PDA

View Full Version : Scrub C & FB Coach B40 posters: you are wrong, do your research

g$$
10-20-2004, 03:44 AM
You are wrong...

I looked it up Scrub C & you are wrong. Might try getting your stats right next time through the UIL. In football, Sweeny lost to a stout (Everett boys) Daingerfield team in the State Finals in 1983, the Semis to Navasota in 1988, & in the Quarterfinals in 1989, plus many other deep runs through the '80s & mid 90s. Went 4 rounds deep in 4A also in the '90s, playoffs both years in 4A. 3 rounds deep 4 years ago, etc., etc. How about 6 girls basketball State Finals in 9 years, 3 boys basketball titles, 1 baseball, 1 softball, & another in track during that time? Good programs like that are known state wide. WC was in that same 4A district right? What did they win besides nothing? Tennis was decent for you. WC has been down for as long as I can recall since Wayne Williams left town buddy. Charlie Johnson before that. You're riding a 1/2 year wave; 1-9 last year right?

Sweeny WON that 3A baseball district last year too. Wharton was 2nd, Needville 3rd. And, I made a call to check this with a coaching friend: Williams NEVER pitched against WC last year, other kids did get shelled in a tourney. So you will get a steady dose of straight cheddar twice this year when it counts. As for the 1st Wharton game, I am told it was a fluky deal on a disputed call, but Sweeny still won the district by a full game. Just one of those games (very few hits allowed - not smoked as you said, some walks, 1 HR), but he homered 3 times himself vs. Wharton alone last year. I don't need to defend him. He was Newcomer of the Year for that District & County as a sophomore. So you need to learn baseball as well as football evidently. WC failed to even make the playoffs last year (in any sport).

And Scrub C, you are not Jim Rome buddy, & I am not on anyone's prostate. I am telling you kids to watch. 1 game means nothing, I get paid to scout potential for the future, 3-5 years down the road. The Williams kid is 16 years old & talented by my records. Nowhere near his ceiling yet. I also told you others in the SE Texas Area: Hammack (Angleton), Kyle Russell (Tomball), Aaron Thompson (2nd Baptist), Diego Seastrunk (Channelview), 2 kids from Boerne, Flores from Corpus Christi, Kyle Drabek from The Woodlands, Daryl Jones from Spring, etc.. Williams fits into that group too. Howard from WC is a marginal D1 prospect (Sam Houston). Maybe you could be objective & watch these kids for yourself without blinders on. I live in west Houston & travel extensively, not Sweeny, but I do have contacts there in the area. I keep up with the area as a whole.

As for football, WC has the better team this year. Flannel is an interesting prospect & young. Lane has done a good job there, he's a friend of mine. You will be fortunate to keep him much longer. He learned under Weddell at La Marque. I saw the Needville - Sweeny boxscore & you were wrong there too. 31-7 Sweeny right, 240 yards passing for Williams on only 18 attempts in 1st game back since Zero Week? And junior LB Wendel Davis has D1 written all over him (Texas early leader). Maybe you should go to Vegas & lose your refinery money. Nice try Neck. Come see me at the WC - Sweeny baseball game. I will make it a point to be at that one. Come read my radar gun & maybe you can learn something that night. I'll be easy to spot behind the plate if you have a set. Sweeny wins that baseball district - book it now & let it sink in. WC has some sticks, very little pitching. Learn to appreciate talent & the game is much more enjoyable. Those of us who have played it at a high level already know that. Ignorance really is not bliss, it just exposes you.

scrub c
10-20-2004, 07:54 AM
get there early because there will be plenty of radars at the game. But that is par for the course at any of our games.

And YOU are completely wrong on who wins the district PAL.

WC will run the table. Just llike they did last year against all the 3a teams they faced. SWEENY and NEEDVILLE and WHARTON.

I have a good friend who is an UMP and said the kid throws 85 MAX. and saw him get SHELLED in the playoffs.

But that is neither here nor there. WE will see this spring wont we.

Back to football. Series History:
Sweeny leads the series 26-25-1.
Yeah that sounds like complete domination to me. So go get your shinebox and bring it to WC on Friday.

pancho villa
10-20-2004, 07:58 AM
sweeny can only hope to come in second in the 3 major sports this year.

