PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Make A Few CDs for my College Station Trip!!

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:20 PM
First...i'm making a "Country Greats" cd...so far ive got some Jerry Reed, Mel Tillis, Waylon, Willie, Johnny Cash, Haggard, Lyle Lovett, Kris Kristofferson, Asleep at the Wheel.....yall see where i'm goin w/ the theme...so no "dude you dont have any Toby Keith" or any of those "country" artists..i think the garbage coming outa Nashville today SUCKS...it isnt even country......

Second...i'm wanting to put one together w/ a kinda "Tap Your Foot" theme.....so far I've got a little Clapton and a little Stevie Ray Vaughn......i'm THINKING about maybe mixin in some BB King and maybe some Ray Charles as well......any suggestions??

Thanks guys and gals!!

jason
10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
how bout some zepplin or skynyrd....oohh, hank williams jr.....uhm, grateful dead....hmm....steppinwolf - magic carpet ride - CLASSIC

44INAROW
10-19-2004, 05:22 PM
you got any Omar and the Howlers? Little Feat?

Ranger Mom
10-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Creedence Clearwater Revival in honor of Sinton66!!:D

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by jason
how bout some zepplin or skynyrd....oohh, hank williams jr.....uhm, grateful dead....hmm....steppinwolf - magic carpet ride - CLASSIC AH...some Hank..good call....ive got alot of Dead in the truck already...also MUCH zepplin, skynyrd as well. how could i of forgot Hank....MAN i must be tired. thanks Jason!

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Creedence Clearwater Revival in honor of Sinton66!!:D have MUCH CCR as well...GREAT band!!

Keith7
10-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Put some Ashlee Simpson on there :inlove: :inlove:

44INAROW
10-19-2004, 05:25 PM
I think he's trying to get there awake :D

Head East - Flat as a Pancake.. excellent traveling music

IHStangFan
Originally posted by Keith7
Put some Ashlee Simpson on there :inlove: :inlove: i owe you a slap :p

jason
Originally posted by Keith7
Put some Ashlee Simpson on there :inlove: :inlove: lol...you are officially out of our loop....

how bout some good ole george strait....

'...amarillo by mornin, up from san anton....everything that i got.....is just what i got on, when that sun is high in that texas sky, ill be buckin at the county fair.......'

Keith7
10-19-2004, 05:27 PM
i'm sorry for trying to promote my girlfriend jeez....

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:27 PM
lol...you are officially out of our loop.... LOL.....my thoughts exactly...Keith...i'll burn you some CDs and mail em to you.....youll notice your friends wont laugh at you as much when you play these cds as compared to your NKOTB and NSYNC cds. :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2004, 05:28 PM
The Eagles-Hotel California

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think he's trying to get there awake :D

Head East - Flat as a Pancake.. excellent traveling music

I love them!! (I think)!

Don't they sing "Never been any reason"??

jason
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL.....my thoughts exactly...Keith...i'll burn you some CDs and mail em to you.....youll notice your friends wont laugh at you as much when you play these cds as compared to your NKOTB and NSYNC cds. :D dont forget the backdoor, i mean backstreet boys...

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:29 PM
lol...you are officially out of our loop....

how bout some good ole george strait....

'...amarillo by mornin, up from san anton....everything that i got.....is just what i got on, when that sun is high in that texas sky, ill be buckin at the county fair.......' yeah, ya cant go wrong w/ George Strait, ESPECIALLY the older stuff. i had my friend Jessica w/ me a few weeks ago...shes from Bryan...likes alot of R&B, hiphop, that kinda stuff....she gets in and starts rifling through the cd cases...and to my suprise she goes "OH..George Strait...i love George Strait" and throws him in the player and starts singing along!! LOL.....amazing.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Dude, no Elton John or Rod Stewart???????

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:30 PM
i'm sure none of you guys have ever heard of The Sidehill Gougers...but if you like country w/ a hint of bluegrass, great vocals as well as instrumental.....try and track some of their stuff down.....they are AWESOME!

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Dude, no Elton John or Rod Stewart???????

EWWWWW:tongue:

Gobbla2001
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
The Eagles-Hotel California

The live version if you can...

Yah, can't go wrong with George Strait, well, atleast I can't, has been in my ears since I was about this tall (you guess, I can't show you here)...

Lynyrd Skynyrd has kept me alive on long trips, never lets me down...

but you have to have have your mom runned over by a damn-doe train if you plan to make this trip...

