PDA

View Full Version : Steven Jackson

bigpimpin
10-18-2004, 11:09 PM
This has nothing to do with 3a football, but I've just gotta talk about this kid. He was the 24th pick in the draft for St. Louis, RB, and he's just unbelievably talented. Led the Pac-10 in rushing yards, all-purpose yards, and touchdowns. Best runningback in the draft and Dallas should have taken him in the first round. He's 6'3, 245 and I've never seen him get taken down by one man. He just took a screen pass on 3rd and 14, broke two tackles and ran 30 yds until he was hit by one, two, three, four, then 5 guys and still not tackled, ran him out of bounds still standing. Last week against the Seahawks, Faulk had 10 carries for 12 yards and then Jackson gets in the game and the first time he touches the ball, 79 yd run...just a little speed. When he takes over for Marshall Faulk next year and becomes a hall of fame player, remember you heard it here first....Now I'll open up the floor to discussion and if you have a rookie or perhaps a college or high school player we seldom hear about that you have high hopes for, please, enlighten us.....btw, I'm a hardcore Bucs fan:(

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
This has nothing to do with 3a football, but I've just gotta talk about this kid. He was the 24th pick in the draft for St. Louis, RB, and he's just unbelievably talented. Led the Pac-10 in rushing yards, all-purpose yards, and touchdowns. Best runningback in the draft and Dallas should have taken him in the first round. He's 6'3, 245 and I've never seen him get taken down by one man. He just took a screen pass on 3rd and 14, broke two tackles and ran 30 yds until he was hit by one, two, three, four, then 5 guys and still not tackled, ran him out of bounds still standing. Last week against the Seahawks, Faulk had 10 carries for 12 yards and then Jackson gets in the game and the first time he touches the ball, 79 yd run...just a little speed. When he takes over for Marshall Faulk next year and becomes a hall of fame player, remember you heard it here first....Now I'll open up the floor to discussion and if you have a rookie or perhaps a college or high school player we seldom hear about that you have high hopes for, please, enlighten us.....btw, I'm a hardcore Bucs fan:(

I am one that could not believe that dallas didn't take him. of course if Buffalo's first round pick next year turns out to be a top 5 pick then Dallas I think made a good move.

Flourhead
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
dallas's first round pick might be top 5 too...