#10 - Iowa Park
#11 - Snyder
#12 - Pilot Point
#13 - Breckenridge
#14 - Sanger
#15 - Glen Rose

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 01:42 PM
That's pretty good. The only thing that I would change is Pilot Point and Iowa Park.

Bubba-Joe
10-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Maybe but Iowa Park played Vernon and lost by only 3 at Vernon
Pilot Point lost to Gainesville at home by 17 points
Gainesville and Graham would be a good round one DI matchup
What are your thoughts??

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 03:06 PM
IP has gotten to play teams when they were down. Vernon was their real first test and they lost.

Stangster
10-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Its good to see Sweetwater getting a little respect. Thank you.

Hawks83
10-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
IP has gotten to play teams when they were down. Vernon was their real first test and they lost.

Obviously you haven't seem IP play much, if at all.

Macarthur
10-20-2004, 05:00 PM

Hawks83 is right. You obviously haven't seen them play. Vernon was not their first real test. 3 of their 7 wins are over 4A competition. They beat wimberly and really man-handled gainesville.

As for the rankings, no way gainesville is ahead of IP when they lost to IP by 20+ at home. I believe IP is a better team than Vernon, but I wouldn't argue too much if Vernon was ahead of them. I think Breck might beat gainesville.

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 05:06 PM
I've seen them against Wimberly and Gainesville. A team can win and still not be impressive. When IP played Gainesville, Gainesville just lost their best player. And at that time, Gainesville had put all their money on Purvey being their all year. That was the first game that he missed and the other kids were lost without their leader. Now they know that they can win without him. IP will probably play Pilot Point in the 1st round and will lose.

Hawks83
10-20-2004, 05:14 PM
I've seen them against Wimberly and Gainesville. A team can win and still not be impressive. When IP played Gainesville, Gainesville just lost their best player. And at that time, Gainesville had put all their money on Purvey being their all year. That was the first game that he missed and the other kids were lost without their leader. Now they know that they can win without him. IP will probably play Pilot Point in the 1st round and will lose.

Did you happen to sit on Iowa Park's side on about the 50?

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 05:18 PM
And what does that have to do with anything?

Hawks83
10-20-2004, 05:19 PM
And what does that have to do with anything?

Several Collinsville people sat just in front of me at the game. Just wondering if you were one of them.

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 05:23 PM
It wasn't me, I have some kin folk from Wimberly. Not to take to much credit away from IP, but almost any team would of beat Gainesville that night. Well, all but Whitesboro.

Macarthur
10-20-2004, 11:35 PM
It wasn't me, I have some kin folk from Wimberly. Not to take to much credit away from IP, but almost any team would of beat Gainesville that night. Well, all but Whitesboro.

So now Gainesville is good, but when IP beat them they sucked? Come on dude.

IP has played a strong schedule. There is no way that IP beats Gainesville by more than 20 in Gainesville and then is ranked behind them when they only have one loss on the season. Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense.

BTW, Purvey would not have made enough of a difference for Gainesville to win that game. It would have been closer, but IP still wins.

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Picture this, you are getting ready for a football game. You have you game plan all set. You have, at the time, the number 3 all purpose back in the nation. The RB is the soul of your team. Then at the last minute you find out that he can't play. How would you honestly respond? The Gainesville kids were emotionally confused. They've only lost 1 game ever with him as a starter. It's a bigger deal when you lose your stud player than you think.

If you played Decatur and Dane didn't play and you won, do you think that would make you a better team overall or just for that one game?

Macarthur
10-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Picture this, you are getting ready for a football game. You have you game plan all set. You have, at the time, the number 3 all purpose back in the nation. The RB is the soul of your team. Then at the last minute you find out that he can't play. How would you honestly respond? The Gainesville kids were emotionally confused. They've only lost 1 game ever with him as a starter. It's a bigger deal when you lose your stud player than you think.

If you played Decatur and Dane didn't play and you won, do you think that would make you a better team overall or just for that one game?

No one ever said Purvey wouldn't make a difference. Look, IP physically whipped Gainesville. Plain and simple. They didn't just slip by on some mental errors by Gainesville. They physically lined up and whipped them. To me that's very different than psychologically being down because you didn't have your best player. The game really wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Now, if that were the only loss for Gainesville, I might buy the "they just had a bad game argument", but it's not their only loss. IP only has one loss. IP has much more of a claim to the "they just had a bad night argument" than Gainesville. I'm not saying IP had a bad night; Vernon played a flawless 2nd half and that was the difference in the game (not to mention a call that reversed an obvious fumble).

