PDA

View Full Version : A reminder that

Phil C
10-19-2004, 02:03 PM
we have fun on this website but please remember that it is best to NOT give away anyone's idendity without that person's permission. We can discuss and disagree without being disagreeable. We have a lot of new members here and I am mainly letting them know that personal feelings aside it is best to not say anything that would identify a person unless that person has given you permission to do so. I don't use my identity but you could come to Sinton and ask most of the athletes and lots of the citizens who I am and they would be able to tell you. Who I am is the worse kept secret in Sinton and that is ok with me but it is proper to get a person's permission before telling who he is. Respect others privacy is the best moto unless told different.

LogieJoeBean001
10-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks for saying that. I said I wasn't going to post anymore, but this has hit too close to home. Too late for me, but I hope this helps someone else!

44INAROW
10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Nicely said Phil. I agree with you 100% Also, something I was thinking about this afternoon - I don't think anyone on the Downlow intentionally sets out to do something hurtful or harmful to another poster, but sometimes we get "caught up in the moment" and our fingers start to moving before our brains get in gear. I know I've been guilty of this in the past and have tried to be more careful in my comments. Those that know me personally, know my nature is to be kind of a smarta$$ and I mean no harm but I tend to forget that the most of forum guys/gals don't know me like that, so what I say can be misunderstood. ;)

Phil C
10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
I know what you mean 44. We are all human and make errors even though we try to be watchful. I know that at least two times I have posted threads that I regreted and had the administrators delete them when I couldn't. But I agree that in most cases no one intentionally hurts or exposes anyone. We are all careless at one time or another.

Bullaholic
10-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I'll echo those sentiments Phil & 44. I'm a new guy and my biggest problem has been to determine who is posting seriously, and who is posting in jest. The last thing in the world I want to do is unintentionally offend someone. My personal rule is that I don't take most of the "pointed" comments on here,or at the coffee shop very seriously. I am just beginning to appreciate the humor and wit as well as the excellent football info threads on here.

PhiI C
10-19-2004, 06:31 PM
That is the right attitude Bull.

sinton66
10-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Sarcasm is almost a lost artform. There are several posters on here that are quite good at it though. Just takes a little time to get to know them.;)

Who outted you Phil?

PhiI C
10-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Mainly wanted to give friendly advice to the new ones 66 and remind some of us older ones. See you at the game Friday and talk more if you wish. Go Sinton Pirates! :)

Keith7
10-19-2004, 06:42 PM
yall have permision to let people know who i am

my real name is Keith Sweat

SintonFan
10-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
we have fun on this website but please remember that it is best to NOT give away anyone's idendity without that person's permission. We can discuss and disagree without being disagreeable. We have a lot of new members here and I am mainly letting them know that personal feelings aside it is best to not say anything that would identify a person unless that person has given you permission to do so. I don't use my identity but you could come to Sinton and ask most of the athletes and lots of the citizens who I am and they would be able to tell you. Who I am is the worse kept secret in Sinton and that is ok with me but it is proper to get a person's permission before telling who he is. Respect others privacy is the best moto unless told different.
You're secret is safe with me.:) Sometimes your twisted humor really cracks me up.:D :clap: