PDA

View Full Version : Bye Week

Stangster
10-18-2004, 10:01 PM
What do you do during the bye week?

Take a week off from football or find a good game to go to.

I think I'm going to go see the Abilene Wylie/Snyder game during Sweetwater's bye week. It ought to be an interesting game. Now the tough question - Which side to sit on?

wildstangs
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I think I am going to go to that game also. Its a tough decision on who to go for. I want Wylie to win, but a Snyder win will give Sweetwater a piece of the district title. I will definitely set on the Wylie side though, since I dont think us Sweetwater fans would be to welcome over on in Tigerland.

Stangster
10-18-2004, 10:18 PM
You definitely have a point there (especially after last week).

wildstangs
10-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Any predictions on this game yet? I say Wylie by 24. Feel free to prove me wrong Tigers.

Stangster
10-19-2004, 08:38 AM
hmmm...

Wylie will have a week off to rest up and prepare for Snyder. Snyder will be coming off a big win over Merkel (overconfident?). They will be playing at Wylie not Snyder.

I think Wylie wins this one big time. I think Wylie's defense will contain Walker and their offense will put up some big numbers. It's Snyder's misfortune to play them at home after a bye week.

just my onion

Phil C
10-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Some of us in Sinton are thinking about going to a 4A game during our bye week (November 5) when Gregory-Portland plays Calallen. Gregory-Portland is ranked No. 1 in 4A and I think Calallen is rated No. 5. It should be a great one.

pero chato
10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
What do you do during the bye week?

Take a week off from football or find a good game to go to.

I think I'm going to go see the Abilene Wylie/Snyder game during Sweetwater's bye week. It ought to be an interesting game. Now the tough question - Which side to sit on?

Sit on the Wylie side of course! There is a LOT more love for Sweetwater there than on the Snyder side. Of course you will need to get there early to get a seat. This will be a close game, but Wylie should be ready for it. Snyder will be ready too, but hopefully the Bulldogs can come out on top; I say by 9.

Stangster
10-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Sit on the Wylie side of course! There is a LOT more love for Sweetwater there than on the Snyder side. Of course you will need to get there early to get a seat. This will be a close game, but Wylie should be ready for it. Snyder will be ready too, but hopefully the Bulldogs can come out on top; I say by 9.

You talked me into it. I have decided to sit on the Wylie side and cheer for the Bulldogs. I imagine there will be several Sweetwater fans on the home side next week. It's not every year I get to watch Snyder lose two. Go Bulldogs!

Redman
10-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I will pick Wylie big in this game. I think at least by 21+. Wylie just too much team this year. Sweetwater is the only team in this district that could compete. The rest of the teams didn't or won't even come close. Should still be a good game.

Stangster
10-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Redman
I will pick Wylie big in this game. I think at least by 21+. Wylie just too much team this year. Sweetwater is the only team in this district that could compete. The rest of the teams didn't or won't even come close. Should still be a good game.

Appreciate the compliment for the Mustangs! Although there are those who would strongly disagree (probably not intelligently).

Black & Gold
10-20-2004, 10:06 AM
It's nice to see some Sweetwater people cheering on Snyder for this game. Ha! I guess it would be just as bad for us if we had to cheer you guys on.

CheerMom
10-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Usually go watch one of our district opponents.

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Some of us in Sinton are thinking about going to a 4A game during our bye week (November 5) when Gregory-Portland plays Calallen. Gregory-Portland is ranked No. 1 in 4A and I think Calallen is rated No. 5. It should be a great one.

This game usually is for the district title. I, for one, will be there in my Blue and Red :doh: and supporting teh #1 team in the state. . .

on a side not, i was told that GP would win state simply because they are #1 in the state, by someone who has no knowledge of football... phhht, no offense, but i see a SA team knocking them off in the playoffs. . . just my take on it. . .