PDA

View Full Version : Best football program in Central Texas/Austin area

fbmom
10-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Which team has the best football program this year in the Central Texas/Austin area, and why. Also, which team has the most potential for the next 2-3 years

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2004, 06:51 AM
There are several good programs in CenTex, but I'll have to go with Liberty Hill. The program Coach Vance has brought to our school is outstanding. Records aside, he gave our kids confidence in themselves from day one. We had one of the worst teams in the area, with players that had absolutely no self-esteem as players. Winning is great, and helped some, I'm sure, but that was not the key - he was.

ILS1
10-19-2004, 06:58 AM
I have 2: Burnet and Liberty Hill

Burnet: was a perenial power in 3A,making the state title game 2 years in a row. Now,they are making noise in 4A,all the while losing Shipley and McGee to graduation. Great coaching job by Shipley.

Liberty Hill: has been on a roll the past 2 years and this year. They have a good a chance as any to win the 3A title this year. Vance is a great coach and motivator. They need to shore up their defense a little bit.

Best upside:

Hutto: Great young athletes and more moving in due to Hutto's rapid growth. They had 110 kids come out for football this year and ONLY 8 are Seniors!! They need to something about their coaching staff. That's all I will say about that!!!

:)

jrhernandez7
10-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I would have to go with westlake, liberty hill and burnet would have to be one of the best 3a football programs in the austin area but westlake has been so dominate for so many years it is hard not to go with them