FbCoachB40
10-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Hey Ga$$, you can go off on scrub c like that, but I sure wish that you would post exactly what I wrote. I said that the Williams kid was good. With a "wicked slider". However, Wharton jumped on that kid in the first game of district. Sweeny battled back and made a great game of it. At our park for the district championship, we faced Lowery. He pitched an awesome game and we lost. Williams has a ton of potiential. However, he will be tested against the sticks of WC. If you are so envolved in evaluating talent, why didn't you mention Tyler Barker at Wharton? This center fielder is the good. In select league this summer, he smoked the BIG prospect out of Nederland on the first pitch clocked at 96. He tattoed the 375 sign in the left power alley

pancho villa
10-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Wait till the necks get ya'll on the diamond, I hope it lasts more than 5 innings.

scrub c
10-20-2004, 02:29 PM
ttt

neck_06
10-20-2004, 04:29 PM
what about ward, howard and minks? they all got first team all district last year, howard and ward were 1st team all-county as well, are they not "prospects"?

g$$
10-21-2004, 06:23 AM
FB Coach - I apologize if I offended you. You were very objective in your comments, but Williams was not shelled in that game vs. Wharton. I have seen the tape & he had a rough 1st inning after a disputed check swing that would have ended the inning. He also came back in to pitch later in that game & was dominant. The CF Barker kid you mentioned has some tools, but no one sir throws 96 mph from Nederland. They do have some good kids there, but nowhere near those figures. Believe me, but great baseball area in the Golden Triangle. I need to see more of Barker, just a couple of times so not good enough evaluation. It should be a competetive district, but I'm told those kids from WC have never had success against Williams. They know what is coming down the tracks. Have to see if they step up or not. What most people fail to realize is the avg. MLB fastball is 89-90 mph; major college ball is 85 mph for RHP / 82 mph for LHP. You win with location & movement. Straight cookies get raked, especially if you don't change speeds. Haven't been to WC since Finch & Varner were there. Finch had a good year in the minors & has a chance. Finally figured it out after he left A&M.

Necks - Sweeny's overall program is down, but was very dominant from the early 80s through the mid 90s. Just look at all the titles won during that time. I have spoken as to why it's changed before, but they will compete in baseball for the district title. Williams sat at 88-89 mph all summer for the Houston Heat, touched 91 numerous times. Fine select ball program right there. Your ump friend is flat wrong. Plus he is 16, so who cares? I look at where he is heading & what he can be. He has some things to work on too, like getting stronger to fill out that frame. He was never shelled in the playoffs either. He won 2 playoff games for Sweeny on a 1 hitter & 3 hitter, then lost to Yoakum in his 3rd start in 7 days. I went to the Yoakum game to scout Riley Boening (LHP) & saw them both throw. Williams had a dead arm in that one after overuse & gave up a couple of early runs then settled down; velocity was way below normal & not normal explosion. He should not have been pitching but Sweeny had few options. Boening was great & no hit Sweeny. He's another top kid to watch (84-86 mph), & he's left handed with a good hook. Williams projects well as a Pitcher & 3rd Baseman at the next level, love his pop with the stick. Howard was mentioned by me - marginal D1 kid going to Sam Houston; watched him on the Angels all summer. Brantley & Minks fall in line after that; we'll see how they come along. Maybe that's why I will be at that game huh? Relax, just mentioning some top area kids. You can have your opinion & I will have mine. I just enjoy good talent no matter where they are from. And when you get a kid hitting 9s on the gun, you take notice. Especially if they know how to pitch, expand the plate, have a breaking ball, etc.....130 Ks in 80 innings. I don't care what classification it is, those are good #s for anyone, & he will only get better. Hope to see you down the road & revisit this topic. Keep those kids healthy for the Spring.

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 07:21 AM
They wiil compete for 2nd.

scrub c
10-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Yes, Sweeny is down and dried up, like I said in earlier posts. Sweeny did have good runs in the 90's about 9 years worth. and like I posted earlier the FOOTBALL series is as follows:
Sweeny 26 wins
West Columbia 25 wins
1 tie between the two in the 52 meetings of these schools.

I wish someone could come up with series records for thump/thump and baseball.

Anyway, I dont think you have a leg to stand on when you carelessly throw out the word "dominant" in the same sentence with west columbia and sweeny.

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 07:53 AM
tell that fool scrub.