PDA

View Full Version : would you?

hutex04
10-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Like to play football for the univercity of texas

sinton66
10-20-2004, 06:16 AM
I'd say that's a decision better left to the school board in question. You should be very careful where you go with this. We aren't here to serve as a venue for personal grudges.

3afan
10-20-2004, 06:42 AM
depends ... there's so much more than just wins and losses - or at least there SHOULD be

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree with 3afan.

Old Tiger
10-20-2004, 08:17 AM
would you.....

quit complaining

GreenMonster
10-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Would you like to be in that coach's shoes. I wouldn't. Win or move on is my philosophy. It's the way of the coach. But at the same time, what was the program like when he arrived? I can point out several coaches just in my area that took 6-8-10 years to get their first playoff trip that went on to become perenial area powerhouses. For instance Charlie Johnston in Childress. Took over that program in the 60's and wasn't until the 70's that he saw any real success. Finished his career a coupla years ago right up there in wins with G.A, Moore and Gordon Wood. Another good example is Leo Brittain in Vernon. Tokk over there in the 70's. Started having success in the 80's with a couple of Semi-Final runs halted by the great Daingerfield teams of that era. Finally won a title in the early 90's after taking it on the chin in the Title game the previous season. Followed that up with a pretty good 3 year run at Wichita Falls High where he led them to the 4A Semi's in 2000 I believe. My point is, this guy could be a great coach in waiting. Don't give up on him too soon. My previous comments "win or move on" is my personal thoughts of what the coach should do not what the school board should do. I think that school boards often times saw off their noses to spite their faces. Usually personal issues involved. I know from experience, 4 AD/Head Coaches in 6 years of school ball. Kinda tough to win when the program changes that much.

hutex04
10-20-2004, 10:26 AM
I have edited the original question, so I don't start problems on this board. But my objective was not to cause a stir up. I was just getting the opinion of others if they had a coachwith a record like that; and canned him. I did not name a specific coach or complain about the record. Just asked for an opinion.