a 3-way first place tie Harlingen(traditionally strong team lost to Austin Westlake in the Quarterfinals I believe last year),Rivera(have been ranked 12-20 in state this year),San Benito(have been ranked 11-13 in state). WEAK HUH?

Inglesides wins are over Who again?Two 2A teams whose combined record is what again?

In the post you asked for people what they thought about your playoff brackets and guess what I was doin...Tellin you what I thought. If you cant handle another persons opinions then dont ask people for theirs.

As far as im concerned your knowledge about Region 4 is VERY VERY pathetic.

Marlin over Rice
PI over Ingleside
Raymondville doesnt make playoffs
Devine goes further than you say
Wharton beat LLano

MARK MY WORDS

Peace

Stangster
10-22-2004, 12:04 AM

That's what they thought last year too, and they had another thing coming.

mustang04
10-22-2004, 12:51 AM

haha...no stangster, thats what they thought the past 2 years weve faced perryton!

PI-fan
10-22-2004, 12:58 AM
here are your answers

first i'll start off with the easy one.. as much as i'd like San Diego to make the playoffs they lost to orange grove 14-19

and as for Ingleside and PI.. the reason i picked Ingleside is because PI's only loss came to a weak 4a team in los fresnos.. and Ingleside's only loss came to a VERY VERY strong Zapata..

if u dont like my opinions then make your own

lol, he said "tell me what u think" we did... now we make our own? :D our own what?- playoff tree?

Zapata is good, but i don't know about VERY VERY strong http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif

Hey Tiny you're right it's gonna be a LH/PI rematch ;)

rockdale80
10-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Where is Altair? And its a bit early to be making predictions just yet. ANYTHING can happen on any given friday.

Ray_BearKat
10-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Tidal Wave, the only for sure playoff team in 32-3A is PI...the other two places are still up for grabs.

ranger
10-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha...no stangster, thats what they thought the past 2 years weve faced perryton!

:mad: :mad: CHEATERS Ya'll even knew it too. DA official was so worried that Jackson would be mad at him, he didn't call anything. :mad: :mad:

Kool Tarpon 21
10-22-2004, 07:41 AM
What is this I'm reading? I don't know why you say that Los Fresnos is a weak 4-A team. They're not even 4-A. They're 5-A and their district this year is very strong. That's the only loss Port Isabel has which they went into over time and lost it by a field goal. I don't see Zapata as being as strong as everyone thinks. They're district is the weakest district in 3A. Port Isabel will not lose in the second round. Hey, not like it matters, we were supposed to lose in the second round last year too. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Peace up, A-Town down.

thatboy
10-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Marlins offense is probably better than it was last year and we didnt lose many players to graduation.even though we lost a couple players to d1 schools we reloaded again.Im not gonna jinx the team and say we are going to win state but I will say we are the team to beat.

spiveyrat
10-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
As long as Jasper stays healthy, I think they can go all the way. They have a really good team this year and are chomping at the bit to take that last step. The one that has evaded them the past two years. They are kinda like the philadelphia eagles in that sense, they are due to get that win.

UGH! Please don't equate the Bulldogs with the Eagles. I vehemently despise that team. Ever since the crowd there cheered when Michael Irvin got his career ending neck injury, I just can't even stand anything about Philly. I know Irvin was no saint. But cheering while someone is down on the field and is not moving is just plain evil.

IHStangFan
10-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Ingleside only played two 2A teams, of which one was a 3A school last year....and Zapata is a pretty damn good team....they will suprise some people in the playoffs.

Doon
10-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Ingleside only played two 2A teams, of which one was a 3A school last year....and Zapata is a pretty damn good team....they will suprise some people in the playoffs.

Both 3A last year.

Anyway, let's just let the players decide this on the field. Not mom, dad, brother, sister, 3rd cousin twice removed, etc. on a forum. The predictions are how Keith sees it. Let it go!

