PDA

View Full Version : Celina Vs Gainesville

BALLER69
10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
If celina was still 3a would they beat gainesville this year?I know gainesville is not as good as last year but still there a very good team.I know that celina is much better this year.I think it would be a very good game.

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 03:54 PM
hasnt Celina been the total dominating force in 2A more years than not outa the past 5-10 years?? how do they look this year?? i'm curious.

HighSchool Fan
10-19-2004, 03:55 PM
If both teams were healthy and could pass their classes, it would be Gainesville by a blow-out. With Purvey out, I still think Gainesville would win a close one.

BALLER69
10-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I not sure it would be a blowout.

HighSchool Fan
10-19-2004, 04:01 PM
PPHS has seen both teams play, maybe he will give his honest opinion on this matter.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Gainesville would win.. but it would be a good game

dogdad
10-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Royse City has played both teams, and without a doubt, I think Celina would win. Maybe not a blowout, but they would win.
Gainesville is not the same team that won it all last year....still good, but not elite.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Royse City has played both teams, and without a doubt, I think Celina would win. Maybe not a blowout, but they would win.
Gainesville is not the same team that won it all last year....still good, but not elite.

you didnt see the same gainesville team that is playing now

this gainesville team would handle royse city

Tiny
10-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Celina should win this one.

dogdad
10-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
you didnt see the same gainesville team that is playing now

this gainesville team would handle royse city
woulda, coulda, shoulda,.........sounds like a broken record....."we didn't beat y'all when we played you, but we would definitely beat y'all now". Now that is funny!

Guess what?...you played us and you lost.
You're better now than you were then? Guess what? so are we.
But back to the post....it had nothing to do with RC, it's about Celina vs. Gainesville....who would win. I stated my opinion since I've seen both teams. Am I right? Who knows? But if the 2 teams did play right now, my money would go on Celina. Top to bottom they're a better team.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
woulda, coulda, shoulda,.........sounds like a broken record....."we didn't beat y'all when we played you, but we would definitely beat y'all now". Now that is funny!

Guess what?...you played us and you lost.
You're better now than you were then? Guess what? so are we.
But back to the post....it had nothing to do with RC, it's about Celina vs. Gainesville....who would win. I stated my opinion since I've seen both teams. Am I right? Who knows? But if the 2 teams did play right now, my money would go on Celina. Top to bottom they're a better team.

we'll see by who gets further in the play offs (royse city and gainesville) your meaningless preseason game means nothing to me or my opinions..

Gainesville took it to Celina last year when everyone thought the oppisite.. and with a healthy Terrius, there should be no reason the same wouldnt happen again

dogdad
10-19-2004, 06:57 PM
apparently it was not a meaningless game to you or many other Gainesville fans who keep bringing it back up. It was not a big deal to RC either way...just another game whether we won or lost. As far as who goes further in the play-offs, what does that prove? If Gainesville plays a really good team in the first round and loses and RC goes through 2 cupcakes before facing a good team does that prove that RC is better (or vice-versa). Does not prove anything...neither do rankings...the only way to prove which team is better is to play. We played and RC won. Gainesville players and coaches were very classy after the game, why can't the fans get over this defeat? Time to move on.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 06:59 PM
scroll up a little bit.. you are the one that brought RC.. and u act like all Gainesville posters bring it up..

there are only 3 of us on here.. me and high school fan.. and the other one only talks abotu college football..

it sounds like you are the one who is emotionally scarred from it.. maybe you should be proud of the win and not let my opinions effect you so much

dogdad
10-19-2004, 07:31 PM
I didn't realize you had opinions, I guess I haven't been paying attention....what are your opinions, please share them with me.

HighSchool Fan
10-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Where is PPHS when you need him. He has no loyalties to either team. PPHS, please put your feeling aside and give us your opinion.

