PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Godfather

sinpirate
10-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Phil C, where are you? I just knew we would have been updated on the Junior High Volleyball games by now? Tonight has been so slow on the boards. Come home Phil and put some excitement back on this board.

pirate4state
10-19-2004, 10:54 PM
lol

Phil C
10-20-2004, 09:45 AM
On Monday night the Sinton Junior High Volleyball team (Lady Marauders) played Mathis. The 7th Grade B Team, the 8th Grade A and B teams won. The 7th Grade A team lost in a close match losing by 2 points in a highly competitive last game that both teams played well. Way to go Lady Marauders!

Phil C
10-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Last night in 30AAA High School Varsity Volleyball Sinton had the bye. Mathis beat Aransas Pass by 3 to 2 and Goliad beat Ingleside 3 to 0. The District Standings as of now are 1. Goliad at 6 - 0, 2. Sinton at 5 - 1 , 3. Mathis at 3 - 2, 4. Ingleside at 2 - 5, and Aransas Pass at 0 - 6. Sinton plays Mathis in volleyball this Friday at 4:30 P.M. in a very important game. Sinton and Goliad have cinched playoffs births already. The Friday game will be critical so those that can should come to the game Friday then go to the football stadium for a frajita burger then a big football game between Sinton and Mathis.

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Friday then go to the football stadium for a frajita burger then a big football game between Sinton and Mathis. [/B]

Hey Phil what's with this guy (pretty big) at the gate there at Sinton blocking the fence behind the ticket gate. A few of us walked in through the Sinton (why it is separated is beyond me) gate and when we realized it, we wanted to walk through the space which he was blocking and he would not let us through, he said you have to go out and pay again to come back in through the visitors side. Well after a few choice words, a school employee asked us to go out and come back in without paying again. I was annoyed for a while, but then I just calmed down and enjoyed the rest of the night. After I mentioned this to a couple of friends from Sinton, they told me that the guy lives in Taft, has no one playing for Sinton, but just became a Sinton fan on his own. That little fence behind the ticket gate must serve a purpose, but I have no clue what it would be, is it to keep visitors out or Sinton folks in? My favorite sport is eating and some stuff is not available at the visitors side, or runs out fast or maybe I just want to visit a relative or friend on the other side. If you know, let me know. Thanks.

pirate44
10-20-2004, 10:37 AM
On Monday night the Sinton Junior High Volleyball team (Lady Marauders) played Mathis. The 7th Grade B Team, the 8th Grade A and B teams won. The 7th Grade A team lost in a close match losing by 2 points in a highly competitive last game that both teams played well. Way to go Lady Marauders!
I'm usually not a fan of jr. high vollyball, but my neice Nicole, is on the Sinton 7th grade "b" team. She is in remission of stage 4 cancer and is out there working her tail off every day. I'm so proud of her.:D

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
I'm usually not a fan of jr. high vollyball, but my neice Nicole, is on the Sinton 7th grade "b" team. She is in remission of stage 4 cancer and is out there working her tail off every day. I'm so proud of her.:D

Way to go Nicole!!!:)

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2004, 10:50 AM

It must take alot of courage, as well as mental and physical strength!

I admire her for her efforts and wish her only the best!:clap: :clap: :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 10:59 AM
:clap: :clap: that alone deserves 2 more :clap: :clap:

Sinton94
10-20-2004, 11:03 AM

Unbelievable....and we think we have problems! She must be a pretty amazing kid! What is her last name if you don't mind me asking? She is in our prayers!
:clap: :clap:

Phil C
10-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Pirate44 we are all proud of her. I won't be able to go to their last game but if she plays basketball please let me know. My son was in her class a few years ago. Way to go Nicole!

pirate44
10-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Nicole Leigh Hesseltine. She was diagnosed in April 2002 i think and finished with an exteme regimen of chemo in june or july of 2003. I can say after seeing her go through all that, i don't know if i could do it and I'm 32 yeard old. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Phil C
10-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Mike I don't know who the person is you are talking about. I don't know if they try to keep fans separated because they are afraid of fights or something. I will try to get over to see you Friday night if I can. If you see me I will be the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap. I hope they let me through. I was in Aransas Pass and they did the same thing but the man let me through the gate when I wanted to find some friends on the AP side. I guess it is a protection type thing. But they should make exceptions for folks wanting to buy some food though.

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 11:17 AM
i think its basically so that there will not be some village idiot roaming around on the other side of the bleachers and starting trouble. and i will be the first to admit, we have A LOT of village idiots

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 11:19 AM
I'll try to be there early but I always say that and I'm always late. I am going to live forever, because when my times comes, I am going to be late and miss that too.

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by mikecheck
I'll try to be there early but I always say that and I'm always late. I am going to live forever, because when my times comes, I am going to be late and miss that too.

at half time, dont forget to meet 'The Crew' at the visitors buses. A host of Sinton folks will be there. . . hey, we'll even be nice, we wont let the Sinton faithful rag on ya too much for wearing the other pie-rats clothes :-D

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
at half time, dont forget to meet 'The Crew' at the visitors buses. A host of Sinton folks will be there. . . hey, we'll even be nice, we wont let the Sinton faithful rag on ya too much for wearing the other pie-rats clothes :-D

I'll probably be wearing an A&M long sleeve. Still maroon right, heck it cost me $26k might as well wear it. (my daughter it working on her masters there and all I get is this t-shirt)

Phil C
10-20-2004, 11:27 AM
LOL good one Mike. Sometimes some of the downlow members meet at halftime by the street just about 40 yards west of the ticket office. I will try to find you if you can't meet there and they let me through the visitors' side.

