PDA

View Full Version : Region I Cross Country Question

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Anyone have any information on Girls Cross Country in region I, especilly in district 5. My daughter (who is a freshman) will be running in the district meet and I was wondering about how many girls will run in that. Does any one know? Also, how is the region looking as far as times? About what times will be needed to qualify for state? Does each district usually send 10 girls to regionals or are there some that don't have that many to send?

Any information would help as this is my first year with cross country.

Little Lady Z Motion jr placed 9th at the last meet in Munday with a time of 14.04. I was hoping that she will qualify for regionals but I have no idea what Graham, Hirschi, Breckenridge, and Iowa park have. I know Canyon won the team last year so how many of those girls are back? Ok then any information is appreciated.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2004, 02:13 PM
ttt

Cliff Hanger
10-19-2004, 02:29 PM
The top ten ind. and the top three teams qual. for the regional meet. So your daughter can get to the regional meet in two ways.

1) Be a top ten finisher in the district meet.

2) Be on one of the top three teams.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Cliff Hanger
The top ten ind. and the top three teams qual. for the regional meet. So your daughter can get to the regional meet in two ways.

1) Be a top ten finisher in the district meet.

2) Be on one of the top three teams.

Vernon only has three girls that will run in the district meet. In addition, one of the other two girls is a freshman also and has been only running JV so she will not fair to well in all likelyhood. The other girl has been hurt all season and she may run at the district meet don't know yet. So I guess my youngster will have to finish in the top 10. I just don't know how many girls actually run in district. Like I said we only have three girls.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

thumptbh
10-19-2004, 04:32 PM
i believe canyon has everybody back except one. brooke shepherd moved last week somewhere around dallas to a 2a school. other than that all of the girls last year were freshman.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 04:34 PM
our top girls times at thier last meet was Vanessa Llanas finished in 14:23 and Brooke Ward finished
in 14:26.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by thumptbh
i believe canyon has everybody back except one. brooke shepherd moved last week somewhere around dallas to a 2a school. other than that all of the girls last year were freshman.

Wow that's tough on My girl then. I just hope she makes regionals and then I get to road trip to Texas Tech! Ok thanks for the times Keith. Loooks like Lady Z jr will be in the mix.

I wonder where my kids get it from? Must be the wife's side!:)

bleedgreen
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Go to the following web site for results in recent cross country races:

http://www.texastrack.com/2004%20XC/04xc_hs_results.htm

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Well good and bad news today for Lady Z jr. As a freshman she ran varsity Cross Country and placed 15th at district. The bad news is that she didn't qualify for the regional meet and I know she is very sad. The good news is she took a chance and gave it all she had and I'm very proud of her. Plus she has three more years to get better.

What a great post to make for my 1,000th.

:)