Bubba-Joe
10-21-2004, 09:52 AM
After a thinkin it over a couple of cold German soda pop's last night and watchin the Astro's choke it up - while the Bosox's kicked the Yankees I decided to make a few adjustments
And since it is Bubba-Joe's rankings I can do that

#1 - Decature
#2 - Abilene Wyile
#3 - Graham
#4 - Canyon
#5 - Sweetwater
#6 - Perryton
#7 - Lubbock Cooper

#8 - Vernon
#9 - Iowa Park
#10- Gainesville

#11 - Pilot Point
#12 - Snyder
#13 - Breckenridge
#14 - Sanger
#15 - Glen Rose

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
How much alcohol was in that German soda pop. You still are giving IP to much credit and PP not enough. Drop IP down to somewhere around where Sanger is and them move every one up a spot.

Bubba-Joe
10-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Well now I could do that and it might be a sound idea....
But I would have to invest in another 18 pack of cold German Soda Pop
Of course if someone else was to buy the German beverage, then that person's point of view would be held in the highest reguard....

Macarthur
10-21-2004, 10:51 AM
How much alcohol was in that German soda pop. You still are giving IP to much credit and PP not enough. Drop IP down to somewhere around where Sanger is and them move every one up a spot.

That's okay, Leopard, you can move IP down in the 14 or 16 range, but you had better not put Gainesville or Breck ahead of them because they throttled both of them. That was really my only argument; Not where IP was, but who was ahead of them.

Bubba-Joe
10-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Pilot Point - How good are they haven't seen em play don't know much about em

Vernon beat Iowa Park right
Iowa Park beat Gainesville (without big player)
Gainesville beat Pilot Point

I need another cold one too much thinkin and not enuff drinkin for this country boy

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's okay, Leopard, you can move IP down in the 14 or 16 range, but you had better not put Gainesville or Breck ahead of them because they throttled both of them. That was really my only argument; Not where IP was, but who was ahead of them.

So you're saying that since Kirbyville beat Jasper, that Kirbyville should be ranked higher. In most places 1 game doesn't make a season, I guess it does in IP.

Macarthur
10-21-2004, 01:48 PM
So you're saying that since Kirbyville beat Jasper, that Kirbyville should be ranked higher. In most places 1 game doesn't make a season, I guess it does in IP.

You obviously aren't reading all of my posts. I said earlier that if that were the only loss Gainesville had and the rest of their games they throttled the competition then your argument may hold water. But to put a team that is 4-3 ahead of a 7-1 team that lost head to head to that 7-1 team by 20+ points at home is completely insane! It doesn't matter if that 4-3 team was missing Earl Campbell. And if I'm not mistaken Gainesville lost some games with Purvey. So for you to say he would have automatically given them the win if he played doesn't hold water, either. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

Maybe someone else could help me explain this to the Leopard.

Bubba-Joe
10-21-2004, 01:57 PM
I have an idea
ole Bubba-Joe will provide the washer pit and bar-b-q
you
Mac and the red lepard can meet up me and Quail killer and dirt road
throw back a couple of cold German soda's and talk football or whatever
anynight but friday
Course me and Quail killer are pitchin washers on the same team
kinda east vs west deal ya see

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You obviously aren't reading all of my posts. I said earlier that if that were the only loss Gainesville had and the rest of their games they throttled the competition then your argument may hold water. But to put a team that is 4-3 ahead of a 7-1 team that lost head to head to that 7-1 team by 20+ points at home is completely insane! It doesn't matter if that 4-3 team was missing Earl Campbell. And if I'm not mistaken Gainesville lost some games with Purvey. So for you to say he would have automatically given them the win if he played doesn't hold water, either. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

Maybe someone else could help me explain this to the Leopard.

Gainesville lost to Decatur with Purvey. Purvey had the flu that game. He only played 1 half. Decatur still would of won that game. IP is not as strong as Decatur. Do some research and see what Atlanta's record was last year and see where they were ranked and then go see where they finished. Just remember,1 game doesn't make a season.

Macarthur
10-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Gainesville lost to Decatur with Purvey. Purvey had the flu that game. He only played 1 half. Decatur still would of won that game. IP is not as strong as Decatur. Do some research and see what Atlanta's record was last year and see where they were ranked and then go see where they finished. Just remember,1 game doesn't make a season.

I give up.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Man alive I hope that IP draws Pilot Point for the first round.