Phil C
10-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Also congratulations to your daughter on her good work at Texas A&M!

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 11:29 AM
just tell the ticket people you need a smoke, and they will let you back in... works on the sinton side, and heck, you'll be wearing maroon and white, who knows, they might mistake ya for one of us :D:D :D

Phil C
10-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Sorry District but our posts crossed! :) Anyway we got the information across!

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
just tell the ticket people you need a smoke, and they will let you back in... works on the sinton side, and heck, you'll be wearing maroon and white, who knows, they might mistake ya for one of us :D:D :D

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2004, 11:39 AM
You know, I really think it is to deter the younger kids.

Mike, since we are on this subject (and I am almost afraid to ask) Mathis has this fan that usually stands out in a crowd. Bet you already know who I am referring to. He shows his belly and shakes it. He also makes some fairly rude gestures with his tongue. What's up with him?:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Mike, since we are on this subject (and I am almost afraid to ask) Mathis has this fan that usually stands out in a crowd. Bet you already know who I am referring to. He shows his belly and shakes it. He also makes some fairly rude gestures with his tongue. What's up with him?:confused:

I believe his name is Raul. He got banned from any Sinton ISD complexes, if im not mistaken. Really good laugh this guy. . . i have no clue what his major malfunction is, but its fun to watch... i dont know if this sounds bad or not, but just my take

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Big RAMON. You ought to ask Sinton about him, he lived there also. He is, how can I say this, retarded. I am serious. He went through the school system through the mentally disabled services. I know what you mean and I am always talking to him when he gets ought of hand, which is 90% of the time, but he is RAMON and you won't find a more dedicated fan. He has no parents, its just a sad thing for him really. I don't know what to tell you, he has been run off school events because of his comments and gestures, he has been shot once, but he is what he is. I would like to apologize but my Dale Carnagie course taught me never to apologize in public. Hope this helps.

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks, it certainly gives me some insight into the situation. I can now better respond to the fans on our side who are thinking "what the heck"?

I know he is an avid fan and attends all of the school functions. Ha....he isn't too disabled though ... last year at a football game he spouted out the previous years baseball record for Aransas Pass ... and he was accurate.:D

Thanks again for filling me in.:)

Phil C
10-20-2004, 01:39 PM
He must watch a lot of tv because he knows how to inject ads and tv shows into his cheers. He is just a dedicated fan. He sometimes even insults the Mathis people as well as the opponents. He is just someone that should be made allowances for even though he should sit on the home (Mathis) side when he can. It is too bad he had to be banned. It seems like there should be some way to let everyone know about him so as not to take him too seriously.

Phil C
10-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Mike I think he just recently lost his mother didn't he. A tragic situation. I have never seen him at out of town games. It is a shame he can't go to his own home games though.

mikecheck
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
He still attends events in Mathis, Coach Soza kinda was working with him trying to keep him in line. Even bought him some T-shirts for him to wear at the games. Heck he even wound up at a playoff game at Carrizo Springs and even at Alamo Stadium when we lost to Cuero the day after Thanksgiving a while back. He manages his own Government check. He does have a memory for scores. One other thing is that he can sing just about any Tejano song you can mention and I mean any.

SintonFan
10-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Nicole Leigh Hesseltine. She was diagnosed in April 2002 i think and finished with an exteme regimen of chemo in june or july of 2003. I can say after seeing her go through all that, i don't know if i could do it and I'm 32 yeard old. Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Such a brave young lady! She will be in our prayers.:)

rgn4fb
10-22-2004, 11:36 AM

Isn't her dad an assistant at Ingleside this year?

pirate44
10-25-2004, 06:47 AM
yep.

Phil C
10-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey Pirate 44 I think the Sinton Junior High volleyball season is over and they will be getting ready for basketball soon. Do you know if Nicole is going to be playing basketball too?

pirate44
11-04-2004, 05:20 PM
hey Phil C. Sorry it's been awhile since i read this thread. Ive been out of town on vacation since monday. as far as i know Nicole is playing basketball, but that is what she told me before vollyball started. im going to her house tonight so i will ask her. at the time i was trying to give her a few pointers and she was running and practicing quite a bit. i hope she does play. i just wish they wouldnt play games at 4:30. i work in Corpus CHristi and dont get out till 5:00.

Phil C
11-04-2004, 05:26 PM
No problem Pirate and I understand. Thank you for the update.

Phil C
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Mike I don't know who the person is you are talking about. I don't know if they try to keep fans separated because they are afraid of fights or something. I will try to get over to see you Friday night if I can. If you see me I will be the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap. I hope they let me through. I was in Aransas Pass and they did the same thing but the man let me through the gate when I wanted to find some friends on the AP side. I guess it is a protection type thing. But they should make exceptions for folks wanting to buy some food though.

As an interesting followup though a about four months at the regional game between Sinton and Cuero I did go to the other side to visit Old Green and Gobbla on the Cuero side and even had on my Sinton cap I was treated very well even though I was alone with Cuero fans. I am sure that it wasn't just because Cuero was winning the game. ;) Now maybe they knew because I was the GodFather and ________. :D