Tidal Wave
10-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Ray Bearkat you are right. Raymondville does still stand a chance. But most likely Lyford will get in with the win that they had over yall. If yall would have won that one I would tip the favor in your side. Let me think...Rio Hondo has to beat Lyford for yall to still have a chance. OR La Feria has to lose to Lyford,PI and then yall have to beat them like last year, in that case it would be PI,Lyford,Raytown where PI goes D1 :eek: . Anything still can happen Raytown is going to have to step it up but supposedly La Feria is good this year but we will see tonight. If only yall would have friggin beat Lyford. Well see how it ends. Hope for a Lyford loss AND a La Feria loss and your chances of getting in are back on track. Good Luck.PEACE

Buckeye80
10-22-2004, 11:19 PM
last year we had a game where we picked the winners of e very game thru a bracket.. i hope we get to do that again. .I got both winners right

I know. I finished second to you in D2. I had Marlin winning just like you, but you were ahead when it came down to that game.

As for your bracket, I can only speak for Reg II, but Van will not beat Spring Hill, and Pittsburg got blown out by Daingerfield already this year, and they'll lose again. Other than that, I can buy off on Reg. II.

Keith7
10-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Pittsburg got blown out by Daingerfield already this year, and they'll lose again. Other than that, I can buy off on Reg. II.

Thanks for your insight.. i must have missed that Dangerfield has already played Pittsburg when i was making the brackets.. ill have to fix that.. thanks again

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but...who is Llano? I have never heard or read much about them. Fill me in, Keith!

Keith7
10-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but...who is Llano? I have never heard or read much about them. Fill me in, Keith!

i'll be happy to answer..

Llano is a team from district 27, they are 7-1 and their only loss came from highly ranked Liberty Hill...

they have outscored their opponents 246-132

they have played mostly 2a schools during the pre-district but still look strong

LogieJoeBean001
10-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Hmmmm....food for thought! Are they really that good or do you just think that Wharton is that weak?

swatersenior
10-23-2004, 12:25 PM

I dont know they have always been good when we played them and we have always managed to find a way to win

swatersenior
10-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ranger
:mad: :mad: CHEATERS Ya'll even knew it too. DA official was so worried that Jackson would be mad at him, he didn't call anything. :mad: :mad:

ahh im sorry sounds like someone got beat huh? lets settle things on the field and not talk mess bout stuff thats obviously noones concern

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 12:30 PM
i'll be happy to answer..

Llano is a team from district 27, they are 7-1 and their only loss came from highly ranked Liberty Hill...

they have outscored their opponents 246-132

they have played mostly 2a schools during the pre-district but still look strong

Hmmm, not any longer. Looks like they got Thunderstruck last week, didn't recover & lost to a marginal Brady last night.

BIGGBROTHER
10-23-2004, 12:30 PM
uh

BIGGBROTHER
10-23-2004, 12:38 PM
and hutto comes from behind to win the 3a state championship yayayayayayayyyyyy

poster biggbrother was hospitalized today for being stupid
and uh yeah

sorry
go lepostangyoebuffornetigersippos

sinton66
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Keith, you should remove Aransas Pass and insert Goliad in their place.

Keith7
10-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Keith, you should remove Aransas Pass and insert Goliad in their place.

these were made last week.. now another week has passed and alot of things should change.. but i refuse to make another bracket.. I made these for fun not to be called an idiot

Buckeye80
10-23-2004, 12:52 PM
these were made last week.. now another week has passed and alot of things should change.. but i refuse to make another bracket.. I made these for fun not to be called an idiot

You should remove Tatum and replace them with White Oak. JK:D

I like the bracket and appreciate the effort.:clap:

Keith7
10-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
You should remove Tatum and replace them with White Oak. JK:D

I like the bracket and appreciate the effort.:clap:

thanks.. alot of people appreciated them.. and alot of people gave me good comments that i took and fixed.. the bracket that u see now is my 6th version that i had to go back and fix, so i was very open for suggestions..

