PDA

View Full Version : 3-3A...Greenwood, Stockton, Monahans

fball_gal310
10-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Just curious...who Greenwood was playing?

RangerMom- Greenwood played a good game against Stockton last week. Too Bad the outcome wasn't different.

Oh and about Ft. Stockton....
They are a tough team and no doubt Wayne is good and he could probably go D-1 but does he have the grades? Talent doesn't matter unless it comes with some BRAINS... They don't bend the rules in college like they do in High School. And Stockton doesn't need to be getting too cocky...Any Given Friday Night someone could come in a kick their butts...just a thought

lobo12
10-19-2004, 04:27 PM
i still dont think he has a shot at goin d1

fball_gal310
10-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Honestly...he could but I really don't think he will either...nobody scouts West Texas and he doesn't have the Career Stats that other D1 quarterbacks are putting up...that just comes with the territory though...

Lobo12- Are you going to Seminole?

Ranger Mom
10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
We play Pecos Friday, Lamesa and then Monahans!

lobo12
10-19-2004, 04:32 PM
no im not going to seminole i think i will make pecos and greenwood though

fball_gal310
10-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Pecos isn't doing too good in the Grades Department... 75% of their freshmen failed and almost half of their JV football team failed also...Greenwood should take this one easy...

Wtx_coach
10-19-2004, 05:13 PM
First of all people, I really think Jefferson can play D1 easily not as a QB but as a cornerback or something, with his speed and talent I think a team would like him, but like one of you guys said it might be hard being from west texas, but I guarantee you if he was at a school where they get alot of publicity he would be a D1 prospect easily, i mean hes winning the district by himself practically, and YES I KNOW there are others helping, but come on guys lets be realistic

Ranger Mom
10-19-2004, 05:15 PM
That is really a shame. Last week when we played Fort Stockton we moved all the juniors who had been playing on JV up to Varsity and just had a freshman/sophomore squad. Fort Stockton wasn't able to field a freshman AND JV team either.

We are having to do the same this week against Pecos!

Ranger Mom
10-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach
First of all people, I really think Jefferson can play D1 easily not as a QB but as a cornerback or something, with his speed and talent I think a team would like him, but like one of you guys said it might be hard being from west texas, but I guarantee you if he was at a school where they get alot of publicity he would be a D1 prospect easily, i mean hes winning the district by himself practically, and YES I KNOW there are others helping, but come on guys lets be realistic

Never give up!! It happened for Dawson Wilber!:)

Wtx_coach
10-19-2004, 05:31 PM
your exactly right rangermom, I think he will go D1, he something special to watch out on the field!

panther power
10-19-2004, 08:27 PM
He has the grades but it is hard to get a ride from west texas, good luck to him though! and good luck to the rest of the district this week. Congrats to Kenyon on being named permain basin player of the week, big game. Is anyone from lamesa on here and if so are they going to the game. And does anyone have any insight on lamesa and what they plan on doing friday to stop our offense?

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach

What grade is he in? My suggestion is to get a video of his best game, and add some footage from various games to it. If the scouts won't come to him, then it can be used for him to promote himself. Now is the time to do it, since there's still season left to play. If a college is interested in him after seeing the video, they'll send someone to scout. It may not get him enough notice to get a scholarship, but may get him an opportunity to try to walk on to a team. If he's good enough, has the size & grades, it could turn into a scholarship down the line. Just my $.02. A lot of good Tech players over the years have come from West Texas - Zach Thomas, Tracy Hurt (if I remember his name correctly), just to name a couple.