BALLER69
10-19-2004, 08:01 PM
well celina did beat RC 34-9 and gainesville lost to them 20-17

KTJ
10-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
scroll up a little bit.. you are the one that brought RC.. and u act like all Gainesville posters bring it up..

there are only 3 of us on here.. me and high school fan.. and the other one only talks abotu college football..

it sounds like you are the one who is emotionally scarred from it.. maybe you should be proud of the win and not let my opinions effect you so much

Am I "the other one"? :D

Keith7
10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Am I "the other one"? :D

yes.. i wasnt trying to offend u.. just being honest

Keith7
10-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I think Terrius has a 30 yards per carry average against celina

KTJ
10-19-2004, 10:48 PM
You didn't offend me Keith. I would talk more about Gainesville except I haven't seen them, or any 3A team for that matter, play this year. I just know what I read in the GDR, goredsports.com, you and High School Fan.

I'm hoping the basketball team will make it to Austin again this year. That way I can see at least one Gainesville team play something this year.

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by BALLER69
well celina did beat RC 34-9 and gainesville lost to them 20-17

That don't mean a thing. Celina beat PP by 6 and Gainesville beat PP by 17. This is why we need someone who's team has played both teams to give us an honest opinion. Where is PPHS?

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 03:12 PM
PPHS, give us your opinion. If you do, I'll let you keep your nickle that you owe me.:D

PPHSfan
10-20-2004, 04:06 PM
If the game were played in Celina and had playoff connotations, I would give the edge to Celina.

If the game were played in Gainesville and was meaningless, I would pick Gainesville in a blowout.

Any other bifurcation and I would say it is a coin toss.

How is that?:)

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks for your input. Where have you been the last 2 days?

dogdad
10-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
That don't mean a thing. Celina beat PP by 6 and Gainesville beat PP by 17. This is why we need someone who's team has played both teams to give us an honest opinion. Where is PPHS?
what makes my opinion a dishonest opinion?
I gave you guys an honest assessment having seen both teams. I have no ax to grind against either team. Since I'm from RC then I don't know anything, is that it? The PP guy gets on here and agrees, so maybe I do know a little bit.

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 07:51 PM
It's nothing against you personally. You have strong ties to RC and I have strong ties to Gainesville. I was just looking for a neutral opinion.

dogdad
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
you miss my point, if celina and gainesville played each other, what does that have to do with RC? It would not make me any difference who won the game, I could not care less about it.
btw, harris poll would favor celina by 10 for what it's worth.

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Harris poll favored them last year also. If you could care less then why did you start posting on this thread? And if you think that Celina is better from top to bottom, that shows how much you really know.

dogdad
10-20-2004, 08:38 PM
the reason I posted on this thread is because opinions were asked for. I gave my opinion. Apparently you don't want any opinion that differs from what you think. If that's the case, then don't ask for opinions. You don't really know anything about me, but I can assure you that I've been following h.s. football since before most of you were strapping on your pampers. I am an avid RC fan, but I go to many different play-off games and those that know me consider me to be a fairly objective person when it comes to f.b. Don't be misled by my username, I am not a johnny-come-lately football parent, my sons have graduated long ago. I am a supporter of several different teams including Pearce, Wylie, S. Garland, L. Highlands, Kerens, Caddo Mills, Forney, Naaman Forest, and L. Travis because of friendship with coaches or fans of these programs. although I may be a dumba$$, I am probably not as a big of one as you may think I am. I have respect for the Gainesville team, coaching staff, and program because of what they have accomplished, but you need to realize that Gainesville is not the center of the f.b. universe and opinions outside Gainesville could still have merit.
o.k. I'm off the soapbox.

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Do you give you opinion on everything that you could careless about? No one ever said that you were a dumb ass. Your user name has nothing to do with anything. No one ever said that football existed only in Gainesville. I think that I asked for an opinion outside of Gainesville. It seems to me that I was through with this thread when PPHS made his statement. You just keep bringing it up because I wanted someone else's opinion. It almost reminds me of you getting mad on Texpreps and then quitting posting because everyone didn't agree with you.

This could of all been settled if Celina wasn't afraid to play Gainesville this year. Gainesville called, Celina declined.

dogdad
10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
what I said I couldn't care less about is who won the game if the 2 teams played

I can certainly have an opinion on who I think would win and still not care who wins

I could draw you a picture if it would help

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 09:08 PM
move on, this thread is over