Keith7
10-19-2004, 05:31 PM
LOL.....my thoughts exactly...Keith...i'll burn you some CDs and mail em to you.....youll notice your friends wont laugh at you as much when you play these cds as compared to your NKOTB and NSYNC cds. :D

I dont like them.. just ashlee

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4040/ashlee1.jpg

Flourhead
1. Norma Jean
2. Demon Hunter
3. The Agony Scene
4. Underoath
5. As I Lay Dying
6. Slipknot
7. Chimaira
8. Atreyu
9. Throwdown
10.Machine Head
11.Poison the Well
12.They Came Burning
13.Korn
14.Nirvana

the first five bands are christian so they're the best ones

IHStangFan
Dude, no Elton John or Rod Stewart??????? Ya Ya...youre the LAST person i want to say this to...as...i dont want to come off as a sexist pig...but...i reserve that kinda stuff for sippin wine by a fireplace w/ a lady friend. :)

jason
shes hott...

TheDOCTORdre
Garth Brooks- Friends in Low Places

jason
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
how bout some cletus t jud....

'....i love nascarrr......'

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
how bout some cletus t jud....

'....i love nascarrr......' LOL...thats all right....i have about 3 Rodney Carrington cds in the truck if i suddenly feel the urge to laugh. :D

Ranger Mom
10-19-2004, 05:35 PM
April Wine, ELO, Boston, ZZ Top, Bachman Turner Overdrive

fb_gurl
10-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Not much into the "country" music thats coming out of Nashville...
BUT Aaron Watson has some really great songs out... I am a big fan of his... he isn't gunna sell out he's gunna stay true to TEXAS!!

jason
10-19-2004, 05:36 PM
LOL...thats all right....i have about 3 Rodney Carrington cds in the truck if i suddenly feel the urge to laugh. :D

'....she crushed a beer can with her head, lord her foreheads red...ive been dancin, with a big man....'

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by fb_gurl
Not much into the "country" music thats coming out of Nashville...
BUT Aaron Watson has some really great songs out... I am a big fan of his... he isn't gunna sell out he's gunna stay true to TEXAS!! Aaron Watson RULES!! my cousin is on the event staff at Midnight Rodeo in Austin....and him and his brother hung out w/ Aaron Watson a few weeks back after a gig...said hes a cool guy. do you like Dierks Bentley? saw him live about 6 months ago...pretty good show....also really like Jason Allen.....saw him awhile back....did alot of old George Strait covers as well as some of his own stuff.

44INAROW
10-19-2004, 05:39 PM
I love them!! (I think)!

Don't they sing "Never been any reason"??

you are correct RM :clap:

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:39 PM
OOOOHHH!! Thank You BearShare....i forgot how good Jerry Reed's "Guitar Man" was...talk about make me wanna tap my foot....as....i pick this style of guitar myself :)

fb_gurl
10-19-2004, 05:40 PM
I am a big fan of Direks Bently... and Jason Allen. I saw Aaron Watson in concert at the Burleson County Fair... he is AWESOME in concert. He is gunna play a free concert b4 the Aggie game at the AggieFan zone!!

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Ya Ya...youre the LAST person i want to say this to...as...i dont want to come off as a sexist pig...but...i reserve that kinda stuff for sippin wine by a fireplace w/ a lady friend. :) So, you're a wine sipper??????? :nerd: :D

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:41 PM
So, you're a wine sipper??????? :nerd: :D LOL!!! depends on the occasion i guess :p

Gobbla2001
I'm pretty sure you will not venture to CS without drinking a beer or 12, IHS, so how about some 'Beer' by Cory Morrow?

44INAROW
April Wine, ELO, Boston, ZZ Top, Bachman Turner Overdrive

April Wine...... OMG the memories....... guess we are showing our age here

Bullaholic
"Me and Bobby Magee" or anything else by Janis Joplin

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm pretty sure you will not venture to CS without drinking a beer or 12, IHS, so how about some 'Beer' by Cory Morrow? Gobb, i knew you of all people would have some good input...ive got Cory Morrow songs POURING outa my cd wallet....i'm a big Morrow fan as you know....you ever heard of Rivertrain?? i saw them open for Cross Canadian Ragweed once at Schroeder Hall....they were damn good!!

