PDA

View Full Version : AP vs. Goliad

Sinton94
10-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Should be a real good game with third place on the line. If AP looses this game they are out of the play-offs after going 6 and 0. If AP can get up for this game after two blow-outs then I'd give them the edge, if not Goliad could route them as well!:thinking:

44INAROW
10-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Should be a real good game with third place on the line. If AP looses this game they are out of the play-offs after going 6 and 0. If AP can get up for this game after two blow-outs then I'd give them the edge, if not Goliad could route them as well!:thinking:

I am pulling for Goliad. No disrespect to AP, but Goliad is due for it.

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 01:39 PM
yeah...this is a tough call...if AP can piece it together and bring their A game..they have the edge...if not...Goliad has been on a tear.....and will take it w/ ease.

Phil C
10-19-2004, 01:43 PM
I have seen both teams play against Sinton and it should be a good game. If Goliad plays like they did against Sinton I think they will win a tough one. Plus Goliad has the home field advantage which will help. But if AP plays tough then it will be very close. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an overtime game.

Sinton94
10-19-2004, 01:59 PM
AP had a few injuries against Sinton. That could make a difference too since Goliad had the week off. Is the Robles kid coming back for this game?

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 02:17 PM
AP had a few injuries against Sinton. That could make a difference too since Goliad had the week off. Is the Robles kid coming back for this game? OH...i forgot Robles was still out....he didnt play against Sinton either did he? in the Goliad/AP game...Robles could be the diff. between a win and a loss.

sinfan75
10-19-2004, 06:56 PM
I gotta go with Goliad. They gave Sinton a run for their money.

Flourhead
10-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
... Plus Goliad has the home field advantage which will help...

i know you're defining home field advantage as having the home crowd... as for the field, i dont think goliad even wants to play on it... the entire stadium looks horrible

SintonFan
10-19-2004, 07:00 PM
I have seen both teams play against Sinton and it should be a good game. If Goliad plays like they did against Sinton I think they will win a tough one. Plus Goliad has the home field advantage which will help. But if AP plays tough then it will be very close. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an overtime game.
You are correct GF. Goliad has an unholy home-field advantage. It will be very close...

Ranger354
10-19-2004, 09:02 PM
I am saying Goliad by 21.

sinton fan04
10-20-2004, 07:38 AM
The only reason goliad looked like they gave sinton a tough game was because the fumbles and travis didn't play the second half. I went to school in goliad up to my senior yr but now live in sinton, and i sat on sintons side while my friends and brother on goliads side. I am happy to live in sinton its a great place even though i spent this monday in jail lmao.

IHStangFan
10-20-2004, 07:44 AM
MAN...i think w/ Robles being out...i may have to pick Goliad......in a squeeker.

Sinton94
10-20-2004, 11:30 AM
It will be interesting to see how many kids AP has left. I counted 21 last week against Sinton and at least three of them left the game! That is amazing to me, being that they are the second biggest school in the district! I wonder why they have such a lack of participation! :confused:

IHStangFan
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
It will be interesting to see how many kids AP has left. I counted 21 last week against Sinton and at least three of them left the game! That is amazing to me, being that they are the second biggest school in the district! I wonder why they have such a lack of participation! :confused: grades/ injuries would be MY guess.

Sinton94
10-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
grades/ injuries would be MY guess.

Yeah but that's true for everyone. They seem to loose more than other towns. Maybe it's just me:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
The only reason goliad looked like they gave sinton a tough game was because the fumbles and travis didn't play the second half. I went to school in goliad up to my senior yr but now live in sinton, and i sat on sintons side while my friends and brother on goliads side. I am happy to live in sinton its a great place even though i spent this monday in jail lmao.

we need a story. . . and i pick Goliad to win, and AP to be the story of the year Going 6-0 through predistrict, and losing 4 straight and not makin the playoffs... once again, just my take

Sinton94
10-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
we need a story. . . and i pick Goliad to win, and AP to be the story of the year Going 6-0 through predistrict, and losing 4 straight and not makin the playoffs... once again, just my take

Yeah going 6 and 0 and then not winning a district game does not make for a good story for sure! There might even be some changes coming in AP if that happens!:eek:

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
MAN...i think w/ Robles being out...i may have to pick Goliad......in a squeeker.

Not so sure Robles will be out, he only had a slight sprain. I will check with my son as to our injured player status and update you all later. I don't really think we lost any to grades, just didn't have many to begin with. Why... is the million dollar question. There were quite a few good players that did not return this year because of differences of opinion with our AD.

Hope that turns around. :rolleyes:

Sinton94
10-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Will AP show up or roll over? :thinking:

I'm thinking they've packed it up and our now getting ready for BB. Goliad by 10.

Phil C
10-21-2004, 04:40 PM
I think they will show up and it will be an exciting close game. But saying AP is getting ready for bb is frightening considering how good they have done the past few years.

AP Panther Fan
10-21-2004, 05:13 PM
I think they will show up and it will be an exciting close game. But saying AP is getting ready for bb is frightening considering how good they have done the past few years.

Thanks Phil. Our Senior League Boys baseball won the District flag during the summer. It was a great experience and it was the last year that those young men (16 yr olds) could play Little League together (most have played since t-ball). Just this past Monday, they all went to the City Council Meeting, got photos with the Mayor, received a proclamation by the City as well as a trophy. Kinda cool, but anyway... we do love baseball in Aransas Pass and are looking forward to the high school season.:thumbsup:

As for football, all of our players should be back this week. We still have some that aren't quite up to par, but playable.
I am concerned as to whether or not we will beat Goliad, just based on the Sinton and Ingleside scores, but who knows. I will be out there cheering them on (as always) and hoping for the best.;)

Sinton94
10-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I am concerned as to whether or not we will beat Goliad, just based on the Sinton and Ingleside scores, but who knows. I will be out there cheering them on (as always) and hoping for the best.;)

GOOD LUCK!:D