its just the Port Isabel fans that took it too seriously and it hurt their feelings

Buckeye80
10-23-2004, 12:58 PM
thanks.. alot of people appreciated them.. and alot of people gave me good comments that i took and fixed.. the bracket that u see now is my 6th version that i had to go back and fix, so i was very open for suggestions..

its just the Port Isabel fans that took it too seriously and it hurt their feelings

Ah....I wouldn't worry about a small percentage of people. They support their team, and I guess you can't fault them for that, but I believe it was P.T. Barnum talking about pleasing the people. LOL :D

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Keith, it took a lot of effort on your part to put it together, while making sure the correct teams were in their proper Divisions. In doing it after week 7, sure lots of things were subject to change. I appreciate your effort & look forward to seeing how close you came once the playoffs get here. Keep up the good work! :)

Keith7
10-23-2004, 01:01 PM
maybe i'll make another one and just leave P.I. off and assume that they will choose to stay out of the playoffs that way they cant be mad about my picks because i wont be picking anything about them

GreenMonster
10-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Keith, thanks for a great bracket. It's the bee's knees. Can't get no better. No complaints here. Paints a pretty good picture of the upcoming playoffs. Rediculously hard to get that thing perfect.

11TARPON
10-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Keith will probaby learn a lesson that even the experts are made to look like fools when predicting who will win on any given Friday.
Many of ranked teams have been eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs. Peopne start making predictions in the hope of will their team into the playoffs. It's best to just have fun with this and other forums and enjoy the sports.

Tiny
10-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Keith , You did a good job and it is just for fun! LH and PI will meet again and it will be a Great game! I will say this time WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLUE200

Keith7
10-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
Keith will probaby learn a lesson that even the experts are made to look like fools when predicting who will win on any given Friday.
Many of ranked teams have been eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs. Peopne start making predictions in the hope of will their team into the playoffs. It's best to just have fun with this and other forums and enjoy the sports.

my team has been to the playoffs 26 times, and 6 strait years, and is considered a powerhouse by many people.. i dont think i made this bracket to will my team to get into the playoffs

11TARPON
10-23-2004, 03:07 PM
No need to get defensive Keith, I'm just putting in my 2 cents in with this tread. I'm sure you're team is a powerhouse and probably undefeated. Hopefully for you they go deep into the playoffs.

setex
10-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Haven't read the whole thread but see Bridge City picked for regionals. More than likely they will not make play-offs with the lost to Anahuac.

Hamshire-Fannett played WO-S for at least a halve, you can insert them in BC's spot.

WO-S is known for their defense and HF put 200 plus rushing on them last night. WO-S has one kid name Beasley, who does it all. That could be their only weakness for the State Championship for WO-S, without Beasley they are just a solid club not dominating.

PI-fan
10-23-2004, 06:05 PM

Hey you ask for comments, some ppl said it was unlikely Ingleside would beat PI... including non-PI fans LFPMom, Tiny... and now we got our feelings hurt? :thinking: oookkkaaayy :D

how about the ppl from Waco, Cuero, Iowa Park, Marlin, Navasota, Sinton and others that questioned your picks as well? Are they taking it 'too seriously' :rolleyes:

sinton66
10-23-2004, 06:09 PM

I didn't call you an idiot, but quoting my post as you did makes it appear you think I did.:rolleyes:

PI-fan
10-23-2004, 06:14 PM
i saw that idiot comment and i was i don't think he would call him that... sure enough i scrolled up and didn't see you or anyone else call him that. :p

Keith7
10-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey you ask for comments, some ppl said it was unlikely Ingleside would beat PI... including non-PI fans LFPMom, Tiny... and now we got our feelings hurt? :thinking: oookkkaaayy :D

how about the ppl from Waco, Cuero, Iowa Park, Marlin, Navasota, Sinton and others that questioned your picks as well? Are they taking it 'too seriously' :rolleyes:

look this is what i'm talking about all you guys

Originally posted by 11TARPON
The SA paper probably read Keith7's playoff schedule and they probably felt they needed to correct something.

