PDA

View Full Version : Who are some of the best D-1 O-Line prospects in 3A?

GreenMonster
10-18-2004, 09:20 PM
The Duggins kid from IP is looking better each week. Has the size 6'6" 270 lbs. Starting to get mean and showed the first real sign of toughness this past week when he pushed the trainer aside and pulled his helmet away from the asst trainer to go back into the game with a gimpy knee. I love that in an O-Lineman.

Flourhead
10-18-2004, 09:21 PM
ross nigh and roy sierra of cuero... possibly bryan weaver and jeremy spencer

bigpimpin
10-18-2004, 11:30 PM
I think Weaver could be one of the best if he'd get a little meanness in him. Roy has the strength and Ross has the size. If Spencer could get a little quicker...well, he's scary enough as it is. Haynes is good too, but way too small to warrant D-1 consideration.

Macarthur
10-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
The Duggins kid from IP is looking better each week. Has the size 6'6" 270 lbs. Starting to get mean and showed the first real sign of toughness this past week when he pushed the trainer aside and pulled his helmet away from the asst trainer to go back into the game with a gimpy knee. I love that in an O-Lineman.

I agree with you about the Duggins kid. He is extremely aggressive. And with his size, he has been absolutely dominate this year against a schedule that has several 4A schools. He does need to get a bit stronger because he has grown so fast; he's not a weight room warrior, yet. But once he gets stronger in his upper body, he will be absolutely scary. I haven't seen IP play every game, but the only way teams have been effective against him this year has been to just submarine every play and try to create a pile. Everyone that has tried to play him straight up has been absolutely dominated. He regularly takes people 8-12 yards off the LOS. He's a pretty good B-Ball player so he really brings some athleticism to his OT position. And the most scary aspect about him is that he is only a JUNIOR!

tmac
10-19-2004, 10:22 AM
i know im praisin a hometown guy but honestly u dont hear about alot of o line guys so ill post 2 of decaturs top o linemen.Neal Llewellyn and Jarred Robbins are both 2 year starters in 2 years of state champion contention years.not much size for either but have the strength and quickness to go places

Balboa
10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Wesley from Navasota is a hoss. he is a little shortr but I think he couldmake someone a hand. also King from Rice would make a good Tight end or DE

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Duggins did a great job against Vernon. He should get some college looks!

IHStangFan
10-19-2004, 04:10 PM
do any of you guys remember Zach Peterson from Sinton a few years ago? i think he plays at Kingsville A&M now...but wasnt he like 6'7 or 6'8, 300 lbs w/ like 5.0/40yd speed?

black&blue
10-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by tmac
i know im praisin a hometown guy but honestly u dont hear about alot of o line guys so ill post 2 of decaturs top o linemen.Neal Llewellyn and Jarred Robbins are both 2 year starters in 2 years of state champion contention years.not much size for either but have the strength and quickness to go places

tmac, let me correct u here...although robbins is a good lineman he is not a two year starter...if i remember correctly he started only 2 games last year and they were because of injury and a player missing a game due to prior commitments...I do agree that Llewellyn and Robbins are very good linemen though.