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
"Me and Bobby Magee" or anything else by Janis Joplin got it...and lots of Jeff. Airplane

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2004, 05:44 PM
LOL!!! depends on the occasion i guess :p Ok, Ok........peace!! :)

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Ok, Ok........peace!! :) youre a character, LOL

Gobbla2001
10-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Gobb, i knew you of all people would have some good input...ive got Cory Morrow songs POURING outa my cd wallet....i'm a big Morrow fan as you know....you ever heard of Rivertrain?? i saw them open for Cross Canadian Ragweed once at Schroeder Hall....they were damn good!!

Yah, heard Rivertrain at Party In The Pasture outside of Cuero a couple of years back, didn't pay too much attention though...

CHSBaseball07
10-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Cross Canadian Ragweed , Skynard, Dery Dodd , Cory Morrow, Kevin Fowler, Pat Green , Jason Boland, .......i know you already got those though.......

just my 2 cents

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Cross Canadian Ragweed , Skynard, Dery Dodd , Cory Morrow, Kevin Fowler, Pat Green , Jason Boland, .......i know you already got those though.......

just my 2 cents you know it man!! along w/ Robert Earl Keen, James McMurtry, Jack Ingram, etc.

on a diff. note..i cant believe i havent though of Reverend Horton Heat before now!!

Keith7
10-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Come on.. just 1 Ashlee Simpson song

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Keith.....my ex girlfriend used to listen to that stuff....drove me nuts, LOL.

CHSBaseball07
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Keith i sure hope you are playing about that ashlee simpson song...now if you had a picture of her u might hang it on ur rear view and every time u felt sleepy you could look at it haha..j/k

Keith7
10-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Keith i sure hope you are playing about that ashlee simpson song...now if you had a picture of her u might hang it on ur rear view and every time u felt sleepy you could look at it haha..j/k http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4040/ashlee1.jpg

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

GreenMonster
10-19-2004, 06:22 PM
As I started reading this I was compiling a list of my personal fave's to mention. Then I got to page 4 and you hit them all. Pat, Cory, REK, Ragweed........ all but one. The Great Divide. When Mike McClure was still with them I thought those cats from Stillwater actually had a chance to make it eventhough they were from Oklahoma. :doh: too bad they split up. Can't ever go wrong with the Ragweed cause "them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong". Don't forget REK's Front Porch Song an instant classic. Your cowbell would mix nicely with any of these guys.

GreenMonster
10-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh and by the way if anyone gets the chance to see Jack Ingram live I suggest you jump on it. I am a huge Pat Green fan but the last time I saw Pat, Jack opened and burned down the friggin house. After that Pat's show was just kinda hohum. I don't think anyone coulda followed Jack that night. WOW.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Keith.....my ex girlfriend used to listen to that stuff....drove me nuts, LOL. So thats what happened to you.......................... :D :D

big daddy russ
10-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Somebody said Little Feat... you can't come up here without putting "Willing" on that CD. Awesome foot-tapping song. How about some Tom T. Hall (I Like Beer), Max Stalling, Owen Temple or Cooder Graw? Those last three are my favorite Texas bands... just real laid back. Something I'd listen to sitting on the back porch with a beer and my woman or while going out sailing for a day.

CHSBaseball07
10-19-2004, 07:07 PM
SOUTHERN ROOTS BAND...Oh i forgot only people in Caldwell know them........Helluva band though........

sinton66
10-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Creedence Clearwater Revival in honor of Sinton66!!:D

:D :clap:

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Somebody said Little Feat... you can't come up here without putting "Willing" on that CD. Awesome foot-tapping song. How about some Tom T. Hall (I Like Beer), Max Stalling, Owen Temple or Cooder Graw? Those last three are my favorite Texas bands... just real laid back. Something I'd listen to sitting on the back porch with a beer and my woman or while going out sailing for a day. Russ, i will put Willing on the CD...but i already have all the Max, Owen & Cooder i need.....no pun intended there, LOL!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
10-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Nothing bad has ever come from playing some AC/DC.
Some of you might say...your too young for that. Well....i should have been born about 25 years earlier because of the kind of music i listen to. But hey, AC/DC will always do you good.

If you want, i can give you a bunch of song names for a best of cd.

IHStangFan
10-20-2004, 07:46 AM
So thats what happened to you.......................... :D :D oh..you have NO idea Ya Ya.......no idea, LOL.....we men w/ emotional scars...are we that easy to pick outa the crowd?? :p