Originally posted by Tidal Wave

As far as im concerned your knowledge about Region 4 is VERY VERY pathetic.

Zapata is good, but i don't know about VERY VERY strong http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif

Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
San Diego....California? Geez, that stinks. So much for that idea. Actually want Keith to SEE a Port Isabel game in person first before he makes any more un-educated picks.

Dude go work on your 7th edition of the playoff brackets... but take a peek at the texasfootballratings bracket, they'll teach you a thing or two. :D

talkeed about how pathetic and uneducated i was.. everyone else explained their case and i accepted it and fixed it if i felt they made a valid arguement.. instead of doing that the P.I. posters decided to take shots at my knowledge..

all you guys had to do was tell me your case and why you think your team is t he best in state and i wouulda listened.. thats all

Keith7
10-23-2004, 06:16 PM
i'm not talking about the subject anymore.. i respect you guys' opinions and i'm glad yall shared.. but i'm not an idiot, and all i can go by is records and stats.. i havnt seen any texas team play this year...

so go ahead and bash me but this is the last i'm gonna talk about the subject

PI-fan
10-23-2004, 10:44 PM
The only time i guess you can call it question your knowledge was when u made this outrageous statement.

lets pray they dont say anything bad about P.I. cuz all their fans would commit suicide or kill the writer that said anything

This was deserved cuz we didn't agree with your picks? :rolleyes:

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 10:58 PM
You've got to give Keith some credit. I don't see anyone else putting in the effort to make their own bracket. :doh: :thinking:

11TARPON
10-23-2004, 11:01 PM
There's already one being offered at texas football ratings that is unbiased.

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Come on now. How do you know Keith is biased?:thinking:

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:20 PM
OK 2k3! How did you get this Keith's donating tag to read "official hall monitor." :D

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2004, 11:22 PM
SF, Keith did that a few weeks ago. :p

SintonFan
10-23-2004, 11:23 PM
SF, Keith did that a few weeks ago. :p
:o :( :o
Dang, I need to spend more time here.:D

footballgal
10-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Keith, PLEASE just get over it already, you're taking this bracket thing responses from PI posters a little toooo serious. I saw another comment you made on another thread that leads me to believe that this be the case. Hopefully soon you'll find out, that it's just we're very passionate football fans that's all, nothing more and nothing less.

Tidal Wave
10-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I changed my mind, I agree with Keith that Aransas Pass will make it to the 3rd round:D . J/K J/K Keith.

ANYWAYS, how is Terrius Purvey looking?Any chance that Gainesville could turn it around and contend for a State Title again?

mistanice
10-24-2004, 10:54 PM

Rusk beats Diboll
1. Rusk
2. Palestine
3. Diboll

1. Palestine
2. Diboll
3. Rusk

1. Diboll
2. Palestine
3. Rusk

Diboll beat Rusk by 26-14.... so that leaves District 21 with a 4-way Tie. Palestine, Diboll, Rusk, and Crockett at 2-1. Diboll goes to Crockett who was manhandled 61-14 by Palestine last week. Palestine plays Westwood, and Rusk goes to Huntington. What's it look like if it ends up
1.Palestine D1
2.Diboll
3.Rusk

X Man
10-25-2004, 03:34 AM
Jasper wins the State title, other than that, it looks good.

tmac
10-25-2004, 10:35 AM
y do u have bridgeport winning district 7???

BullsFan
10-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by tmac
y do u have bridgeport winning district 7???

He doesn't have Bridgeport winning--he has Bridgeport going in first of the small schools (Division 2). Decatur will win 73A outright but they'll go into Division 1, which is big schools.

Tidal Wave
10-25-2004, 09:10 PM
I guess Keith7 is too bitter to answer my question. Oh well.PEACE