PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the BH vs HF score yet?

BHcheeze24
09-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately i had car trouble as i was trying to leave my house to go to the game and had to stay home and now i'm wondering if anyone has the Barbers Hill vs HF score.

Can anyone help?

bccards
09-06-2002, 10:50 PM
According to KFDM Channel 6

Hamshire Fannett 13
Barbers Hill 6

Chris Hart
09-06-2002, 10:53 PM
That's a shocker.

bccards
09-06-2002, 11:08 PM
they just said that the power had went out at longhorns stadium and that they have called the game, but did not say which quarter the game was called.. i don't know if it will go in the record books or not

BHcheeze24
09-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Thats a much better report to hear than a loss. If its recorded as a BH loss it will be a sad moment in BH football history as the regular season win streak will not be broken. This being my senior year i saw the streak start my freshmen year and boy has it been a great one. That years HF game was really close too i think like a 3pt. win.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 11:19 PM
I watched the game-it was interesting. The power went out with about 5 minutes left in the 4th Quarter. It was a win for Hamshire-Fannett over Barbers Hill. 13-6....I was quite surprised just how presistent HF can be;however, BH has some great players like #80 Tanner Foster and #44. H-F has little speed just a great drive to move the ball. I still think BH will win their district, but the Dist. with H-F,OF,HJ, BC is a little stronger overall.

RBARKER
09-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Old Cardinal, could you give a little more info. was it raining bad? who had the ball when the game was called? Was there any key turnovers. I know it doesn't matter if my Eagles lost they lost but, I would like to know . Thanks

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 11:40 PM
It was lighting bad and just started to rain all of a sudden, when the lights went out. They were at mid-field and I don't remember who had the ball for sure, but I think it was HF. Actually, The weather cooperated quite well up until then. BH has a lot of unseasoned players with potential, they will come around by mid-season! I enjoyed the game both teams played real hard.

EAGLEBLUE
09-07-2002, 12:32 AM
Taking nothing away from HF, the officiating was horrible. Both teams were good on defense, both stuggled on offense. BH could not get nothing to go their way. Turnovers and big drive killing penalties is what killed BH. It is hard to say just how good HF defense is because of the big penalties. I know that your thinking sour grapes but, you have to admit on all of BH big plays we were flagged. I repeat on all of the big plays zebras got in the way.

BH_146
09-07-2002, 01:27 AM
Old Cardinal, a good assessment of the game. Once we get our line going, we should be okay. They are showing their inexperience right now. By the way, I assume you know #80 has BC ties, right? The game was resumed after an hour delay with 1:58 left on the official's clock but H-F intercepted the ball and ran out the clock.

Old Cardinal
09-07-2002, 11:21 AM
I agree B_146, BH has not reached their potential yet. I liked the play of the boy with the cast on his arm. If # 16, Perry Carrington can learn to turn up field and also go, against the grain, he will be much better! He seems to be trying to always use his speed to spring out and around everyone. Sometimes, he must pick his holes to be more effective in the scramble. After a good nights sleep, I realized that HF does have a fast back, but he too was hampered by a wet field. Your two big boys #71 and I forget the other, sure have a lot of potential don't they. Your man in the middle linebacker position(sometimes nose guard) is tough, I can't wait for him and BC's Luke Lyons(Center) to lock horns in the middle. That will be a contest that most people at a ballgame will not be cognazent of what skills are being displayed.

BH_146
09-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Well, we have plenty to work on for the next couple of weeks before district play begins. Our defense looked a little better this week. I'm sure the coaches will begin to make necessary adjustments. And after seeing the Splendora score against Diboll, we are really going to need to kick it up a notch or two.

Old Cardinal
09-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Yes, Splendora is a great little football program. Kevin Weldon HC is good, and Reese Briggs is probably the top Offensive Coordinator in the State. My dream-team of Coaching would be Jeff Mathews, Vidor HD, Newton's Defensive Coach, Reese Briggs, Offensive Coordinaton. Of course, I was not surprised to see them take Diboll, I have seen both of them play last year, Splendora returns more skill and more imaginative Coaching. I think Splendora and Orangefield would make a good game.

9's Mom
09-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Old Cardinal for the record #16 is QB James Northcutt. Perry Carrington is #22. Just thought you might like to know. You sure seem to know your football (and baseball)!

Old Cardinal
09-08-2002, 12:40 PM
Sorry I got them backwards on their jersey's. James Northcutt has a lot of potential also.

9's Mom
09-09-2002, 12:24 PM
He does have the potential. I think playing defense as well as QB might keep him from realizing it. He was one tired football player!

EAGLEBLUE
09-09-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 9's Mom:
He does have the potential. I think playing defense as well as QB might keep him from realizing it. He was one tired football player!

How would you know? You weren't even there.lol! 16'S OH I MEAN 9'S MOM. But we'll forgive you if you show up at the next game.

9's Mom
09-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Guess you got my number! Howabouta clue as to who you are? Go Eagles!

EAGLEBLUE
09-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 9's Mom:
Guess you got my number! Howabouta clue as to who you are? Go Eagles!
Why just the other day I was giving you a hard time about the very same topic in my last post! If you haven't figured it out by Friday I might just tell you at the game.